To cabana or not to cabana that is the question!

Thank you! Thank you! You have definately helped with my decision. I will be calling them to reserved a cabana or do I have to wait until I get there?

I reserved the yellow submarine cabana yesterday. What is the kiddie pool like? How close is the cabana to the kiddie pool and the regular one (10 feet 15 feet?), and about how far is the slide from this cabana? Also I forgot to ask over the phone, but is this cabana near the beach area? Last on my question list, is the regular pool zero entry depth near this cabana?
Thanks for any info you can give me!

Wow, I wish I had a map and I'm not very good with directions. (okay I wrote all the below and then found a map, so you can look at the map and ignore all this below http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/hrockmap.html , your cabana will be the lower one of the two in front of the kiddie pool #13 on the map) We were right next to the Yellow Submarine Cabana. The kiddie pool is round with three sets of fountains and the yellow submarine cabana would be to the side of the kiddie pool. I was worried about lots of kids running around but it stayed pretty quiet. I actually enjoyed having the kiddie pool in front of us because when you were walking back to the cabana you could walk through the pool and rinse your feet. There were several adults who would come and sit in the kiddie pool to cool off. I will say by the end of the afternoon the water in the kiddie pool was very, very warm. The pool is somewhat elongated so to help with directions, picture a rectangle with the slide at the first shorter end, more or less. The kiddie pool and cabana would be about the middle of the bottom longer side. The bottom longer side is all zero entry, great for sitting and cooling off. The other side (top of the rectangle) is walled. Also close to the cabana is one of the hot tubs. The bar is on the opposite side of the pool, but the staff is good about coming by and taking orders. The slide entry (from the cabana) is around the end of the pool and on the top corner of the rectangle. Close enough for the kids and far enough that you don't get traffic. You may be able to see the slide from your cabana, but if not it only will take a couple of steps forward to see it. The beach area with volleyball is by the slide and at the short end of our rectangle. There are multiple beach/sand areas all around the pool. We were there on a Saturday and there were plenty of chairs available all around. There is a very large deck area all around the pool. I'm not good with distances, someone else can correct me. I'd say from the yellow submarine cabana to the main pool is maybe 40 - 50 feet. The cabana is set back a little and is to the side of the kiddie pool, perhaps 15 feet away. To get to the slide would be a longer walk but not bad. Hope this helps.

Thanks kjcolv! That's the kind of info I was hopping to hear! I am so looking forwrd to lounging at the pool.

Originally posted by pixie dust gal!
We just returned from HRH and we had cabana #10 (our favorite) for 10 days.

Why is cababna #10 your favorite? I am considering reserving one for our upcoming stay. DH will be picking my kids' friends up at the airport one day to join us and I thought that would be a good day for moi to relax at the cabana:smooth: It must've been wonderful (but expensive) to have it for 10 whole days. Lucky you!

Now I'm wondering if I should change our Friday cabana to #10. Can you still see the movies from #10? We have #2 and I think that's too far from the kiddie pool for 4 yr old ds. I'm also thinking of getting the submarine cabana on another day. What's the difference between this one and the regular cabanas? Thanks again for all the information everyone!!! I love this site!

I called and found out #7-10 are torn down for the movies. So, I kept my reservation for #2 on Friday and made an additional reservation for Saturday #10. You can see the movie from #2 which is partly why I wanted the cabana...I'm worried it will be crowded and we plan to be at the parks during the day. The yellow submarine cabana is $100 non-club and $70 club and includes 2 tubes and free refills on drinks (soda/water) all day. Might be worth it if you're not club level, but we'll just go up to the lounge and get more drinks if needed. I think for $40 it will be worth it for the privacy, having a place to hang out, and a place to keep our stuff while enjoying the pool.

I was told, or maybe I heard wrong, that Cabana #7 (yellow submarine) gets drink refills 1 time. Does anyone know which is right,is it all day refills or just once?

Hi - I am bumping this thread because I just booked a few cabanas :)

40.00 for a full day is great! (for the non themed ones)

I have the yellow submarine, the aquarium one and #2 on the movie night :)

Any recent reports on Cabana use?

>>^..^<<

We have cabanna 7 booked for a day in Oct. I think it will be great. There are 5 kids and 3 adults. They only had the yellow submarine so we took it. Opinions on people who have had this one would be great. Also, is it only 1 free refill or all day?

Thanks

We had cabana 7 and thought it was really cute :).

It is right behind the baby pool so if you have any little ones, it will be perfect!

IMO, it wasn't worth the extra money (over a regular cabana) for the fruit basket, floaties, and free refill. But it is certainly worth it if the other option is no cabana at all! And yes, it is just one free refill.

If you want pictures of the yellow submarine cabana, I will e-mail them to you. Just PM me your e-mail address :).

Teresa

Let us know about your cabana when you return.Im going with # 5

We just had this cabana for the weekend (sat and sun) and it was well worth it! We brought some beers down and cokes from the club level.. no one said anything.. course it was very busy both days.

The cabana #2 is very near the beach bar, you can see the movies from it, set back just a little from the pool, but on the upper level, so you still see it all! We had it from 8 am til 11 pm and used it for quite a bit of that. Did the parks in the am and pool after lunch. Sunday stayed til almost midnight talking with people in #1. The service was acceptable, as they were slammed. We had a reserve anyway.

I would say that it made the HRH stay better than it would have been without it. On Sat. we sat and watched the College games, going for a dip every once in a while... every guy who came by had to stop to see what the score was... no matter who was playing!

IMHO you can't go wrong with them at HRH... don't know about any of the other hotels.

Bob

Hi Bob... I had cabana # 2 on a dive in movie night and it was great :)

tiggerguy - I had cabana # 5 and wasn't happy with the TV - it didn't get all the channels like the other cabanas I had,

I couldn't get CNN, my daughter couldn't find that WB channel either. I didn't like the location - I preferred cabanas 7, 8 , 9 & 10 or 1 & 2.

>>^..^<<

Just to keep everyone updated, I just booked cabana #9 for Aug. 2004 and was quoted $100/day for a non-themed cabana. The themed cabanas are $110...and soon all the regular cabanas will also be $110. There are no longer offering the half day rental(3:00-11:00PM).

We had cabana #9 on our Christmas trip. I loved having the cabana, and really liked the location of #9. I do see that the price has gone up!

How do you rent a cabana ? Do you call 1-800-be a star ? or is there another number to call?

hi

what happens if it is a real rainy day and you really can't enjoy the pool\cabana- do you get your money back- or is there a penalty for cancelling at the last minute

thanks

lisa:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter