Tiana's Palace opening Sept 7th

I didn't say keep the menu the same, but that French Dip was very good when it first debuted and was a popular item. And there is nowhere else on property right now where you can get one (Steakhouse 55 Lounge used to have the very best one ever). I can get stewed beef in a "salty liquid" in 3 other places in between the 2 parks. The beef in the birria tacos and grilled cheese is NOT Mexican flavored at all. The consomme dipping broth IS, but the beef on it's own has no discernable flavor. It's pretty plain. It's all the same beef.

I'm not sure why you think it's for sure gonna be te same meat as the birria when there is absolutely zero indication that it is. To me, the birria does have a distinct flavor, but tastebuds are different. 🤷‍♀️

Either way, a beef po-boy does fit the theme. This isn't them just going birria mad. (I think I ate at least two beef po-boys that look just like that when I was in New Orleans and I was only there 4 days. LOL.)

I've heard something about a french dip at Carnation Cafe, but it's not actually on the menu, so they may just be testing it out there.

I didn't say keep the menu the same, but that French Dip was very good when it first debuted and was a popular item. And there is nowhere else on property right now where you can get one (Steakhouse 55 Lounge used to have the very best one ever). I can get stewed beef in a "salty liquid" in 3 other places in between the 2 parks. The beef in the birria tacos and grilled cheese is NOT Mexican flavored at all. The consomme dipping broth IS, but the beef on it's own has no discernable flavor. It's pretty plain. It's all the same beef.
Yep. You are right DL is streamlining ingredients....beef...rice is now everywhere and lemon ugh!! I like lemon but they are other flavors (besides chocolate too)

The mufaletta sounds good, but I am wondering if they will let people swap out sides. I'd rather have coleslaw (or something lighter) to pair, rather than red beans and rice. Doesn't seem to go with a sandwich well.

Tomorrowland Terrace is going to be serving the french dip as one of their options for the Halloween season.

The mufaletta sounds good, but I am wondering if they will let people swap out sides. I'd rather have coleslaw (or something lighter) to pair, rather than red beans and rice. Doesn't seem to go with a sandwich well.
Agreed it needs chips and cole slaw not rice and beans...bad side choices for mufaletta,

I'm not sure why you think it's for sure gonna be te same meat as the birria when there is absolutely zero indication that it is. To me, the birria does have a distinct flavor, but tastebuds are different. 🤷‍♀️

Either way, a beef po-boy does fit the theme. This isn't them just going birria mad. (I think I ate at least two beef po-boys that look just like that when I was in New Orleans and I was only there 4 days. LOL.)

I've heard something about a french dip at Carnation Cafe, but it's not actually on the menu, so they may just be testing it out there.

Fair enough. I will hold my criticism until I try the po boy. I love a beef sandwich, so I'll try it regardless. But as a frequent visitor, the lack of variety is starting to become an issue.

The Louisiana locals on IG are being VERY vocal about how those images absolutely do NOT show "gumbo" though. Pretty funny, actually. And I know there are 2 different styles of gumbo, but what Disney shows is neither type.

Fair enough. I will hold my criticism until I try the po boy. I love a beef sandwich, so I'll try it regardless. But as a frequent visitor, the lack of variety is starting to become an issue.

The Louisiana locals on IG are being VERY vocal about how those images absolutely do NOT show "gumbo" though. Pretty funny, actually. And I know there are 2 different styles of gumbo, but what Disney shows is neither type.
Agreed that is not "gumbo" that is Disney gumbo. Been to NO and had the varietty of gumbos neither is offered at Tiana's.

As to variety, DL NEEDS TO up its game.

Will there also be chances for guests to meet Princess Tiana Prince Naveen and the other characters from The Princess And The Frog at Tiana's Palace when it opens September 7th? It looks like the menu is taken straight from the Tiana's Cookbook Recipes For Kids that was written by Cindy Littlefield that they are designing the menu for Tiana's Palace. Also where is the Eggs In A Nest? That's a wonderful southern breakfast that should've been on the menu

Will there also be chances for guests to meet Princess Tiana Prince Naveen and the other characters from The Princess And The Frog at Tiana's Palace when it opens September 7th? It looks like the menu is taken straight from the Tiana's Cookbook Recipes For Kids that was written by Cindy Littlefield that they are designing the menu for Tiana's Palace. Also where is the Eggs In A Nest? That's a wonderful southern breakfast that should've been on the menu
Tiana will be "meeting" guests from her balcony, no news on any other Characters that I have seen.

I am glad to see the muffaletta on the menu and glad they are using the correct bread on it! Hope that lasts.

I do wonder why they don't just have something like house made potato chips to serve with it though. Rice and beans is a SUPER strange side for a sandwich that large. That would be way too heavy of a meal. Coleslaw would also make more sense.

I just noticed the drum set in the Twitter repostings that mentions a band called "Firefly Five Plus Lou." A fun nostalgic nod to Ward Kimball's old Firehouse Five Plus Two band.

(I don't know whether that's a reference from the movie or is new for the restaurant.)

It's from the movie! At the very end, Louis the alligator has a band in Tiana's restaurant called Firefly Five Plus Lou. So it's an homage to the Firehouse Five Plus Two that is also in the movie. And now it's in the restaurant, which I love. A nice throwback to Disney history and the movie itself.

Last edited:
Is there also gonna be an interactive dance party in Tiana's Palace too when it opens as well? Because at the end of The Princess And The Frog they have the characters dancing while the band plays. Also will Tiana herself be giving autographs to guests? Because Wendlle mentioned that Tiana will be seen from the balcony of Tiana's Palace. This restaurant sounds very exciting since I am a giant Tiana fan and it is great that Tiana's Palace will actually come to life in Disneyland. I can bet they will add a character breakfast and a breakfast menu in the future

Is there also gonna be an interactive dance party in Tiana's Palace too when it opens as well? Because at the end of The Princess And The Frog they have the characters dancing while the band plays. Also will Tiana herself be giving autographs to guests? Because Wendlle mentioned that Tiana will be seen from the balcony of Tiana's Palace. This restaurant sounds very exciting since I am a giant Tiana fan and it is great that Tiana's Palace will actually come to life in Disneyland. I can bet they will add a character breakfast and a breakfast menu in the future
As far as I am aware, from everything I have read. Tiana will only be "greeting" guests from the balcony, not actually coming down for photos with people and autographs. More talking from the balcony above, waving etc.

I don't think they will have a full on meet and greet at a counter service restaurant.

What I think they'll do with Tiana's Palace at Disneyland is try to make it like Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World where you can see Cinderella and take pictures with her but with Tiana's Palace they will mostly hand out cards with Tiana's autograph preprinted on them for guests but they should've put Prince Naveen and Louis inside to interact with guests as a character meal. Because as you know character dining is very popular with Disneyland visitors and they should've made a special character meal for Tiana's Palace. I can imagine what the first reviews will be for Tiana's Palace and I hope it gets rave reviews. Is Tiana's Palace gonna offer muffaletta sandwiches too? Because when I first got Tiana's Cookbook I made some muffaletta sandwiches using the recipe in the book and my dad loved them and he usually eats his with a side of potato chips and they are great sandwiches

What I think they'll do with Tiana's Palace at Disneyland is try to make it like Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World where you can see Cinderella and take pictures with her but with Tiana's Palace they will mostly hand out cards with Tiana's autograph preprinted on them for guests but they should've put Prince Naveen and Louis inside to interact with guests as a character meal. Because as you know character dining is very popular with Disneyland visitors and they should've made a special character meal for Tiana's Palace. I can imagine what the first reviews will be for Tiana's Palace and I hope it gets rave reviews. Is Tiana's Palace gonna offer muffaletta sandwiches too? Because when I first got Tiana's Cookbook I made some muffaletta sandwiches using the recipe in the book and my dad loved them and he usually eats his with a side of potato chips and they are great sandwiches

It is confirmed that this is going to be counter service, not table dining. I have never seen a character meal at counter service place. Buffet at max. It doesn't make any sense to have character meets at a counter service place for various reasons. This is not going to happen, as much as I wish you were correct. I am frankly surprised we seem to get the other interaction.

The menu has been mentioned in some posts, including the sandwiches you are asking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter