Those using swagbucks ???

Is it considered income if you are getting giftcards? I thought I read on here that it is not? But then again, I'm not tax law savvy....

The IRS doesn't distinguish between cash and other things of value. If Oprah gives you a free car, that's still income and you have to pay taxes on it.

However, I believe where Swagbucks gets around the issue is that rebates for purchasing merchandise are exempt from taxes.

For those of you who rack up over $600 a year... has anyone ever been sent a 1099 by Swagbucks?

Thx
I have never and this year i have earned over $1000 just on swagbucks. I kinda remember reading about some one one here who had received something but not sure if it was from SB

I have never and this year i have earned over $1000 just on swagbucks. I kinda remember reading about some one one here who had received something but not sure if it was from SB

ETA: I remembered it was not SB related but more I think someone received a 1099 from earnings from bank bonuses or something like that.

ETA: I remembered it was not SB related but more I think someone received a 1099 from earnings from bank bonuses or something like that.
Bank bonuses are treated like interest so they get reported for sure. But maybe it was perk?

The IRS doesn't distinguish between cash and other things of value. If Oprah gives you a free car, that's still income and you have to pay taxes on it.

However, I believe where Swagbucks gets around the issue is that rebates for purchasing merchandise are exempt from taxes.

Exactly that. I researched this and found SB's policy/thought process is that they don't track to that detail on what is and isn't taxable and therefore they don't 1099 - it's up to you to self report your taxable income. I'm still not sure how they get around that as I thought it was their responsibility to do that, but it's SB, I wouldn't trust them to do it correctly either so it's better this way.

Got a notice this morning that Apple made changes to Safari that might cause Swagbucks to not work so well. It suggested I use Chrome on my iPad. Seems like a pain to have to use a different browser than I use for everything else. I’m not very techy. Will my sb not track now if I shop through safari or do a survey?

Got a notice this morning that Apple made changes to Safari that might cause Swagbucks to not work so well. It suggested I use Chrome on my iPad. Seems like a pain to have to use a different browser than I use for everything else. I’m not very techy. Will my sb not track now if I shop through safari or do a survey?
Apple is working toward preventing websites from gathering info and tracking your activity. If I had to guess this security probably conflicts with some of the things Swagbucks website does.

Has anyone had this happen before? I qualified for a survey in the Answer app and got almost to the very end and next thing I know the next question had started a new survey which I didn't qualify for and only got my 1SB. It was a 10 minutes 50SB survey asking about LinkedIn Learning.

Has anyone had this happen before? I qualified for a survey in the Answer app and got almost to the very end and next thing I know the next question had started a new survey which I didn't qualify for and only got my 1SB. It was a 10 minutes 50SB survey asking about LinkedIn Learning.
About once a week

So far this week, I've only received credit once for coupon prints. I have been printing the max, b/c I need the SB. So disappointed it has not worked very well.

RevU had 3 new (to me) insurance offers worth 18 SB each. Not double RevU, but better than nothing.

RE: ncraves. All my 8 SB ncraves left me at the beginning of the month. Is the best option still Best Friends? It only runs 4,3,2,1,1,1,1 ect.. but its the best I've got when I can't babysit the computer.

You're kidding! I'm annoyed it happened once to me but knowing that I would get nowhere by sending in a ticket, I'm just going to have to let it go and keep trying to qualify for other surveys. :(
Yup happens to me all the time. Now I keep the other window open where it shows the survey i started and for how much. I will sometimes finish the whole survey and it will not give me credit. So i submit a ticket. Almost 90% of the time I get the SB from submitting a ticket. I am actually at the point where i am surprised when it credits correctly

Do you all have much luck on searches? I've been trying to do them lately so I can get the bonus SB for completely the toolbar, but I have tough luck. I swear i've done at least 50 searched today and nothing. I can remember when I first started doing SB on Fridays you could regularly get 50 SB searches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter