I bought and linked discounted tickets to MDE yesterday. Looking at my account today shows they will credit me yesterdays DW website price to add a day to my ticket, not current price. So yesterday was $10 before tax to add a day and today with the price increase it is $108. Yikes. Is this a case where I need to use the ticket at a park first then go to guest relations to upgrade or is Disney tracking ticket purchases better these days with MDE?

So adding a day to a multi-day ticket purchased yesterday will now cost over $100???

So yesterday was $10 before tax to add a day and today with the price increase it is $108.

Bought a 9 day flex ticket

Did you buy a ticket with the “flexible dates” option or a regular dated ticket? I suspect it is that “flex” option causing the big increase. I believe that option essentially prices your ticket at the current max - and I wouldn’t be surprised if the price of a peak-holiday 10-day ticket skyrocketed, especially if it’s a hopper/hopper+.

Hi Robo...
1. long-time listener, first time caller. :goodvibes

I've read the sticky and just employed your technique for transferring an unused ticket over to a fake profile -- appreciate that tip!

I'm about to purchase 2 "value" e-tickets from UT for an upcoming trip. Unfortunately, we're not sure our plans are going to happen as they're currently set up as I'm a caretaker for someone who is chronically ill.
If we need to postpone our plans,
2. would the value for these tickets be applicable to a new value ticket? Also,
3. since you mentioned it's the price paid to Disney from the discounter when the ticket was minted,
4. is there any way to find out (should we have to postpone) what those applicable funds would be by calling Disney? Thanks for all you do.
1. Hah!
2. Yes.
3. No, that's not what I was trying to say.
The value when upgrading a discounted ticket is the PUBLISHED ON-LINE DISNEY VALUE
(what the ticket would cost if you bought it on-line directly from Disney) for that same kind of ticket
on the date that the discounter's ticket was minted (printed) by Disney.
4. I will try to keep links in post #6 of this thread to the published on-line Disney value of tickets
related to the dates when thickets were minted.

So adding a day to a multi-day ticket purchased yesterday will now cost over $100???

Did you buy a ticket with the “flexible dates” option or a regular dated ticket? I suspect it is that “flex” option causing the big increase. I believe that option essentially prices your ticket at the current max - and I wouldn’t be surprised if the price of a peak-holiday 10-day ticket skyrocketed, especially if it’s a hopper/hopper+.

Sorry for the confusion. I purchased a 9 day park hopper with flexible dates from UT. The Disney website price was $623.xx on 3/11/2019. To upgrade it to a 10 day was $10.65. After today’s increase it is $115.02 to add the 10th day. So around $738 for that 10 day hopper with the flex option. I will be upgrading it to a Gold AP in July so I’m ok with the 623 credit.

It’s the “flex” option causing that increase. I did some spot checks and “flexible dates” appears to have increased considerably! Simply adding a 10th day should still only be around $10.

Unactivated APs that are put into your MDX account can book FPs in advance... just as if they were activated.

My current AP is good until I think July 30, but will need a new one starting November 23. So then if I buy today and then activate my Ticket Nov 23, they won’t go up in price then, correct?

My current AP is good until I think July 30, but will need a new one starting November 23. So then if I buy today and then activate my Ticket Nov 23, they won’t go up in price then, correct?

Correct.

Current information:
A purchased AP certificate will remain valid and ready for activation until the year 2030.

Buying tickets from undercover tonight.....mailed not E-ticket.
1. Can the start date of the tickets be changed after purchase if we decide to go in 2020 instead of 2019.
Also, I am purchasing 7 day tickets for August 22.
2. Can I use these 7 days anytime in between Aug 22-31 even though I didn’t buy direct from Disney.
1. That depends on the kind of ticket and the price of tickets on the start-date you move it to.
I don't know, but it may be that certain current UT will expire at the end of 2019.
If a new never-used ticket does expire, you can use its value toward buying a NEW ticket at the time of your future trip.
How much value that ticket will have in trade depends on its full published Disney value at the time UT purchased it from Disney.
2. Yes. A 7-Day Ticket can be used on any 7 days within a 10 day period, beginning on the start date of that ticket.

1. What is the best way to buy a gold pass?
2. Also if you buy tables in wonderland when is it activated? Thanks
1. Buy directly from Disney.
-Or- buy a discounted ticket from an authorized WDW ticket seller and upgrade that ticket to AP.
2. Starts the day you buy it, AFAIK.
Guests buy it from Guest Relations while at WDW, so buy it on the day you want
to start using it.

Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly....we have some 7 day Canadian resident tickets that are non-expiring. We bought them in 2017 I believe and have gone twice since then, but we bought new tickets each time because we wanted to go for 8 days and it was a huge expense to add that extra day (we would have had to pay the price between what we paid for the tickets in 2017 and what they cost at the time of upgrade) so we figured we would just save those tickets for whenever we want to go for 7 days since they never expire.

2 of those non-expiring tickets are children's tickets and my DD will be turning 10 in 2020.

I was under the impression that she could still use the child's ticket after age 10 since they were bought when she was still a child....but now that I'm reading the Ticket Sticky more carefully,
1. I realize that was for a partially used ticket, not an unused ticket.
2. Is that correct?
3. So if we go after she's 10, we will have to pay the difference between what we paid in 2017 for a child's ticket and what the current cost of an adult ticket is??
4. I'm guessing this will be a huge amount!!!
1. That is correct.
2. Correct.
3. In this kind of situation, it is always a good plan to "ask nicely" for what you would like to do.
4. Just explain your circumstances and (again) "ask nicely."
(Disney can sometimes be very accommodating.)

I'm pretty sure this is a no-go, but I want to ask just to be 100% sure. Our APs expire this Fall. If we were to renew--are we able to get an annual pass voucher that can be used in the next few years? Or does the clock start ticking from our original dates? I'm pretty sure it's the latter due to this statement: "There is a renewal price discount and the original AP's Anniversary calendar date will not change." Just double checking!! TIA

I'm pretty sure this is a no-go, but I want to ask just to be 100% sure. Our APs expire this Fall. If we were to renew--are we able to get an annual pass voucher that can be used in the next few years? Or does the clock start ticking from our original dates? I'm pretty sure it's the latter due to this statement: "There is a renewal price discount and the original AP's Anniversary calendar date will not change." Just double checking!! TIA

A "renewal" is a continuation of the current AP, but with one year added to the current expiration date.

You can buy a brand new full-price AP voucher to hold until a future date.

1. Buy directly from Disney.
-Or- buy a discounted ticket from an authorized WDW ticket seller and upgrade that ticket to AP.
2. Starts the day you buy it, AFAIK.
Guests buy it from Guest Relations while at WDW, so buy it on the day you want
to start using it.
thanks for the info

Is it still possible to call to check how many remaining park entitlements are on one of the old non-expiring tickets? Or is email the only way?
You can always try.
-or-
If the tickets are in your MDX account, you can try making "test FPs" and see how many days worth of FP can be booked.

1. That is correct.
2. Correct.
3. In this kind of situation, it is always a good plan to "ask nicely" for what you would like to do.
4. Just explain your circumstances and (again) "ask nicely."
(Disney can sometimes be very accommodating.)
Thanks Robo!!!

Going back to whether to use your ticket first to get a better price, my son bought a UT ticket in February before the ticket increase for 2018. He went to EPCOT in June 2018, entered the park and came back out to the ticket center and converted to an annual pass and was given credit for the ticket price as of that day not the undiscounted price when purchased from UT. Maybe it was a generous employee working at the ticket booth.

Hi all. This looks like the place for all upgrading ticket questions. Great info here already, so thank you all for that!

I'm going late Jan 2020, and so far specific dated tickets are not on sale for my dates. I usually buy my tickets from Undercover Tourist, but I'm looking into a Gold Annual Pass (DVC here) as well, so I'm curious about ticket bridging.

Has anyone bought tickets from UT since the pricing structure changes last fall and upgraded to an Annual Pass through the MDE app? Since I won't be on-site until next January, I won't be able to upgrade in person. Should I risk buying the 6-day Park Hopper tickets now and see if I can upgrade through the app before use? Or should I just buy the Gold Annual Pass now?

Thanks!
Glenn

Hi all. This looks like the place for all upgrading ticket questions. Great info here already, so thank you all for that!

I'm going late Jan 2020, and so far specific dated tickets are not on sale for my dates. I usually buy my tickets from Undercover Tourist, but I'm looking into a Gold Annual Pass (DVC here) as well, so I'm curious about ticket bridging.

Has anyone bought tickets from UT since the pricing structure changes last fall and upgraded to an Annual Pass through the MDE app? Since I won't be on-site until next January, I won't be able to upgrade in person. Should I risk buying the 6-day Park Hopper tickets now and see if I can upgrade through the app before use? Or should I just buy the Gold Annual Pass now?

Thanks!
Glenn

Reports have been that the option to upgrade discounted tickets to AP has not been possible except when the guest has arrived at WDW.
The (very glitchy) app and website rules can be in constant change, so anything may be possible (or not.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter