This Remote is Bothering Me - An August 2020 TR

We arrived about 20 minutes after park opening, which was our strategy for most parks to avoid the rope drop crowds, and it worked out well.
Interesting strategy. And it appears to have worked out very well.
Wonder how it would work on a normal (i.e. pre-covid) day?
I even got a picture of the cheetah walking around!
Nice! Not that common a catch.
We got to see the new baby gorilla, but she was leaning up against her mom and doesn’t show up well in the pictures.
I totally missed it at first glance. Then even after a second glance, I thought it was just some weird reflection.
Everest was listed as a walk on
Nice!
we got to enjoy our food with some air conditioning.
Always a plus, in Florida.
Flight of Passage was listed as a 20 minute wait after lunch and Navi River was 45,
What????? I've never seen that!!
It was a 20 minute wait but the line had very few stops and we really enjoyed getting to see the standby line for the first time ever.
I've never seen the standby line. Sounds like the perfect opportunity to do so.
Our next stop was Dinosaur, because if you don’t criss cross this park at least 5 times, have you really even been here?! :rotfl2:
:lmao:
there was a man with 2 young children in front of us who were so well behaved and did better staying on their queue markers than almost everyone else in line! We were impressed.
Not surprised. Kids seem to adapt to this much more readily than adults.
we headed back to FoP, which said 15 minutes but was a complete walk on.
Wow. Never thought I'd see that.
And then they announced that one of the white rhinos had gone to sleep in the middle of the road and they needed to wait for it to move. It took about 30 minutes total until boarding
Long time! But... Even rhinos need their beauty rest ya know.
C.A. wanted to do the animation class on Discovery Island so we caught the train to head over. It was starting to look stormy too. Unfortunately, we missed the class by about 10 minutes
Poop. :(
There was a big bolt of lightning that almost blinded us followed by a giant crack of thunder.
Yikes!
Right after, one of my friends texted to say that Rise of the Resistance had just been struck by lightning. Wow!
Huh! But then again, all those buildings are studded with lightning rods, so it shouldn't come as a surprise, I suppose.
We both decided we were craving good french fries so we got dinner at D-Luxe Burger. The burgers weren’t quite as good as I remembered but the fries were delicious and the restaurant was almost empty so we were happy.
That burger does look better than your average fast food burger, though.
DS was super crowded and masks were not being enforced very well.
:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter