Threats from DVC to move the reservation

You can always ask - but if the rooms aren’t available - there’s really nothing that can be done…
Completely agree. But if MS’s argument is that there aren’t 3 sets of 2 bedrooms… then what about 3 Grand Villas…That’s 6 bedrooms for 6 bedrooms….
Quick search and there isn't a single grand villa available at any of the resorts for any week in October. :(

I’d ask for both to be move to RR (or take the 2BR), and consider that a HUGE upgrade!

Does anyone think that the three 2-bedroom villas that the OP booked for that time are the ONLY 2 bedrooms booked for that time? Unless that is the case, I'm having trouble seeing why another family couldn't be moved and the 2 bedroom they will occupy given to the OP's party so that they could stay together. Many guests would consider a move to the RR to be an upgrade (or at least acceptable),

@stuartsong, hope everything works out for you.

Does anyone think that the three 2-bedroom villas that the OP booked for that time are the ONLY 2 bedrooms booked for that time? Unless that is the case, I'm having trouble seeing why another family couldn't be moved and the 2 bedroom they will occupy given to the OP's party so that they could stay together. Many guests would consider a move to the RR to be an upgrade (or at least acceptable),

@stuartsong, hope everything works out for you.
There are no dedicated 2 bedrooms at BW, correct? So the fact that they're all lock-offs means a good chunk for them will be 1 bedroom and studios rented.

Even still...MS could always do a points exchange and get them into something that is non-DVC so they can all stay together. Moving them all to Yacht Club concierge level comes to mind as a good compromise to ease any ruffled feathers. Grand Floridian suites (non DVC), etc.

There are no dedicated 2 bedrooms at BW, correct? So the fact that they're all lock-offs means a good chunk for them will be 1 bedroom and studios rented.
Right, so this was probably done with home BW points, which makes this even more infuriating.

I agree the offer is an upgrade to most (though not OP), but BW's layout is stupid, and this is the natural consequence. There might not be many others in 2BRs.

Right, so this was probably done with home BW points, which makes this even more infuriating.

I agree the offer is an upgrade to most (though not OP), but BW's layout is stupid, and this is the natural consequence. There might not be many others in 2BRs.
So they move two smaller parties - one family booked in a 1B lock off and one booked in a lock off studio. It shouldn't be that hard and IMO, the OP's plan for his entire party to stay in the same resort should be honored. (I know you agree).

For other people who have booked a resort at a time when it is undergoing refurbishment - what happens if you don't answer the phone when the person calls to tell you that you have to move?

For other people who have booked a resort at a time when it is undergoing refurbishment - what happens if you don't answer the phone when the person calls to tell you that you have to move?
Find out at check in I imagine…

Another issue I would have is that I book BW or BC because I want to be able to walk to Epcot or HS if I want. I would not be happy getting moved somewhere that would force me to take the skyliner or more transportation to get to these destinations. I personally would insist on staying in that same area.

One I was moved from BW to BC because they said our room had a leak and there was no other rooms available. They gave us a free night stay on a future stay for this inconvenience. I was ok with this because I was still in the same area what I did not like is I had a room at BW with a Lake View and they gave us a room at BC overlooking a roof. I asked to be moved at BC for a comparable view.

Advise :
Call back.
Be kind to CM, you will get further.
Exp that since you have multi rooms, you really have to stay together .
There is NOT a room for someone. See if they can get someone else.

This happens every week, daily at a resort during a refurbishment.

Depending upon the dates, there’s a major conference (Gartner) that will affect room
availability in at least the Epcot resort area.

A much better way for Disney to handle this would be to do what the airlines do when overbooked, and have guests bid for compensation. They could send an email to everyone who has a reservation at the applicable resort during the affected time and ask if they would move their reservation to a different resort in exchange for a $500 Disney gift card. If no takers, raise the offer to $1000, and so on.

A much better way for Disney to handle this would be to do what the airlines do when overbooked, and have guests bid for compensation. They could send an email to everyone who has a reservation at the applicable resort during the affected time and ask if they would move their reservation to a different resort in exchange for a $500 Disney gift card. If no takers, raise the offer to $1000, and so on.
Remember that DVC members own the property (at least for the term of the contract), and Disney is serving as the property manager, acting in the interests of the owners. Having a nearly 100% occupancy rate means there’s little opportunity to have excess inventory if something goes wrong. It also lowers membership fees because more members means more participants to share fixed costs across.

I would think that if the members demanded it and ponied up the market bey through an increase in member fees, Disney might accommodate.

Remember that DVC members own the property (at least for the term of the contract), and Disney is serving as the property manager, acting in the interests of the owners. Having a nearly 100% occupancy rate means there’s little opportunity to have excess inventory if something goes wrong. It also lowers membership fees because more members means more participants to share fixed costs across.

I would think that if the members demanded it and ponied up the market bey through an increase in member fees, Disney might accommodate.
This isn’t a case of ‘something going wrong.’ It’s the scheduled refurb that happens every 7 years or so. Disney started refurbing the BW over a year ago. They’ve blocked certain views from being booked at specific times. https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/boa...rdwalk-villa-refurbishment-timeline-confirmed
OP made their reservation 9 months ago at the 11+ mark & I question that DVC didn’t ‘know about’ the need to remove X number of villas from inventory until 2 months beforehand. It’s poor planning to schedule the refurb during the highest demand time for the Epcot resorts to begin w/, & even worse planning to not block that inventory from being booked if not at 11 months, then at least at 7 months. It’s 2 months before OP’s trip & DVC is just now figuring out that they can’t accommodate a reservation they’ve known about for 9 months, naw, DVC has known, they’re just now getting around to dealing w/ the consequence of their poor scheduling & trying to shuffle things around during a really high demand time when they don’t have many open options to shuffle their displaced guests to.

Even still...MS could always do a points exchange and get them into something that is non-DVC so they can all stay together. Moving them all to Yacht Club concierge level comes to mind as a good compromise to ease any ruffled feathers. Grand Floridian suites (non DVC), etc.
Yes, why not move them to the non DVC side. They won't have the same amenities, but at least still be close.

I am sure the solution is to move another family from the 1 bedroom and studio that are going to be out of inventory-move them to Riviera. Now that all hinges on if there is only one 2 bedroom lockoff that is going to be OOI.

If someone books BWV or BCV then they probably want an Epcot/HS resort. I like Riviera and would be fine with that exchange. I would not be fine moving to SSR-even in a treehouse villa-they are lovely, but when going to the parks using Disney transport, I like other resorts.

OP, I am sure they will make it right if they have to move you or anyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter