I am going with a friend to Disney from 12/28-1/2 for her daughter to participate in the Varsity Citrus Bowl pre-game performance. Varsity is selling packages only and we have to buy the package that includes room, park hoppers, a couple of meal vouchers, Citrus Bowl tickets, etc...

I already have an AP so my question is
1. can I use this ticket another time and pay the difference?
2. We are heading back for Spring Break so could I transfer the ticket to my son and upgrade/pay the difference? I have called Varsity a couple of times and they will not offer me a discounted rate to not take the ticket so I am hoping I can do something with it.

Here is the ticket information that they provided:

Walt Disney World® Resort 4-Day PARK HOPPER® Ticket (unlimited admission into all four Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks)*, for four days.
  • Walt Disney World® PARK HOPPERS are valid Saturday, December 28, 2019 – Saturday, January 4, 2020
  • *All Walt Disney World® Resort PARK HOPPER® Tickets are date limited.
1. I'd guess that is unlikely.
2. Again, unlikely.
My guess is that the ticket is not a standard WDW ticket.

OTOH, if it turns out that it IS just a standard ticket, \you would be able
to use its original "Disney value" toward buying a new ticket in the future,
even after the ticket in question expires.
Good luck.

Anyone have experience with conference tickets? I’m going to NAIFA next month. I was planning to buy tickets for my husband and daughter who will join me for part of the trip. Usually we get trip insurance “just in case” but if we could just use their tickets another time if something happens I won’t bother with that extra cost. On the ticketing site it says the tickets must be used by Dec 2020 but for some reason I’m just not trusting that LOL. Why would they sell tickets to conference goers that could be used whenever...

1. I'd guess that is unlikely.
2. Again, unlikely.
My guess is that the ticket is not a standard WDW ticket.

OTOH, if it turns out that it IS just a standard ticket, \you would be able
to use its original "Disney value" toward buying a new ticket in the future,
even after the ticket in question expires.
Good luck.

Thanks for the help but UGH!! Definitely not what I was hoping to hear. If anyone else has any idea what I can do with this ticket, please let me know!
Do you think this ticket is different than a convention ticket?

Thanks for the help but UGH!! Definitely not what I was hoping to hear. If anyone else has any idea what I can do with this ticket, please let me know!
What sets off my radar is that the organizers won't let you participate without buying their total
"package." That looks like they are getting some kind of special reduced "deal" from WDW, which very well includes some type of heavily discounted ticket (if the organizers guarantee x number of full participants.)

Could be something else, but I can't make much more of a judgement from my side of the web.

If the situation is that it's a "take it or leave it" deal, you'll just have to take what you get.
If it turns out that you can use the value (to whatever amount it is) of the tickets in the future... that's a bonus.
Not much to do about it when it's not in your control.

Last edited:

Lots of people on the boards have attended the youth sports events, and some are required to purchase the full package. I believe the packages include “YES” tickets (or what used to be known as YES - Youth Educational Series or something like that). Such tickets are usually only valid for specific dates around the event, and are not upgradeable, unless anything has changed recently. If you search you should be able to find some posts from those people - maybe someone in the group has a family member coming who isn’t part of the package who could use the ticket.

Good luck to your daughter and enjoy your vacation!

Just confirming: there is absolutely no way to upgrade a ticket to AP other than onsite at guest relations? As in, I can’t upgrade my UT 5DPH (that I can’t use next week because of Dorian) to an AP over the phone and rebook a trip at the AP price?

Just confirming: there is absolutely no way to upgrade a ticket to AP other than onsite at guest relations? As in, I can’t upgrade my UT 5DPH (that I can’t use next week because of Dorian) to an AP over the phone and rebook a trip at the AP price?

You don't have to have an AP to book at AP rate - you just have to get one after you check in for that stay.

How do I book though? When on the site to book the AP rate it sends me to the purchase AP pass page.
Go over to the "Disney Resorts" forum (HERE) on the DIS.
Or, just periodically call Disney and ask what's available.

How do I book though? When on the site to book the AP rate it sends me to the purchase AP pass page.

If you don't have an active AP, you have to call Disney Reservations to find out the AP rates and to book. So, you can't upgrade your AP over the phone, but you can call and book a resort at the AP rate!

Hi, I have old passes and not sure who’s ticket goes to who to link them to our wristband. Will we get In Trouble or not work if the wrong pass goes on the wrong persons wrist band??

Quick question. My daughter's soccer team was supposed to participate in the Disney Soccer Showcase Qualifier this weekend. Due to the storm, Disney cancelled the event yesterday. I had bought a couple of one day tickets I was planning to use with my son tomorrow. The valid date was August 31. We will not be using those now. Do I need to notify Disney that we will not use them? Or when we decide when we will be able to go again, do I just need to call at that time to pay any price difference and get the date changed?

Hi,
1. I have old passes and not sure who’s ticket goes to who to link them to our wristband.
2. Will we get In Trouble or not work if the wrong pass goes on the wrong persons wrist band??
1. How "old."
2. "Trouble?" No.

Quick question. My daughter's soccer team was supposed to participate in the Disney Soccer Showcase Qualifier this weekend. Due to the storm, Disney cancelled the event yesterday. I had bought a couple of one day tickets I was planning to use with my son tomorrow. The valid date was August 31. We will not be using those now.
1. Do I need to notify Disney that we will not use them?
2. Or when we decide when we will be able to go again, do I just need to call at that time to pay any price difference and get the date changed?
1. You should make contact and explain. Disney makes special accommodation relating to hurricane cancellations.
2. I would not wait.
Set something up in your files now, even though you don't know your future timeframe.
It might (possibly) save you from paying a "penalty" for aged tickets.
If you let your tickets just "expire," you likely would not be able to make
advance FP at the time of your future trip.
If you explain that the FP situation is a concern, they MIGHT be able
to put something in your files that can (possibly) alleviate that before your future trip.

(Regardless, you won't lose the current value of your unused tickets.)

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with conference tickets? I’m going to NAIFA next month. I was planning to buy tickets for my husband and daughter who will join me for part of the trip. Usually we get trip insurance “just in case” but if we could just use their tickets another time if something happens I won’t bother with that extra cost. On the ticketing site it says the tickets must be used by Dec 2020 but for some reason I’m just not trusting that LOL. Why would they sell tickets to conference goers that could be used whenever...

We used conference tickets for our most recent trip and they definitely said valid through 12/31/19 (2019 conference) in MDE.

I'm sure, at some point, Disney will convert to date based convention tickets as they currently do for regular tickets. As long as you buy before that happens, your ticket will be valid through year end for first use.

Looking forward to a January trip and we are staying at the Swan and Dolphin--we have our hotel reservation showing up in "My Plans" as well as all the ADRs we made, but my purchase confirmation email just had one confirmation number for the hotel and nothing for the park tickets (except noting that they were included in our package). When I try to link the tickets, it prompts me for a number I don't have. There is a message in "My Plans" that says "Theme park tickets purchased as part of a vacation package will be available upon hotel check-in." which is fine but I don't want to wait until then to make FastPass selections! (Looks like I can do that 30 days out?) Will they send ticket numbers via email or something in the mail that contains numbers I can use to link my tickets, or will I have to call them and straighten this out? My hotel wasn't showing up with the confirmation number they gave me and they fixed it but it took 37 minutes on a call/on hold so I am hoping not to repeat that!

Going in November and for my mom I have a 2 day base timeshare ticket and 2 one day park hopper tickets. We will park hop 2 of our 4 park days. How should I link her tickets so that we can use the correct ticket on our park hopping days? I already have the 2 day ticket in my MDE under her name. Should I use a separate account to use the 2 one day hoppers?

Looking forward to a January trip and we are staying at the Swan and Dolphin--we have our hotel reservation showing up in "My Plans" as well as all the ADRs we made, but my purchase confirmation email just had one confirmation number for the hotel and nothing for the park tickets (except noting that they were included in our package). When I try to link the tickets, it prompts me for a number I don't have. There is a message in "My Plans" that says "Theme park tickets purchased as part of a vacation package will be available upon hotel check-in." which is fine but

1. I don't want to wait until then to make FastPass selections!
2. (Looks like I can do that 30 days out?)
3. Will they send ticket numbers via email or something in the mail that contains numbers I can use to link my tickets,
4. or will I have to call them and straighten this out? My hotel wasn't showing up with the confirmation number they gave me and they fixed it but
5.it took 37 minutes on a call/on hold so I am hoping not to repeat that!
1. Yup.
2. 60 days out.
3. They might, but you should hurry them along by calling and asking for the numbers.
4. I would (but I’d wait until next week.)
5. I imagine things will calm down a bit after the hurricane situation has passed.

Going in November and for my mom I have a 2 day base timeshare ticket and 2 one day park hopper tickets. We will park hop 2 of our 4 park days. How should I link her tickets so that we can use the correct ticket on our park hopping days? I already have the 2 day ticket in my MDE under her name. Should I use a separate account to use the 2 one day hoppers?
BEFORE you go to the first park, stop by any Guest Relations and have the PRIORITY set so that the ticket you want to use NEXT is set to the highest priority.
Do that every time you wish to CHANGE which ticket you want to use NEXT.

I am considering purchasing AP before my Dec 7th trip begins. At that time, I would just have the certificate until I actually activate on Dec 7.

If I want to purchase Disney After Hours tickets before AP is activated, is the certificate adequate to use for the AP discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter