Thoughts on my timetable. Updated with confirmed ADRs

Do you think it's morally wrong to make a booking for two different mornings at Boma and then cancel one when we get there and have a better idea how we're feeling?

For Boma breakfast no, if it were Chef Mickeys or something popular then yes. I figure a lot of people would try for walk ups here each morning and you'll cancel in time for them to make use of the table, so I would make the two.

Cheers for the heads up. :)

I think I'm pretty much happy now with my ADRs. I'm still contemplating a change of day for the Boma breakfast, but that's it.

Do you think it's morally wrong to make a booking for two different mornings at Boma and then cancel one when we get there and have a better idea how we're feeling?

If you're currently holding the bookings, stick with it. :thumbsup2

PrincessInOz said:
WanderlustNZ said:
Cheers for the heads up.

I think I'm pretty much happy now with my ADRs. I'm still contemplating a change of day for the Boma breakfast, but that's it.

If you're currently holding the bookings, stick with it.

Think of it as doing someone who likes to book close to the date a favour. ;) I know I have picked up a few bookings while we are at the resort that I couldn't have anticipated a need for six months ahead of time, so I was grateful for people who'd made a few extra bookings then dropped them, opening spaces for people like me!

Only some people are getting the email. Someone else had a similar issue. Call Disney and see if you can make reservations for earlier in your trip. People have been able to make them when they're starting at a testing resort and then after they've moved to a non testing resort :) It's worth a phone call to see if this is possible :)

We will be getting AP's and apparently from mid October, AP's might be getting the Magic Bands. We won't be able to make FP reservations until we arrive since we are buying them upon arrival.

Not the invitation email, but I have been able to order Magicbands and make Fastpass + selections. From what I've read online, I'm not entirely sure they're still sending out the emails.

The disappointing thing is that I can only make FP+ bookings for the 6 nights I'm at AKV. I can't make any for the first 5 nights at BWV. It's thrown me into a bit of tizz as I really want FP+ for HS and Epcot and they weren't part of my original plan for the second half of my stay.

Still, I can't complain. I'm looking forward to trialling it; it should be fun. :)

Think of it as doing someone who likes to book close to the date a favour. ;) I know I have picked up a few bookings while we are at the resort that I couldn't have anticipated a need for six months ahead of time, so I was grateful for people who'd made a few extra bookings then dropped them, opening spaces for people like me!

Ha. I like this way of looking at it. The more I've researched this holiday, the more I have felt sorry for those first time visitors who bowl up to DisneyWorld without any reservations for anything except their hotel. Disney probably should hold back a very reservations for walk-ins so these people can have a good holiday to.

For Boma breakfast no, if it were Chef Mickeys or something popular then yes. I figure a lot of people would try for walk ups here each morning and you'll cancel in time for them to make use of the table, so I would make the two.

If you're currently holding the bookings, stick with it.

Thanks guys. I don't have 2 bookings yet, but will probably make another. WHen I checked there were plenty of reservations available.

P.S. How do you do multiple quotes here on the Disboards?

Only some people are getting the email. Someone else had a similar issue. Call Disney and see if you can make reservations for earlier in your trip. People have been able to make them when they're starting at a testing resort and then after they've moved to a non testing resort :) It's worth a phone call to see if this is possible :)

We will be getting AP's and apparently from mid October, AP's might be getting the Magic Bands. We won't be able to make FP reservations until we arrive since we are buying them upon arrival.

Great idea! I'm not working tomorrow so will give them a call tomorrow morning and see what happens. Nothing to lose. I also want to check they aren't posting my bands to NZ as their system suggests they will be doing. Do you think I should ring the reservations number or the tech support? I discovered on a past call that they can't patch you from one to another.

Great idea! I'm not working tomorrow so will give them a call tomorrow morning and see what happens. Nothing to lose. I also want to check they aren't posting my bands to NZ as their system suggests they will be doing. Do you think I should ring the reservations number or the tech support? I discovered on a past call that they can't patch you from one to another.

I'd ring tech support. Good luck with it and I hope you get your FP+ for the BWV part of your stay.

Tech Support I would think since reservations can only change your current reservation or add a new one. Tech Support might be able to go something, especially since people have been able to make reservations for after they have left their testing report. One person was even moving to off site and they could still make reservations :) Good luck!

Thanks guys. :thumbsup2
I did ring tech support and they were able to address all my questions.

So the good news is that:

1. They don't ship the Magic Bands to NZ. So my bands won't miss me in transit, but will instead be waiting at the resort.
2. My son's ticket is clearly being identified by their system, even though it's still showing up as an unrecognisable ticket on MDE.

The bad news:

1. Boardwalk is not a testing resort, so they couldn't do anything about extending fastpasses into my first 5 nights. The operator was really polite about it though, and I know I was asking a lot, so I can't be annoyed.

I decided this morning that I wanted my non-park day to fall into the BWV part of my stay rather than the AKV. That way I get to make full use of Fastpass +. However, little did I know that this seemingly small decision would lead to about 4 hours of reviewing crowd calendars, making adjustments to my timetable, Fastpasses and ADRs, and a whole lot of over-thinking.

The biggest change was to my ADRs. I cancelled 2 altogether and made day changes to another 3. The two I cancelled were LTT on the night of MNSSHP, and a T-Rex lunch. With LTT, I just haven't been able to shake the feeling that it's quite pricey, there are quite a few bad reviews for the dinner, and we might be happier not feeling tied down to an ADR on that night. With T-Rex, I had picked it because I knew my son would love it, but I just wasn't sure my husband and I would. We ate at Rainforest Cafe many years back and I remember both of us thinking that the noise and colour was a bit of an assault on our senses. I was worried T-Rex would feel the same way.

The 3 I changed were:
- Boma breakfast to another day
- 50's Primetime Cafe lunch to another day
- Biergarten dinner to a lunch (it works out about $30 cheaper).

I may not have made the right decision with all these changes, but I'm not feeling any regrets yet (not the least because I'll save quite a bit of money).

My only slight concern is on the day of MNSSHP. I have lunch booked at Biergarten for 12:30am and I need to be at the Pirates League in MK no later than 3:15 for a 3:30 apt. Am I right to think this should be achievable without any unnecessary rushing? I figure that lunch should be finished by 2, which gives us over an hour to swap parks. Does this reasoning sound logical? Also, what do you think would be the best way of getting between parks - walking through Epcot and catching the two monorails, or walking out to the Beach Club and catching the bus?

I decided this morning that I wanted my non-park day to fall into the BWV part of my stay rather than the AKV. That way I get to make full use of Fastpass +. However, little did I know that this seemingly small decision would lead to about 4 hours of reviewing crowd calendars, making adjustments to my timetable, Fastpasses and ADRs, and a whole lot of over-thinking.

The biggest change was to my ADRs. I cancelled 2 altogether and made day changes to another 3. The two I cancelled were LTT on the night of MNSSHP, and a T-Rex lunch. With LTT, I just haven't been able to shake the feeling that it's quite pricey, there are quite a few bad reviews for the dinner, and we might be happier not feeling tied down to an ADR on that night. With T-Rex, I had picked it because I knew my son would love it, but I just wasn't sure my husband and I would. We ate at Rainforest Cafe many years back and I remember both of us thinking that the noise and colour was a bit of an assault on our senses. I was worried T-Rex would feel the same way.

The 3 I changed were:
- Boma breakfast to another day
- 50's Primetime Cafe lunch to another day
- Biergarten dinner to a lunch (it works out about $30 cheaper).

I may not have made the right decision with all these changes, but I'm not feeling any regrets yet (not the least because I'll save quite a bit of money).

My only slight concern is on the day of MNSSHP. I have lunch booked at Biergarten for 12:30am and I need to be at the Pirates League in MK no later than 3:15 for a 3:30 apt. Am I right to think this should be achievable without any unnecessary rushing? I figure that lunch should be finished by 2, which gives us over an hour to swap parks. Does this reasoning sound logical? Also, what do you think would be the best way of getting between parks - walking through Epcot and catching the two monorails, or walking out to the Beach Club and catching the bus?

I think you made the right decision r.e. T-Rex if you didn't like the noise at Rainforest - T-Rex is even noisier! I think bus would probably be quicker since you're already in World Showcase and so close to Beach Club, plus there's less chance of it breaking down (touch wood)!

I think you made the right decision r.e. T-Rex if you didn't like the noise at Rainforest - T-Rex is even noisier! I think bus would probably be quicker since you're already in World Showcase and so close to Beach Club, plus there's less chance of it breaking down (touch wood)!

Cheers for the feedback ssour :)

At least you know you asked. :thumbsup2

I think you may have made the right decision about shifting your non park day so that you get to maximise the FP+ system; despite the changes in ADRs. At the end of the day, you save money, have assured FP+ booked in and still get to eat at the places you want to eat at.

I'm not a fan of T-Rex. We found it nosier than Rainforest Cafe and I didn't like the food there (as always.....personal opinion).
LTT was one that I did enjoy; but a lot of that was the company I was keeping at the time. I was DisMeeting with a friend there and have very fond memories of the meal and her.

To get from Ep to MK, you already listed the option of monorail or bus. Depending on time, either would work. With the bus option, you are dependent on buses running from BC to MK; but given that it is a MNSSHP night, I would say that there would be a fairly regular service running on that night. But if you were time poor, I would consider catching a taxi.

At least you know you asked. :thumbsup2

I think you may have made the right decision about shifting your non park day so that you get to maximise the FP+ system; despite the changes in ADRs. At the end of the day, you save money, have assured FP+ booked in and still get to eat at the places you want to eat at.

I'm not a fan of T-Rex. We found it nosier than Rainforest Cafe and I didn't like the food there (as always.....personal opinion).
LTT was one that I did enjoy; but a lot of that was the company I was keeping at the time. I was DisMeeting with a friend there and have very fond memories of the meal and her.

To get from Ep to MK, you already listed the option of monorail or bus. Depending on time, either would work. With the bus option, you are dependent on buses running from BC to MK; but given that it is a MNSSHP night, I would say that there would be a fairly regular service running on that night. But if you were time poor, I would consider catching a taxi.

Cheers PIO. I didn't think of a taxi. That would make a great fall back option if we were running out of time.

It's funny about T- Rex. People seem to have either loved it, or disliked it. I fear that I would have fallen into the latter category - hence the cancellation. My son probably would have loved it, but he's getting so spoilt on this holiday, this is one treat he can go without.

The monorail will be the fastest option, you could just miss a bus and be waiting 30+minutes for another one. Jump on the monorail and head for MK. You need to change at TTC but that will be quick, those monorails are constant :) Keep in mind the MK parade runs from 3pm and goes straight down Main St so this might mean you need a little more time to get down into Adventureland.

We prefer T-Rex over Rainforest Cafe. We are adults only and found RC to be very loud. Much more so than RC. We have booked T-Rex for this trip but not RC

The monorail will be the fastest option, you could just miss a bus and be waiting 30+minutes for another one. Jump on the monorail and head for MK. You need to change at TTC but that will be quick, those monorails are constant :) Keep in mind the MK parade runs from 3pm and goes straight down Main St so this might mean you need a little more time to get down into Adventureland.

We prefer T-Rex over Rainforest Cafe. We are adults only and found RC to be very loud. Much more so than RC. We have booked T-Rex for this trip but not RC

Thanks Disney Princess. I didn't think about the parade, but that's definitely something I need to consider.

With one vote now for the bus, one for the monorail, and one for the taxi, I think I'll play it by ear on the day. If time looks like it's going to be at all tight, we'll go the taxi route.

Thanks Disney Princess. I didn't think about the parade, but that's definitely something I need to consider.

With one vote now for the bus, one for the monorail, and one for the taxi, I think I'll play it by ear on the day. If time looks like it's going to be at all tight, we'll go the taxi route.

:thumbsup2 The problem with the bus is that that it may or may not be faster. :lmao: If you just miss a bus, you could be waiting 30 minutes + for the next one. The monorail is at least (when it's running) constantly running. There is a new monorail every 5 minutes :)

If you catch a taxi though, don't ask them to take you to MK. A taxi service cannot take you straight to MK, they will take you to TTC which means you'll still need to catch the monorail or boat. Learned this the hard way one morning :lmao: The best thing to do is ask them to take you to the Contemporary Resort and walk. It's a 5 minute walk - 10 if you're slower or have little kids who are walking.

:thumbsup2 The problem with the bus is that that it may or may not be faster. :lmao: If you just miss a bus, you could be waiting 30 minutes + for the next one. The monorail is at least (when it's running) constantly running. There is a new monorail every 5 minutes :)

If you catch a taxi though, don't ask them to take you to MK. A taxi service cannot take you straight to MK, they will take you to TTC which means you'll still need to catch the monorail or boat. Learned this the hard way one morning :lmao: The best thing to do is ask them to take you to the Contemporary Resort and walk. It's a 5 minute walk - 10 if you're slower or have little kids who are walking.

That's very good to know. Do the resort buses go to MK or the TTC?

It seems like there are possible complications with every option. We might just have to roll the dice and pick on the day.

The other option is to move Biergarten to dinner the following night and have a late lunch somewhere in MK .
The downside to this is that it's more expensive and it limits my F&W Festival snacking to one meal instead of two.

That's very good to know. Do the resort buses go to MK or the TTC?

It seems like there are possible complications with every option. We might just have to roll the dice and pick on the day.

The other option is to move Biergarten to dinner the following night and have a late lunch somewhere in MK .
The downside to this is that it's more expensive and it limits my F&W Festival snacking to one meal instead of two.

Resort buses go to the Magic Kingdom - one of the onsite perks! Everything else goes to the TTC. I would leave it as is, I don't see it being a huge drama either way. Even if you had to wait 30 mins for a bus (which would be the worst luck ever) you should be at the Magic Kingdom in 15-20 mins, so with the walk to Beach Club, you're still within an hour of travel time. Cut through the shops on Main St and then past Crystal Palace into Adventureland and you should miss most of the parade crowd too. I also can't imagine they'll be too fussed if you arrive at Pirates League right up to your appointment time. If it works best for your plans how you have it now stick with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter