@Robo I have a question regarding tickets that are part of a WDW package. 3 of us are going on this trip, but 1 is arriving late on arrival day. Can 2 of us add an extra day onto our tickets before we arrive or do all members of the party have to have the same ticket portion? We booked prior to the most recent price increase.

@Robo I have a question regarding tickets that are part of a WDW package. 3 of us are going on this trip, but 1 is arriving late on arrival day. Can 2 of us add an extra day onto our tickets before we arrive or do all members of the party have to have the same ticket portion? We booked prior to the most recent price increase.
After you check in, you can upgrade each ticket separately.

Just wanted to give an update from my own experience today:

background:
I had 2 7-day PH Plus tickets assigned to friends I manage on my MDE account.
These were Unused, Expired tickets from 2017.

I was told by chat support and a previous phone call that it would require an in-person visit to apply these towards new tickets (I think part of the problem is I incorrectly used the word "upgrade" or "reactivate" when that's not what's really happening). I was trying to get two new 7 day PH Plus tickets with a start date of 9/5/2020.

My brother is at the parks right now, and is marked as allowed to Plan for the 2 friends who these expired tickets were on. Despite this, Guest Relations told him that they'd need ME to do this in person; the best they said they could do for my brother was use them towards new tickets with a start date of TODAY. :(

So I tried one more time myself: I called "the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-3476 " per this page
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/ticket-dates/because this page spells out:
Additional Information on Tickets Purchased Before October 16, 2018
The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket.

I basically stated that I wanted to do this^, verbatim.
And lo and behold, they were able to help me do this all over the phone after all!
I even got a better rate than I expected:

The expired tickets were worth $532.50 with tax back in 2017 from what I could tell.
$583.62 is the new price with tax for a start day of 9/5/20. So i thought it should be $51.12 each to get new tickets.

They quoted me a higher value for the dead tickets, and I only had to pay $59.64 total! I'm not entirely sure why but I'm very pleased with the outcome. :)

Last edited:
I'm so grateful to have found this board since I need some answers to a couple of ticket questions. My brother had purchased 3 child 7 day passes for November of this year. Unfortunately, he will not be able to go at that time any more and would like to reassign the tickets to me for this month. We do not have kids in our party. Would we be able to upgrade these tickets to Adult tickets after the reassignment or does he have to upgrade them before reassigning? Can this be done in the app or does it have to be done in person? The tickets were purchased via the Disney website. Will there be any problems upgrading in person since I am not the original purchaser?

I'm so grateful to have found this board since I need some answers to a couple of ticket questions. My brother had purchased 3 child 7 day passes for November of this year. Unfortunately, he will not be able to go at that time any more and would like to reassign the tickets to me for this month. We do not have kids in our party.
1. Would we be able to upgrade these tickets to Adult tickets after the reassignment
2. or does he have to upgrade them before reassigning?
3. Can this be done in the app
4. or does it have to be done in person? The tickets were purchased via the Disney website.
5. Will there be any problems upgrading in person since I am not the original purchaser?
1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. I don't know. You can try, once you get them assigned to you.
4. It CAN be done, in-person.
5. Nope.

I’m heading down in November and I’m planning on upgrading my 6-day PH to an AP. I won’t be heading to a park on check in day. Can I upgrade on check in day or do I need to wait until I’ve used my first day?

Additionally, I have MVMCP and DAH tickets that I purchased at the original price. Is it possible to get those adjusted to the AP price once I’ve upgraded?

If I bought 2-day tickets for september but I am pushing my trip out do I need to adjust them to a later date before the their current "start date"

I’m heading down in November and I’m planning on upgrading my 6-day PH to an AP. I won’t be heading to a park on check in day.
1. Can I upgrade on check in day
2. or do I need to wait until I’ve used my first day?

3. Additionally, I have MVMCP and DAH tickets that I purchased at the original price. Is it possible to get those adjusted to the AP price once I’ve upgraded?
1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. You can ask nicely.

Apologies in advance if I missed a post somewhere on this...

Planning a trip with 2 days of Mid-Day tickets and 1 MVMCP ticket. Planning on arriving at 4 PM on the MVMCP day. How does "the system" know to debit my Party ticket day vs a regular mid-day ticket? Or do the turnstyles just let you into the park and getting the wristband (via some MagicBand scan) the "special" MVMCP indicator?

1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. I don't know. You can try, once you get them assigned to you.
4. It CAN be done, in-person.
5. Nope.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. Do you or anyone else know if I can do the upgrade in CA for usage in Florida? I'm going to be in CA next week and could take care of it in advance of our trip if permitted.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. Do you or anyone else know if I can do the upgrade in CA for usage in Florida? I'm going to be in CA next week and could take care of it in advance of our trip if permitted.
WDW and Disneyland are separate ticking operations with differing procedures.

Planning a trip with 2 days of Mid-Day tickets and 1 MVMCP ticket. Planning on arriving at 4 PM on the MVMCP day.
1. How does "the system" know to debit my Party ticket day vs a regular mid-day ticket?
2. Or do the turnstyles just let you into the park and getting the wristband (via some MagicBand scan) the "special" MVMCP indicator?
1. There are separate MK entrance gates marked specifically for entry to the party.
2. AND, there are wristbands issued to party guests.

Robo, I'm sorry to ask a specific question but 402 pages is a little daunting to search through! We are going to do a 1 day park hopper in December. Am I correct in my understanding that if I purchase this ticket for 12/22 but we decide to go on 12/24 instead, I can just change the date on the ticket in MDE, as long as we haven't used it yet? It's really hard to decide when to go for our one day, but it'll be sometime between 12/22 and 12/26, but I want to buy the ticket and take advantage of FP+ at 60 days!

Robo, I'm sorry to ask a specific question but 402 pages is a little daunting to search through! We are going to do a 1 day park hopper in December. Am I correct in my understanding that if I purchase this ticket for 12/22 but we decide to go on 12/24 instead, I can just change the date on the ticket in MDE, as long as we haven't used it yet? It's really hard to decide when to go for our one day, but it'll be sometime between 12/22 and 12/26, but I want to buy the ticket and take advantage of FP+ at 60 days!
You can change the date.

Yes, we just did this with our one day ticket - we were originally going on a Wednesday and changed it to a Saturday. You will pay any difference in the ticket price but the date can be changed if you haven't used it yet. As of right now there isn't any difference in cost between 12/22 and 12/24, but if you decide to change it to the 25th or 26th you'd pay an additional $20 plus tax for each ticket to change the date.

RE: Fastpasses though - a 1 day ticket is ONLY good on the day you choose it for, so you can only make FP at 60 days for the date of your ticket. If you choose to change your date before the 30 day window you'll be able to make FP on the new date ahead of the general 30 day window, but you won't be able to book FP for any other date until you actually change the ticket.

Two questions --

1) I'm going to be in Orlando in October and November for conferences. I bought a 2 day mid-day ticket and chose an October start date, and bought a 4-day park hopper with a November start date. My Magic Band knows these start dates, right? When I enter the park in October, it will know to use the 2 day mid-day ticket and not to use the 4 day PH?

2) After I bought these, I started thinking maybe I should've just bought an AP. If I were to decided to upgrade to the AP, I'd need to do that while the first ticket (the 2 day) is still valid yes? Will I be able to apply both tickets to the AP even though the 4 day isn't used yet?

Two questions --

1) I'm going to be in Orlando in October and November for conferences. I bought a 2 day mid-day ticket and chose an October start date, and bought a 4-day park hopper with a November start date.
1a. My Magic Band knows these start dates, right?
1b. When I enter the park in October, it will know to use the 2 day mid-day ticket and not to use the 4 day PH?

2) 2a. After I bought these, I started thinking maybe I should've just bought an AP. If I were to decided to upgrade to the AP,
2b. I'd need to do that while the first ticket (the 2 day) is still valid yes?
2c. Will I be able to apply both tickets to the AP even though the 4 day isn't used yet?
1a. Well, your MyDisneyExperience account "knows" what tickets you own. So, any MagicBand you have will access that ticket information when you tap the MB.
1b. Any valid ticket can be used when you tap your MB. But, if only one ticket is actually valid during your first trip, only that ticket will be used.

2a. Could very well be.
2b. Yes.
2c. Sorry, but that is "officially" not allowed.
However, you can call Disney before your first trip and explain carefully (and ask nicely) for what you want to do, and it MIGHT be that they will accommodate your request in some way.
(As in, issue the amount you paid for the second ticket on a WDW gift card, after you do the AP update.)

Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Robo, thanks for all the answers you provide. Not sure if I did say thanks before but wanted to acknowledge your contribution.

One more question. My first day in Nov 20th so for FP booking will open for me on the 21st sep? Or 20th?

Robo, thanks for all the answers you provide. Not sure if I did say thanks before but wanted to acknowledge your contribution.

One more question. My first day in Nov 20th so for FP booking will open for me on the 21st sep? Or 20th?
Sept. 21st.

And, thank you for the kind words!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter