Do ticket prices thru say Parksavers or UT or thru the Mousesavers special pricing links change often (ie do "deals" come & go a lot)?? Like the 4-day + 2 free tix for example?? I'm getting so confused on how to know how much anything should cost if we do an upgrade later.

If my sons friend comes with us and buys a non-hopper tix on his own say thru the Mousesavers link and we want to upgrade it to a hopper FOR HIM once we get there how do I know how much it would cost us at the time? I mean we stop by a Guest Relations desk and just say we want to upgrade this base tix to a hopper, right? I can't do it until we get there, correct? But say he gets a tix via a Mousesavers deal that is a 4-day with 2 extra for a total of 6 days for the Mousesavers special of $390.85 (todays current price on it). A 6-day hopper gate price with tax is $495.23. So how do I know how much we would pay to upgrade it? Is there a savings somewhere or do we have to pay the full $104.38 difference between the gate price and the $390.85 special? If he were to buy a 6-day hopper directly thru the Mousesavers link it would only be $65 more than buying the 4-day + 2 basic. I'm sorry. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around how this would work and the best way to save both of us the most money. It seems like the best savings is for him to just buy the hopper from the get-go but he's on a college kid budget so is not inclined to buy the more expensive tix. We all have AP's so hate to have him not able to park hop...

(Also, can I just forward my Mousesavers monthly newsletter to him so he can use their link to purchase or does he need to sign up for their newsletters too for the link to work??) TIA.

Thanks AngiTN!
Is it that I can only apply the value/cost (whatever) of 1 (not 2) MYW ticket to the cost of 1 AP? (And then could apply the other ticket to the cost of the AP renewal a year later?)
Correct, you can only use 1 ticket towards 1 AP, 1 for 1.
The renewal later, I wish I knew. I've been told twice now that they are not doing this, I've gotten 2 1 time exceptions (1 for me and DH's renewal and 1 for DGD's renewal)

Do ticket prices thru say Parksavers or UT or thru the Mousesavers special pricing links change often (ie do "deals" come & go a lot)?? Like the 4-day + 2 free tix for example?? I'm getting so confused on how to know how much anything should cost if we do an upgrade later.

If my sons friend comes with us and buys a non-hopper tix on his own say thru the Mousesavers link and we want to upgrade it to a hopper FOR HIM once we get there how do I know how much it would cost us at the time? I mean we stop by a Guest Relations desk and just say we want to upgrade this base tix to a hopper, right? I can't do it until we get there, correct? But say he gets a tix via a Mousesavers deal that is a 4-day with 2 extra for a total of 6 days for the Mousesavers special of $390.85 (todays current price on it). A 6-day hopper gate price with tax is $495.23. So how do I know how much we would pay to upgrade it? Is there a savings somewhere or do we have to pay the full $104.38 difference between the gate price and the $390.85 special? If he were to buy a 6-day hopper directly thru the Mousesavers link it would only be $65 more than buying the 4-day + 2 basic. I'm sorry. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around how this would work and the best way to save both of us the most money. It seems like the best savings is for him to just buy the hopper from the get-go but he's on a college kid budget so is not inclined to buy the more expensive tix. We all have AP's so hate to have him not able to park hop...

(Also, can I just forward my Mousesavers monthly newsletter to him so he can use their link to purchase or does he need to sign up for their newsletters too for the link to work??) TIA.
Someone smarter will answer the specifics I'm sure, but I just wanted to say - and YMMV - that if you are only going to save $30 or so total (i.e., not buying 6 tickets and upgrading all of them), just buy the ticket you want from UT/etc. Going to GS during vacation can be a hassle in my experience (not always, but the few times its taken 30+ minutes = not worth it to me). We spent over an hour there once (for a ticket problem we didn't cause/request).

Last edited:

Deals don't change very often.

Mousesavers is only a very tiny extra discount, regardless.

If you buy a discounted current ticket, to determine the upgrade price... you will just pay the difference between the current cost of the ticket that you HAVE and the current cost of the ticket that you WANT.

Last edited:
I apologize if this has been asked. I booked our vacation through a TA. As part of our vacation package, we got discounted tickets. it sounds like they are convention tickets. I am thinking about upgrading to an annual pass when we get there - as a backstory, my mom is paying for the trip so that's why we booked tickets too, instead of outright buying the annual pass. At first, the TA said they were not upgradeable, and then he came back and said he spoke with Disney and could upgrade but had to be in person.

My only question: should I be able to upgrade these tickets? It doesn't sound like they are the special convention tickets (after 5 or after 3) but the ones that come with a single water park day.

I apologize if this has been asked. I booked our vacation through a TA. As part of our vacation package, we got discounted tickets. it sounds like they are convention tickets. I am thinking about upgrading to an annual pass when we get there - as a backstory, my mom is paying for the trip so that's why we booked tickets too, instead of outright buying the annual pass. At first, the TA said they were not upgradeable, and then he came back and said he spoke with Disney and could upgrade but had to be in person.

My only question:
1. should I be able to upgrade these tickets? It doesn't sound like they are the special convention tickets (after 5 or after 3) 2. but the ones that come with a single water park day.

1. Maybe.
2. Maybe.
What I'd do right now is cancel the convention tickets.
They are not needed to keep the room.
Then, order regular tickets (any length) that fit
your mom's budget.
THOSE we know 100% are upgradable.

1. Maybe.
2. Maybe.
What I'd do right now is cancel the convention tickets.
They are not needed to keep the room.
Then, order regular tickets (any length) that fit
your mom's budget.
THOSE we know 100% are upgradable.
thanks. that's what I was afraid of. now to convince my mom...or i just don't get an annual pass

Deals don't change very often.

Mousesavers is only a very tiny extra discount, regardless.

If you buy a discounted current ticket, to determine the upgrade price... you will just pay the difference between the current cost of the ticket that you HAVE and the current cost of the ticket that you WANT.

Thanks. So basically there's no real benefit of buying a discounted tix anywhere if you plan to upgrade it at the park? They will know what we paid and we'll have to pay the whole difference (as opposed to paying the difference between the gate price of the old tix and the gate price of the new tix).

Someone smarter will answer the specifics I'm sure, but I just wanted to say - and YMMV - that if you are only going to save $30 or so total (i.e., not buying 6 tickets and upgrading all of them), just buy the ticket you want from UT/etc. Going to GS during vacation can be a hassle in my experience (not always, but the few times its taken 30+ minutes = not worth it to me). We spent over an hour there once (for a ticket problem we didn't cause/request).

We find we have pretty good luck if we go into the Town Hall inside of MK. There are more CM's working in there. I am just trying to help out my sons friend who doesn't have the money to buy a hopper. I can certainly spare 30 minutes out of my day to do this for him.

1. So basically there's no real benefit of buying a discounted tix anywhere if you plan to upgrade it at the park?
2. They will know what we paid and we'll have to pay the whole difference

3. (as opposed to paying the difference between the gate price of the old tix and the gate price of the new tix).

1. That was not what I meant.

If you buy a discounted current ticket, to determine the upgrade price...
you will just pay the difference between the current WDW GATE price of the same kind of ticket that you HAVE
and the current WDW GATE price of the ticket that you WANT.

2. Nope. It doesn't matter at all what you PAID for the discounted ticket.
(In fact, Disney has no idea of what YOU paid for the discounted ticket.)

Hi all,

Before the price increase we grabbed no-expiration 7day base tickets from UT. We had no immediate plans to go but figured we'd get to use them sometime. (I had no idea about bridging or any of that, I was just trying to lock in a lower price for future use.) Now we'll be able to go 2x within the next year and want to do APs. But I've been reading everything here and it looks like upgrading/bridging/etc. is a nightmare - there's no way to know what value the CM will assign your tickets at trade in.

1) Has anyone gotten a better deal after hearing "your discounted UT ticket is worth $411, don't care what you paid."
2) Does it make more sense to just hold onto these for some year when we'll only go once and just pay full AP for this year?
2a) Seems like if I'll only get the old value at upgrade, doesn't make much sense to upgrade. Am I not getting it?

Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge!

Hi all,

Before the price increase we grabbed no-expiration 7day base tickets from UT. We had no immediate plans to go but figured we'd get to use them sometime. (I had no idea about bridging or any of that, I was just trying to lock in a lower price for future use.) Now we'll be able to go 2x within the next year and want to do APs. But I've been reading everything here and it looks like upgrading/bridging/etc. is a nightmare - there's no way to know what value the CM will assign your tickets at trade in.

1) Has anyone gotten a better deal after hearing "your discounted UT ticket is worth $411, don't care what you paid."
2) Does it make more sense to just hold onto these for some year when we'll only go once and just pay full AP for this year?
2a) Seems like if I'll only get the old value at upgrade, doesn't make much sense to upgrade. Am I not getting it?

We have pre increase ticket as well and still plan to upgrade even after reading what a pain it is. I don't have full APs in my trip budget this year and I already paid $1100 for 6 day hoppers, so I am prepared for $411 and hoping for the true value. Memory Maker x 2 plus the discounts make it worth it to me. $411 is more than I paid for each ticket, so it's an upgrade either way. Obviously the true value would be sweet, but I'm doing it either way. We return in September next year for sure, so it's the best choice.

Hi all,

1) There have been reports of getting the current gate value in some upgrade cases.
2) I don't know if I'd say "more sense," but that's a choice you can make.
3) You will be getting the GATE value (likely pre- Feb. 12) for tickets for which you paid LESS than gate value, originally.

We have pre increase ticket as well and still plan to upgrade even after reading what a pain it is. I don't have full APs in my trip budget this year and I already paid $1100 for 6 day hoppers, so I am prepared for $411 and hoping for the true value. Memory Maker x 2 plus the discounts make it worth it to me. $411 is more than I paid for each ticket, so it's an upgrade either way. Obviously the true value would be sweet, but I'm doing it either way. We return in September next year for sure, so it's the best choice.

I'd like to discuss this further, but I don't know where $1100 comes in for 6-day Hoppers.
This is why I like to only discuss the cost/upgrade for one ticket at a time. (Then, you can multiply for additional tickets.)

IMO, $411 is not a number I'd ever accept from a CM for the "value" of a (Pre-Feb 12) 6-day Hopper at upgrade time.
The minimum number should be $451.56.

I'd like to discuss this further, but I don't know where $1100 comes in for 6-day Hoppers.
This is why I like to only discuss the cost/upgrade for one ticket at a time. (Then, you can multiply for additional tickets.)

IMO, $411 is not a number I'd ever accept from a CM for the "value" of a (Pre-Feb 12) 6-day Hopper at upgrade time.
The minimum number should be $451.56.

I believe it was $1176, but I don't have the ability to look up the email right now. 2 adults and 1 child purchased in February 2016.

I'm going to try my best to get the figure you say. I just don't want to get angry or waste hours on it.

ETA: Found it: 6-Day Park Hopper® - ADULT ($398.95) and 6-Day Park Hopper® - CHILD ($377.95)

Last edited:
I have a quick question about Annual Passes: Has anyone ever seen Disney open up days that were Block Out Days? Like for instance, 8/11 is the day block out days end. Have they ever opened it a day or two early? (Like due to low attendance or something)

Conference ticket question - I can buy discount tickets as part of a conference that is coming up. We're also considering going back to Disney this fall. Is there any reason why I couldn't buy the discount tickets with the conference and then use them months later? There's no expiry listed on the conference purchase page.

I currently have a silver fl resident pass bought with the payment plan just purchased in March i want to upgrade to gold I was told I just have to pay the difference and then my monthly amount of course will increase does anyone know if this is true or not thanks and advance for any information

I currently have a silver fl resident pass bought with the payment plan just purchased in March i want to upgrade to gold I was told I just have to pay the difference and then my monthly amount of course will increase does anyone know if this is true or not thanks and advance for any information

You can upgrade APs during their lifetime.
You must pay the full difference cost, even if there is very little time left in the life of the original AP.
The upgraded AP will expire on the same date as the original AP.

I don't know if they will require the full payment for the upgrade at the time of the upgrade (very likely to be the case,)
or if they will just increase your monthly payments (less likely to be the case.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter