Time to drive from MCO and what time to arrive?

SraRaton

Earning My Ears
OK - Cruise time is almost here and I am trying to organize the last little details:

We are arriving the night before, renting a car, staying near the airport and driving down the next morning - how long does the trip take between MCO and Port Canaveral? (This is my second cruise, but I do not remember the length of the bus ride down last time because I was so excited)

Also, what time is good to arrive at the Port for Embarkation - I was guessing around 11:00 am - 11:30 am - Is this too early? I have a 6 year old and 8 year old, so I do not want the wait to be impossible, however I do want to get on this ship at a reasonable time to enjoy myself. I was planning on dropping the luggage of and going and getting in line while DH drops the car off at Avis.

Thanks!

Linda:Pinkbounc

The ride to the port from MCO is about an hour. Maybe a little less. I'd say arriving between 11:00 and 11:30 is fine, probably closer to 11:00, though. The port opens at 10:30, so the line shouldn't be that long if you arrive just after 11:00. Boarding usually begins at 12:15, so the wait in line shouldn't be too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter