• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hi all hoping for some clarification. I am on my last day of a Disney trip on a 6 day park hopper. Looking to upgrade to annual pass before I leave. When does the annual pass activate? The day I upgrade it or the day I use it to go into a park? I’m planning on a January Disney trip so would the AP start when I scan my band for the first time in Jan 2020 and expire a year from then? Also I was in Disney less than four weeks ago on a 7 day park hopper and assuming I can’t use the value of that ticket purchase with the 6 day park hopper I’m on now to upgrade to AP?

Hi all hoping for some clarification. I am on my last day of a Disney trip on a 6 day park hopper. Looking to upgrade to annual pass before I leave. When does the annual pass activate? The day I upgrade it or the day I use it to go into a park? I’m planning on a January Disney trip so would the AP start when I scan my band for the first time in Jan 2020 and expire a year from then? Also I was in Disney less than four weeks ago on a 7 day park hopper and assuming I can’t use the value of that ticket purchase with the 6 day park hopper I’m on now to upgrade to AP?

Your AP start date would be the date of first use of the ticket you are upgrading (so day 1 of your current trip).

You can never combine more than one ticket value when upgrading, whether it was a past trip, a current trip or an unused ticket. It's always a 1:1 exchange (one ticket/one AP)

Does anyone have any info on if I can upgrade the 5 day DVC 25
Did you pay full price for the ticket?
If so, you can likely upgrade it.
You would get the price you paid for the ticket in the upgrade transaction.

Just confirming- I want to buy a 6 day single park ticket for Nov 17-22. It's a bit cheaper if I buy the 6 day ticket starting on Nov 14. This ticket is good for 9 days, Nov 14-22. This includes the 22, right? I'm good?

Just confirming- I want to buy a 6 day single park ticket for Nov 17-22. It's a bit cheaper if I buy the 6 day ticket starting on Nov 14. This ticket is good for 9 days, Nov 14-22. This includes the 22, right? I'm good?
Right.
You're good!

Just want to confirm before I buy tickets that I am buying the right tickets.

2 adults and 1 child tickets for 5 days from UT.

If I buy them today, the mail delivery is slated for sept 17th, and my FP window opens on the 20th, should I just get the electronic ticket?
I will be staying at a Disney property (swan and dolphin). but they dont offer magic bands, so if i get the electronic tickets, I will link it to my MDX app, but to enter the park how do I enter without having magic bands?

Also, since out first day will be the 20th nov, should I get tickets start date as 17th or 18th (valid for 7 or 8 days?), our last day at the park will be the 24th.

Just want to confirm before I buy tickets that I am buying the right tickets.

2 adults and 1 child tickets for 5 days from UT.

If I buy them today, the mail delivery is slated for sept 17th, and my FP window opens on the 20th,
A. should I just get the electronic ticket?
I will be staying at a Disney property (swan and dolphin). but they dont offer magic bands, so if i get the electronic tickets,
B. I will link it to my MDX app, but
C. to enter the park how do I enter without having magic bands?

Also,
D. since out first day will be the 20th nov, should I get tickets start date as 17th or 18th (valid for 7 or 8 days?), our last day at the park will be the 24th.
A. I would.
B. Yup.
C. You stop by any ticket booth or Guest Relations (with your photo ID) and pick up free hard plastic tickets to use.
D. You can, but is there a specific reason not to get tickets that start on Nov. 20?

Last edited:
A. I would.
B. Yup.
C. You stop by any ticket booth or Guest Relations and pick up free hard plastic tickets to use.

Thanks for confirming, when you say guest relations, do they have in the Disney property hotels as well, can I pick up hard plastic tickets from there instead of the park?
also, I am planning to buy the magic bands anyways, can I link my tickets to the magic bands?

Lastly, do kids under 3 get complimentary magic bands? and I dont need any ticket for my 2 year old right?

I ask because after I l link the tickets to my MDX app, when I will go to book FP, I will book FP for 3 people in the party, although 4 of us are travelling.

Thanks for confirming, when you say guest relations,
1. do they have in the Disney property hotels as well, can I pick up hard plastic tickets from there instead of the park?
also,
2. I am planning to buy the magic bands anyways, can I link my tickets to the magic bands?

3. Lastly, do kids under 3 get complimentary magic bands?
4. and I dont need any ticket for my 2 year old right?

5. I ask because after I l link the tickets to my MDX app, when I will go to book FP, I will book FP for 3 people in the party, although 4 of us are travelling.
1. I don't know, but Guest Relations are found outside all the parks (including Epcot's International Gateway) and at Disney Springs.
Also, there are ticket booths just outside all the parks (including Epcot's International Gateway.)
2. You link your MBs to your MyDIsneyExperience account and THAT will link your tickets to the MB.
3. Only if your resort offers them to all guests.
4. Correct.
5. Under 3 yrs don't need tickets nor do they need a FP to join riding with a guest(s) who does have FPs.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I tried searching but the few answers were from 2 years ago and not sure if they are still accurate. I recently bought 2 4 day park tickets thru UCT for our upcoming trip (9/14-9/18) Now that we are getting closer, and I realize just how much construction is taking over FW I am second guessing my decision not to get park hopper. Main reason for trip is Illuminations so we have two Epcot days planned (then 1 at each AK and HS) but wondering if we should have planned to head into MK midday both of those days to split it up. Can you add hopper to UCT tickets after purchase? They are already assigned in MDE and FP booked.

TIA

My daughter Emilie's big college grad trip to Disney is in a little less than 2 weeks and an issue has come up that I can't find the answer to. It has to do with purchasing an extra day on an eticket on UT.

Here are my 2 perplexing ticket questions about this:

First: Emilie's boyfriend, Brayden, is coming in a day early and wants to go to Epcot for the afternoon. However, he only has an 8 day pass, which he purchased on UT at a discount. My memory is that he can't purchase the extra day before he uses the ticket at least once because if he tries to purchase the extra day before he's activated the ticket, Disney will charge him the difference between the UT ticket cost and the official ticket cost plus the cost of the extra day. However, once he uses the ticket, they'll only charge him for the extra day. Is that still right?

Second: Assuming his best strategy is to enter Epcot then add an extra day at the IG after he's entered the park, will he lose any of the FPs he already has for later in the week when he enters the park and uses one of the days on the ticket? I'm asking this because Disney currently won't let him add any FPs for the extra day because he doesn't have a valid ticket yet for it. Once he purchases the extra day, he'll then be able to get FPs for that day, but will he lose any FPs in the time between when he enters the park and when he purchases that extra day?

This is a great concern to them, as you can imagine, because Emilie spent a lot of time getting a perfect set of FPs for them. If adding the extra day might mess it all up, Brayden's happy to hang out at the pool for the afternoon. He's just hoping to enjoy a little extra F&W while he waits for Emilie to arrive!

My daughter Emilie's big college grad trip to Disney is in a little less than 2 weeks and an issue has come up that I can't find the answer to. It has to do with purchasing an extra day on an eticket on UT.

Here are my 2 perplexing ticket questions about this:

First: Emilie's boyfriend, Brayden, is coming in a day early and wants to go to Epcot for the afternoon. However, he only has an 8 day pass, which he purchased on UT at a discount.
1. My memory is that he can't purchase the extra day before he uses the ticket at least once because if he tries to purchase the extra day before he's activated the ticket, Disney will charge him the difference between the UT ticket cost and the official ticket cost plus the cost of the extra day.
2. However, once he uses the ticket, they'll only charge him for the extra day. Is that still right?

3. Second: Assuming his best strategy is to enter Epcot then add an extra day at the IG after he's entered the park,
4. will he lose any of the FPs he already has for later in the week when he enters the park and uses one of the days on the ticket?
5. I'm asking this because Disney currently won't let him add any FPs for the extra day because he doesn't have a valid ticket yet for it. Once he purchases the extra day, he'll then be able to get FPs for that day,
6. but will he lose any FPs in the time between when he enters the park and when he purchases that extra day?
7. This is a great concern to them, as you can imagine, because Emilie spent a lot of time getting a perfect set of FPs for them.
8. If adding the extra day might mess it all up, Brayden's happy to hang out at the pool for the afternoon. He's just hoping to enjoy a little extra F&W while he waits for Emilie to arrive!
1. That's not the case. That does not affect anything for upgrading.
2. Ticket does not need to be used first, and the price to upgrade will not be affected.
3. No need to worry about that. It is not a factor or step necessary for upgrading a ticket.
4. Not a concern.
5. Yup. He will need to buy an extra day in order to book the extra FPs.
6. No. (And there is no concern. One reason is because he won't have to enter the park to upgrade the ticket.)
7. Nothing to worry about.
8. Upgrading won't "mess it all up."

Now that we've covered all of that...
Have you checked on the MyDisneyExperience account to see if that UT ticket can be upgraded
right now, today, directly from the MDX account?

Last edited:
I am buying an AP for myself but not my DD.
Know about getting discounts for food and shopping for us both. Would I get discount for us both on tours and special events (going to festival if the arts in January).
I haven’t found info in that.

Thanks!

Thank you, Robo! It worked out just fine on MDE. I haven't upgraded a ticket in years, so I was still working by the old rules. Glad they've removed the extra upcharge and made it easy. About time!

Hi, I've got several partially used non-expiring tickets, including the old "water park fun & more" option, which we added primarily for use at Disney Quest. We don't golf, avoid sports in general, and due to a compromised immune system, I can't consider a water park visit, as much as I would like to. As I understand it, with DisneyQuest now gone, that leaves us with putt-putt golf at Winter Summer Land or Fantasia Gardens. I'm hoping someone can answer:

1. Any other places to use WPF&M entitlements, aside from water parks, mini golf, real golf, and Wide World of Sports?
2. Any chance I could make my case for the unused entitlements to be converted to something of value, such as $$ toward a ticket upgrade/added theme park day(s)?

Thanks in advance!

Any chance I could make my case for the unused entitlements to be converted to something of value, such as $$ toward a ticket upgrade/added theme park day(s)?
"Officially," that is not a standard option, however...
you can always explain carefully and "ask nicely."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter