If they can be upgraded (they likely can be,) you would not save (or lose) any money in the upgrade,
as those tickets were purchased directly from Disney.
(Tickets purchased directly from Disney are not "price bridged.")
So, you'd end up paying the same amount (in total) as if you had purchased a regular full-price 4 day hopper from the start.
Got it - thank you for the reply!

I bought and linked discounted tickets to MDE yesterday. Looking at my account today shows they will credit me yesterdays DW website price to add a day to my ticket, not current price. So yesterday was $10 before tax to add a day and today with the price increase it is $108. Yikes. Is this a case where I need to use the ticket at a park first then go to guest relations to upgrade or is Disney tracking ticket purchases better these days with MDE?

I bought and linked discounted tickets to MDE yesterday. Looking at my account today shows they will credit me yesterdays DW website price to add a day to my ticket, not current price. So yesterday was $10 before tax to add a day and today with the price increase it is $108. Yikes. Is this a case where I need to use the ticket at a park first then go to guest relations to upgrade or is Disney tracking ticket purchases better these days with MDE?
Using a ticket (or not) before upgrading does not affect the price or abilty to upgrade.

Hi all! I have the situation many have encountered before - your annual pass expires in the middle of the trip preventing you from making fastpasses for all the days of your trip on the same days as the rest of your party (in this case, on site 60 days prior). Previously and as recently as for a February 2019 trip I was able to call and speak with someone who could renew the pass early (another family members pass at that time). This weekend when I called they spent well over an hour (including a call back) and said something new with the system wouldn't allow that. Since ticket prices are going to continue to go up, up, up - could I just buy a new nonactivated annual pass that I could use sometime in the future to make my fastpasses at 60 days prior to my trip and then renew my annual pass at the 60 day before expiration mark?

Thoughts? (Robo - of-course you know I'm hedging toward your unwavering expertise)

Using a ticket (or not) before upgrading does not affect the price or abilty to upgrade.

Was there ever a time that it did? I recall a few years ago being advised to use my MYW tickets before upgrading to an AP. I guess I won't be so quick to link my tickets to MDE next time. lol. Had I waited a day they would have had a higher value towards an AP assuming Discount tickets can still be upgraded at current DW webstite pricing.

Was there ever a time that it did? I recall a few years ago being advised to use my MYW tickets before upgrading to an AP. I guess I won't be so quick to link my tickets to MDE next time. lol. Had I waited a day they would have had a higher value towards an AP assuming Discount tickets can still be upgraded at current DW webstite pricing.
AFAIK, when you decide to link a ticket doesn’t affect it’s upgrade cost. Only the date on which a ticket was originally minted (created, printed) by Disney will determine its place in upgrade status.

Hello. I hope someone can help. I looked through this thread but Im just not sure of the answer. If I buy a 9 day date based ticket today from UT, what credit will be given for an upgrade to AP in July? The price I paid UT, Disney’s price the day the ticket was printed, or Disney’s price the day I upgrade? Thank you

Hi all! I have the situation many have encountered before - your annual pass expires in the middle of the trip preventing you from making fastpasses for all the days of your trip on the same days as the rest of your party (in this case, on site 60 days prior). Previously and as recently as for a February 2019 trip I was able to call and speak with someone who could renew the pass early (another family members pass at that time). This weekend when I called they spent well over an hour (including a call back) and said something new with the system wouldn't allow that. Since ticket prices are going to continue to go up, up, up - could I just buy a new nonactivated annual pass that I could use sometime in the future to make my fastpasses at 60 days prior to my trip and then renew my annual pass at the 60 day before expiration mark?

Thoughts? (Robo - of-course you know I'm hedging toward your unwavering expertise)
Call again.

Is it still possible to call to check how many remaining park entitlements are on one of the old non-expiring tickets? Or is email the only way?

Checked MDE for the first time in a while, and my two unused+expired 7-day Park Hopper Plusses are not listed. Is this normal?

They expired sometime in January 2019, if i recall correctly. I know they'd have to be upgraded to today's prices to be used, but I was expecting to see them on the account still at least.

The mobile app shows the Main Entrance Pass of my CM friend and his spouse, and the 6 day PH and MNSSHP tickets of my brother and his fiancee for later this year.

The desktop site shows no tickets at all.

Hello. I hope someone can help. I looked through this thread but Im just not sure of the answer. If I buy a 9 day date based ticket today from UT, what credit will be given for an upgrade to AP in July? The price I paid UT, Disney’s price the day the ticket was printed, or Disney’s price the day I upgrade? Thank you

Same circumstances for me. Bought a 9 day flex ticket to upgrade to an AP in July. Robo has stated the value will be based on when the ticket was minted and not the current price in July. What I see in MDE when I go to the change ticket option does support what Robo is saying.

Checked MDE for the first time in a while, and my two unused+expired 7-day Park Hopper Plusses are not listed. Is this normal?

They expired sometime in January 2019, if i recall correctly. I know they'd have to be upgraded to today's prices to be used, but I was expecting to see them on the account still at least.

The mobile app shows the Main Entrance Pass of my CM friend and his spouse, and the 6 day PH and MNSSHP tickets of my brother and his fiancee for later this year.

The desktop site shows no tickets at all.

These kind of glitches (as well as dozens more) are very common on MyDisneyExperience.
Just keep checking.

If things don't clear up, call WDW I.T.

Last edited:
Disney’s price the day the ticket was printed.

Sorry if this was already answered but I couldn't find it. If I purchase an AP pass for my family online, how does it work to book Fastpasses before arrival? I know the AP isn't activated until I show up at the gate so I am confused on how I would be able to pre-book those FPs. Thank you

Sorry if this was already answered but I couldn't find it. If I purchase an AP pass for my family online, how does it work to book Fastpasses before arrival? I know the AP isn't activated until I show up at the gate so I am confused on how I would be able to pre-book those FPs. Thank you
Unactivated APs that are put into your MDX account can book FPs in advance... just as if they were activated.

Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly....we have some 7 day Canadian resident tickets that are non-expiring. We bought them in 2017 I believe and have gone twice since then, but we bought new tickets each time because we wanted to go for 8 days and it was a huge expense to add that extra day (we would have had to pay the price between what we paid for the tickets in 2017 and what they cost at the time of upgrade) so we figured we would just save those tickets for whenever we want to go for 7 days since they never expire. 2 of those non-expiring tickets are children's tickets and my DD will be turning 10 in 2020. I was under the impression that she could still use the child's ticket after age 10 since they were bought when she was still a child....but now that I'm reading the Ticket Sticky more carefully, I realize that was for a partially used ticket, not an unused ticket. Is that correct? So if we go after she's 10, we will have to pay the difference between what we paid in 2017 for a child's ticket and what the current cost of an adult ticket is?? I'm guessing this will be a huge amount!!!

Hi Robo... long-time listener, first time caller. :goodvibes

I've read the sticky and just employed your technique for transferring an unused ticket over to a fake profile -- appreciate that tip!

I'm about to purchase 2 "value" e-tickets from UT for an upcoming trip. Unfortunately, we're not sure our plans are going to happen as they're currently set up as I'm a caretaker for someone who is chronically ill. If we need to postpone our plans, would the value for these tickets be applicable to a new value ticket? Also, since you mentioned it's the price paid to Disney from the discounter when the ticket was minted, is there any way to find out (should we have to postpone) what those applicable funds would be by calling Disney? Thanks for all you do.

What is the best way to buy a gold pass? Also if you buy tables in wonderland when is it activated? Thanks

Buying tickets from undercover tonight.....mailed not E-ticket. Can the start date of the tickets be changed after purchase if we decide to go in 2020 instead of 2019. Also, I am purchasing 7 day tickets for August 22. Can I use these 7 days anytime in between Aug 22-31 even though I didn’t buy direct from Disney. We are staying on-site and will link them to MDE.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter