Question about the new mid day magic ticket: if I purchase a 2 day ticket with start date of December 15 (last day available to purchase) can I use the 2 days on 12/16 and 12/17?

Yes.
Below is a screen-grab from a WDW ticket page.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/mid-day-magic-tickets/
The copied info is based a 2-day Mid-Day Magic Ticket purchased on Dec. 15, 2019.
"Valid any 2 days from Dec. 15, 2019 - Dec. 18, 2019."

Header.png
===============================================================================

Mid-day.png

Thank you so much for this very useful thread!

I wanted to post about our recent experience upgrading to a Platinum Plus AP at Epcot Guest Services this week.
We were using 10day PH+ tickets and wanted to upgrade to a Platinum+ AP. We also had a 4 day PH (purchased for FD) that expired this year that we were hoping to use towards the value of purchasing an AP.

In the end, the CM was able to use the value of the 10day, 4 day tickets and purchased MM towards our AP. The value used was cost at purchase through Disney as expected.

I have searched for, but not found, a solution for my scenario: We want to go 10 days between 1/19 and 2/3 (17 days). A 10 day ticket expires after 14. Is there a strategy for dealing with this- or will I end up purchasing 2 tix per person to make this work?

I have searched for, but not found, a solution for my scenario: We want to go 10 days between 1/19 and 2/3 (17 days). A 10 day ticket expires after 14. Is there a strategy for dealing with this- or will I end up purchasing 2 tix per person to make this work?
Coming from where? USA or elsewhere?
Staying at a Disney resort or elsewhere?
Staying the entire trip at the same resort?
Is it possible that you would return to WDW for another trip within a year of this one?

I purchased one-day tickets for a date in January through the Disney website. We have a reservation at an onsite hotel and have ordered magic bands. The ticket confirmation email says "Show barcode at park entrance". I thought we could use our magic bands for park entrance?

When I was there last year (also onsite) I had 10-day tickets purchased through UT so before the trip I entered the ticket numbers in the MDE site and everything was good to go to select FP at 60 days out.

Will this one-day purchase be linked in my account so that I can get FP at 60 days out? I don't see evidence of it there even though I have the guests going listed in my account and I selected them as the ticket recipients.

I purchased one-day tickets for a date in January through the Disney website. We have a reservation at an onsite hotel and have ordered magic bands.
1. The ticket confirmation email says "Show barcode at park entrance".
2. I thought we could use our magic bands for park entrance?

When I was there last year (also onsite) I had 10-day tickets purchased through UT so before the trip I entered the ticket numbers in the MDE site and everything was good to go to select FP at 60 days out.

3. Will this one-day purchase be linked in my account so that I can get FP at 60 days out?
4. I don't see evidence of it there even though I have the guests going listed in my account and I selected them as the ticket recipients.
1. Ignore that.
2. You can.
3. They should already be there. If you check under tickets in your MDX account you should see them.
4. If you don't see the tickets, call Disney immediately.

I've lost track of all the threads so I apologize if this has been discussed in more detail. My father is a new Florida Resident and got his driver's license in mid-August. He is attempting to purchase tickets on the WDW website and when he goes to check out, the new Online Florida Resident Verification pops up. It simply asks him to enter his name, birth date and driver's license ID number. When he presses submit it says: Sorry, we cannot verify your residency (everything matches). Id.me is the platform Disney uses for verification and ID.me says - "he 'might' just have to wait longer" (but they have no idea how long). Disney has no idea either at least from the two CMs I have talked to. We have an email thread going as well and we have gotten standard answers such as "he might just have to wait longer" as well as "he can just show his verification at the gates." My issue is, and it's just principle at this point, if online verification is now possible and he can skip will call to prove identity, why isn't it working for him?? And if it's not working, why isn't there anyone who can help him figure out why? Any thoughts??

I've lost track of all the threads so I apologize if this has been discussed in more detail. My father is a new Florida Resident and got his driver's license in mid-August. He is attempting to purchase tickets on the WDW website and when he goes to check out, the new Online Florida Resident Verification pops up. It simply asks him to enter his name, birth date and driver's license ID number. When he presses submit it says: Sorry, we cannot verify your residency (everything matches). Id.me is the platform Disney uses for verification and ID.me says - "he 'might' just have to wait longer" (but they have no idea how long). Disney has no idea either at least from the two CMs I have talked to. We have an email thread going as well and we have gotten standard answers such as "he might just have to wait longer" as well as "he can just show his verification at the gates." My issue is, and it's just principle at this point, if online verification is now possible and he can skip will call to prove identity, why isn't it working for him?? And if it's not working, why isn't there anyone who can help him figure out why? Any thoughts??
This may or may not help, but when it comes to what does or does not "work" with Disney I.T.,
there's not much anyone can do who's not on the "inside."

Call the WDW IT Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 or
(407) 939-4357
or the AP Holders Helpline at (407) WDW-PASS.

This may or may not help, but when it comes to what does or does not "work" with Disney I.T.,
there's not much anyone can do who's not on the "inside."

Call the WDW IT Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 or
(407) 939-4357
or the AP Holders Helpline at (407) WDW-PASS.
Thanks Robo. I didn't 'have this number before. I spent over an hour about a week and a half ago going through many channels helping my dad work through this. He is purchasing his and my kids tickets for our trip in November and because we are also doing CL FPs, we had to book our FPs a bit ago. We finally got someone who was able to wrap his head around what was going on, and while he didn't have an answer as to why/when my dad could get online verification, he was able to put some sort of note into the system that allowed the kids to get their FPs. He told me to just "keep checking." I know we have some time, but I don't like the wait and see approach.

know we have some time, but I don't like the wait and see approach.

Anytime you have 2 separate computer systems that must "talk" to each other, there is going to be a lag for new information. In this case, you have a state government agency (FL motor vehicle department) plus Disney IT, and probably the 3rd party who runs ID.ME - so at least 2 if not 3 systems interacting. State governments are notorious for delayed updates to online info, and Disney IT is notorious for glitches. Since it's been at best 2 weeks that he applied for the FL license, I'm not surprised the info wasn't available yet. Disney can't make the government system post updates, so it really is a "wait and see" situation. Honestly, I'd expect a month, and if less than that it's a bonus.

Enjoy your vacation!

1. Ignore that.
2. You can.
3. They should already be there. If you check under tickets in your MDX account you should see them.
4. If you don't see the tickets, call Disney immediately.

Ugh even though I have a confirmation email that my ticket purchase was successful for 2 tickets for a specific date, when I go to MDE and pretend like I want to make FP selections (even though I am 90 days too early) the message I get is:

Theme Park Tickets or Passes
Enter your Will Call Confirmation Number or Ticket ID for up to 10 tickets or passes.

There is a picture of a sample ticket where I can find my 12-digit number. But how can I have a ticket when I purchased the tickets electronically?? Sigh - I should have purchased from UT again and gotten hard copies of tickets. The message I got from Disney by email said: (below) But when I try to enter the confirmation number in as the ticket number the message says it is already linked. I don't want to find this is a problem as 60 days out and I am hesitant to call Disney as the only accurate information I get is from these boards. :(

Thank You. Your Order is Confirmed.
Your order was successfully processed.
Tickets Confirmation Number: ABCDEFGHIJKL
Order Date: August 26, 2019

Ugh even though I have a confirmation email that my ticket purchase was successful for 2 tickets for a specific date, when I go to MDE and pretend like I want to make FP selections (even though I am 90 days too early) ...
Thank You. Your Order is Confirmed.
Your order was successfully processed.

The "90 days too early" may be your problem.

1. But how can I have a ticket when I purchased the tickets electronically??

2. I am hesitant to call Disney as the only accurate information I get is from these boards.
1. You still have a ticket number (and that can be converted to an actual ticket at WDW, if you like.

2. Very few of us can help you from our end.
If you are still concerned as you approach your FP window, I recommend that you DO call Disney.

I'm pondering a January trip and using some non-expired tickets I have available. I have a 4-day PH that expires in 2030 and MDE says that I can assign this ticket to someone. I also have 3 days left from a 10-day non-expiring PH ticket I bought years ago.

I'd like to assign the 4 day PH to my daughter and then use the 3 remaining PH days for me for our triop. But that will leave me one day short on a ticket. Is there any chance I'd be able to add an additional day to that ticket? If not, I'll just purchase a one-day PH but am hoping I can someone find a cheaper ticket option. Thanks!

I'm pondering a January trip and using some non-expired tickets I have available. I have a 4-day PH that expires in 2030 and MDE says that I can assign this ticket to someone. I also have 3 days left from a 10-day non-expiring PH ticket I bought years ago.

I'd like to assign the 4 day PH to my daughter and then use the 3 remaining PH days for me for our triop. But that will leave me one day short on a ticket.
1. Is there any chance I'd be able to add an additional day to that ticket?
2. If not, I'll just purchase a one-day PH but am hoping I can someone find a cheaper ticket option. Thanks!
1. Sorry, but no.
2. It would likely be more economical (in the long run) if you simply buy a fully new 4-day ticket
for this trip and continue to save your 3 days on the old ticket for a shorter trip.

I have an AP That is listed on MDE as "expires Dec 3, 2019." Does that mean the last day to use it is Dec 3? Or is last day Dec 2?

I have an AP That is listed on MDE as "expires Dec 3, 2019." Does that mean the last day to use it is Dec 3? Or is last day Dec 2?
Can be used until end of business on Dec 3, 2019.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to add just one day or now 1/2 a day to and AP. Or do you just have to pay regular for 1 day pass? Thank you

1. I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to add just one day or now 1/2 a day to and AP.
2. Or do you just have to pay regular for 1 day pass? Thank you
1. No "days" or partial days can be added to an AP.
2. Correct.

Thank you so much. We have had AP for years now and don’t want to renew. Guess we will just enjoy the resort that day .

I am going with a friend to Disney from 12/28-1/2 for her daughter to participate in the Varsity Citrus Bowl pre-game performance. Varsity is selling packages only and we have to buy the package that includes room, park hoppers, a couple of meal vouchers, Citrus Bowl tickets, etc... I already have an AP so my question is can I use this ticket another time and pay the difference? We are heading back for Spring Break so could I transfer the ticket to my son and upgrade/pay the difference? I have called Varsity a couple of times and they will not offer me a discounted rate to not take the ticket so I am hoping I can do something with it.

Here is the ticket information that they provided:

Walt Disney World® Resort 4-Day PARK HOPPER® Ticket (unlimited admission into all four Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks)*, for four days.
  • Walt Disney World® PARK HOPPERS are valid Saturday, December 28, 2019 – Saturday, January 4, 2020
  • *All Walt Disney World® Resort PARK HOPPER® Tickets are date limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter