Tiana's Palace opening Sept 7th

What I think they'll do with Tiana's Palace at Disneyland is try to make it like Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World where you can see Cinderella and take pictures with her but with Tiana's Palace they will mostly hand out cards with Tiana's autograph preprinted on them for guests but they should've put Prince Naveen and Louis inside to interact with guests as a character meal. Because as you know character dining is very popular with Disneyland visitors and they should've made a special character meal for Tiana's Palace. I can imagine what the first reviews will be for Tiana's Palace and I hope it gets rave reviews. Is Tiana's Palace gonna offer muffaletta sandwiches too? Because when I first got Tiana's Cookbook I made some muffaletta sandwiches using the recipe in the book and my dad loved them and he usually eats his with a side of potato chips and they are great sandwiches
I’m so glad it’s not a character meal

Having it as counter service makes it accessible and affordable to more people

I’m happy with seeing tiana from the balcony and not wandering amongst the guests

Meh.

I like the addition of cheesy grits as a side dish. Love grits but don't eat seafood.

The beignet sounds good, but I feel like the flavor should change seasonally. Lemon is a strange choice for fall.

Otherwise, the gumbo isn't the type I prefer (I prefer the soupy style they served in bread bowls at Royal Verandah that seems to have disappeared).

Also, why does the half chicken have BBQ sauce on it? That ruins it. Just leave it Cajun spiced and roasted.

And the beef po boy is an odd choice. Who makes a hot stewed beef po boy? Where are the shrimp or fried chicken options? They should have kept the French Dip and then added a shrimp and chicken po boy. I feel like the "birria" trend is spreading to places it doesn't belong now. Gotta use up all that hot stewed beef they have clearly purchased in bulk. 😆

Also kind of disappointed there isn't a salad option anymore. A Cajun chicken or shrimp salad would have been great.
Me too. Pre-covid French market was one of my faves. I loved the hand tossed salads. Last trip of was basically a salad in a box and not good anymore though.

If the menu changes in 6 months I may try it. But nothing appeals at this point.

The menu looks like safe traditional. They could've went further, but everything looks great! I've been watching reviews, and one vlogger (below) reported the 7 greens gumbo to be salty. That was the one I was looking to try the most, but I can't take overly salty food.

I'm going to try and see if I can go next week, I'm excited to at least try the red beans and rice!

Just a PSA. If you can, order from the restaurant and avoid mobile order. By all accounts they looked like completely different meals. The mobile orders are packaged in to go containers. We ordered the beignets, gumbo, muffaletta, cornbread and Mac n cheese. The difference was stark. The beignets were old and soggy. They had the grocery store donut vibe like they had been sitting in their to go container all day. While the ones from the walkup were fresh and pillowy. The mac and cheese was inedible. It was old and dry. While the walkup was hot, gooey and fresh. The muffaletta and gumbo seemed fine with the major difference being the portion size. The walkup gumbo seemed to have more of everything. The cornbread was the best part of of the meal.

Just a FYI. Hopefully everyone has a better meal than we had. It was nothing short of slop. If you do mobile order check your order at that window. They forgot our cornbread and beignets. Seemed to be a problem as there were a few people complaining of the same issues at the mobile order window.

Last edited:
I went tonight and stood in line. It looks long, but moved fairly quickly considering. Tried the house gumbo which was very flavorful (and surprisingly spicy) and delicious. Also had the cornbread and enjoyed it a lot.

I do agree that if you want decent presentation, do not mobile order. That said mobile order may be hit or miss. The table next to mine had mobile orders and was asking them about some of their items that were different than mine and they were all happy with what they got. (Maybe when things level out and the newness wears off, they’ll become more consistent at the mobile window. Let’s hope so anyway!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter