Those moving walkways!

LOL
Sure MIB...
That would be some serious fun...we could have special tee shirts...and those red light sticks like they use at airports...

Of course, we'll have to have security stand by to help deal with the folks that just don't get it, and insist that everyone should walk on the non-moving pavement if they don't want to just stand there...

We can chant..."We just want to GET there" over and over...

Usually it's my inside voice that says that....but I think it's time we took a stand! Or...a walk...well, you know what I mean!!! :D

We'll tell the standers to take a walk, to the right side!

Tho I'd probably need to hit Margaritaville first to get my courage up! :rolleyes:

Karen
Feeling silly again!

I have to disagree with the poster who said that the walkways were not installed so people could get there faster. That is exactly the reason they started showing up in large airports.

My point, exactly! I feel like if you just walked on reg. walkways, all the way from the garages, you could spend half your day walking! This way, you can get there faster, covering MORE ground in a shorter amount of time...OR, you can stand there and get there as the park closes!:D (sarcasm alert!)

Karen

How about the people who stop at the end of the moving sidewalk once they are off it. :mad: As if the moving herd of people coming towards their backsides can stop! Some people are just selfish idiots.

LOL Margie! You're right about THAT one!!! :mad: These are probably the same people (tourons?) that come out of a show or attraction and stop dead to look at their map to see where to head next! They have NO clue about the sometimes hundreds of people that are ALSO exiting....because THEY need to look at their map, and there IS noone else to worry about! I'd hate to see these people behind the wheel of their car!:eek:

Karen :)

I'm envisioning Ms. Disney with a megaphone behind someone's head -- STAND TO THE RIGHT, WALK TO THE LEFT...
Yes...
You...
I'm talking to YOU...

LOL yup, that's me! I was there last night, we hit IOA for a couple of hours and then went to dinner at Pastamore and then the movies...and I have to tell you, it seems the Citywalk people at night seem to know to stand to the right...I was shocked to see people lined up on the right standing as we walked past! Only one touron was on the left, blocking the way, but we walkers politely excused ourselves and shoved him over to the right! (ok....we didn't really).
Progress? Perhaps....but I think it's those pesky tourons who are the BIG problem with staning all over the walkway!

(I really do like this new word, hope the originator doesn't mind my using it as part of my vocabulary!)

Karen

Hey, I must say I take offense to that, touron. I am not. Okay just occassionally I am!

It's really funny though. It drives me crazy even here in slooooowwwww Oklahoma to get behind certain drivers or people in stores or parks like US/UIOA/DW. It always seems to be when I'm in a hurry, maybe I just notice it more then.

The bad thing is that I catch myself stopping right in the middle of the road sometimes but it makes me mad when other people do it. Oh well, it must be the heat or something-must be having a brain melt!

I would never stop in front of the moving sidewalks though, for some reason they scare me. Guess I'm afraid I'll get my shoe string stuck in it or something and cause a big pileup at the end. But you can give me a rollercoaster anyday. Just don't let that moving sidewalk get me or my kids!

Just wanted to add that now that I've read the pet peeves post and get a better understanding of the word touron I will say that I definitely am not one, maybe a mouron though for posting without knowing what the word meant!LOL!!! And I really do not intentionally stop in the middle of the road to read a map or get something out of a bag, just don't think sometimes! Is it the heat or the kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter