Tipping Mousekeeping?

TiggerAlli

Earning My Ears
Since our first trip home is coming up I just realized that I'm not sure how to handle this. We always tipped $1-$2 p/p on a daily basis at the regular resorts but I don't really know what to do now. :confused3

Should I tip in a similar manner on the T&T day? Should I tip more on the full service day than I had in the past?

We are staying in a studio if that affects your opinion at all.

Thanks! :goodvibes

There is a wide variety of opinion about tipping in DVC rooms. Others have posted that Disney considers mousekeeping a non-tipped position. Some of us do tip (myself among them). I am most appreciative of the hard work that it takes to clean any kind of hotel room and I know that good workers in this job category are important to my vacation experience. All hotels have a difficult time retaining workers as maids. So, unless I receive unsatisfactory service I always tip. How much? Depends on the size of the unit, but anywhere from $5 - $15 for trash and towel and $15 - $30 for full cleaning. Remember, this is totally up to you, since lots of folks give $0 and others give more than I do.
Here are envelopes I print before I leave home so mousekeepers know that money I leave is for them:
http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/mousekeeping.shtml

Or, if the many other threads on thefts at Disney are true (apparently centered at SSR), don't fret about tipping, mousekeeping will just, errrrr 'help themselves!'

Joking, just joking, trying to be both topical and clever, really!

There is a wide variety of opinion about tipping in DVC rooms. Others have posted that Disney considers mousekeeping a non-tipped position. Some of us do tip (myself among them). I am most appreciative of the hard work that it takes to clean any kind of hotel room and I know that good workers in this job category are important to my vacation experience. All hotels have a difficult time retaining workers as maids. So, unless I receive unsatisfactory service I always tip. How much? Depends on the size of the unit, but anywhere from $5 - $15 for trash and towel and $15 - $30 for full cleaning. Remember, this is totally up to you, since lots of folks give $0 and others give more than I do.
Here are envelopes I print before I leave home so mousekeepers know that money I leave is for them:
http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/mousekeeping.shtml

I know there's a lot of controversy about this topic & that was SOO NOT :scared: my point here! :angel: No reason to start yet another discussion that's already been beaten (heavily) :rolleyes: into the ground! Please don't go that way with this Dis'ers! :love:

I really didn't know what the procedure was since it's not the same as a regular room & the services are different.

If you tip, tell me what you do, okay? If you don't tip just shake your head at me :sad2: and ignore this thread entirely! :goodvibes

Jekjones, thanks for the link, I have some on my computer at home that I print up every trip (helps me to get excited!) but I always enjoy new options!

Thanks everyone, I do appreciate it! :grouphug:

We usually leave $10.00 at the end of our stay ($1 per day). We have also left unopened Gormet candies or coffee cakes beyond the money:love:

Disney does not consider housekeeping a tipped position, but many do it anyway. The norm elsewhere is $1/person/night in less expensive hotels and $2/person/night in upscale hotels. There are no norms for timeshares but a $1/person/night for trash/towel service and $2/person/night for full cleaning seems reasonable. Tips should be left in your room on a daily basis if in a hotel or on cleaning day if in a timeshare. Different housekeepers may attend your room each day. Leave your tip so that it is obvious to the housekeeper of its purpose.

There are no norms for timeshares
Overall I'd agree but there are some resorts that suggest the amount of tips and how you handle them much like a cruise line. These are generally resorts where the tip is the main pay for the cleaning staff. But they are also doing daily cleanings and often even cleaning up after you and washing dishes and even clothes in some cases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter