To cabana or not to cabana that is the question!

I called the hotel direct and they put me through to Cabana Rentals sorry don't know what happens if it rains not even going to think of that:p

We had #2 for the dive-in movie and it was great!! Beware people taking your chairs though. I got up to walk to the pool to see what my teenager was saying and when I came back someone had taken one of the chairs in the cabana and drug it all the way down around the pool and was sitting in it. Considering there were 5 of us, I wasn't very happy. I decided not to complain and then wished I had because later when I mentioned it to the pool guy the next day he said if that happens, just tell someone working at the pool and they will go and retrieve it. Oh well.....people! It was very convenient not having to fight the crowds that night though. We were there in July and the place was packed. The next day we rented the Yellow Submarine cabana over by the kiddie pool (DS 2) and we loved it too. Great place for the baby to get out of the sun and still be close enough to play in the water.

We are staying at the RPR in May - does anyone know if it is worth it to rent a cabana here? If so, is it the same price as the HRH? $100/day? Do they show movies at RPR as well? Can you see the screen from any of the cabanas?

Sorry for the deluge of questions? I'm a cabana novice..... :)

I think the price of the cabana is the same and yes they do have dive in movies at all the onsite hotels on diffrent nights HRH is FRiday night not sure of others:jester:

Just this second got off the phone with cabana rentals at the HRH. Here is the deal......Call direct (407)503-2200, much easier than the BE A STAR nunber, ask for recreation dept, they handle the cabana reservations directly. I spoke to AMY. As of 2:15 there were 9 cabanas left, (I took #2 for my stay beginning March 26). She will make the reservation for you, and reconfirm your hotel reservation if needed. Also if staying club level the new rate is $50.00

Yesterday I booked Cabana #10 at the HRH for our trip in July. The cost was $125 because it's themed. The cabana comes with the sodas and snacks, refills on the sodas and 2 pool floats.

I chose #10 because Amy said it was closer to the slide. Since the kids are older, we don't need to be anywhere close to the kiddie pool. Personally, I just want a shady place to relax by the pool.

Thanks to everyone for posting the info here! I'm really getting excited now that we're getting close to our "100 days-to-go" mark!

Thanks to everyone for all the information about the cabanas at HRH. Without this board we wouldn't have known anything. Universal doesn't do very well with their advertisements. Hope we got it right. We have cabana #1 for the Friday night movie. We had to rent it all day ($100). Also I was told we couldn't bring in any food or drink. Does that apply to the little kids snacks? Can't wait. We've never been to Universal so everything is new to us. Hope that they have some of the magic that Disney has.

Disneymomx7 - we spent our first day in cabana #1 - it was very nice - right near (but not too) the Beach Club pool bar/restaurant and the rest rooms. I don't know how it was for the movie, because we went out to dinner instead. We always carried down the sodas/water we were drinking and took them into the cabana. I certainly wouldn't 'announce' it, but I can't imagine who/why they would be checking to see if you are bringing food or drinks into the cabana. The waitresses were the only ones in/out of the cabana and they were sooo great! - unless you were setting up a big spread (or your own bar;)), I don't think it would be an issue. One night some of our group tried to bring a bottle of wine through the pool area and one of the pool guys very nicely told them "no glass" in the pool area, he even went and got us plastic cups and helped them pour the bottle into the cups before bringing it to the cabana- when we were there the young people working by the pool couldn't have been nicer !! Enjoy !!:smooth:

Does anyone know if you have a full day cabana rental?...could you use it...then leave for 4 hours, then return to the cabana? Or do they assume you will not be back?

It was ours for the whole day - we came and went every day- met at the cabana, went to the parks, back to the cabana for a swim, out for dinner, most nights the kids went back in the evening to watch TV or we went back in the evening to relax and have a cocktail - yep, it's yours from the time the pool opens until it closes !! :sunny:

AWESOME!!!
Originally posted by bjakmom
It was ours for the whole day - we came and went every day- met at the cabana, went to the parks, back to the cabana for a swim, out for dinner, most nights the kids went back in the evening to watch TV or we went back in the evening to relax and have a cocktail - yep, it's yours from the time the pool opens until it closes !! :sunny:

Is it worth it if you're only going to use the pool 1/2 a day? My boys are competiting at TKD Nationals, and competition is on a Saturday at WOS in Oct. Competition will probably be over by 2, and we should be back at HRH by 3. The last thing I want after a day of competition is to come back to the pool and not be able to find a lounge chair to sit and and relax. Would the cabana be worth it? I'm thinking #10 since my kids would really enjoy the slide.

01sweetpea - that is a hard call to make, as much as I love having a cabana, it is a lot of $$ (especially for the 'themed' ones) if you will only be using for a few hours. If, however, you are going to go back to the pool at 3 and plan on spending the rest of the day and evening there (perhaps even eating dinner there from the Beach Club), if you have a group (or an infant like we did) and want a place to sit/meet very comfortably, if you are going over a holiday weekend and think the pool might be really crowded, or if you can simply easily afford the extra $$ for the convenience/luxury then I'd say go for it. If not, I would be surprised that you would have difficulty finding a lounge or chair to sit by the pool for a couple of hours - the pool area is huge and I don't think October is a particularly busy month (except maybe for Columbus Day) - but maybe the locals can tell you more about that.

Thanks for all the info everyone...I just booked #10 for our trip in July. We plan to spend the day relaxing at the pool & this sounds like a great way to enjoy it. I was told #10 is one of the most popular cabanas and therefore hard to get so I took it. There will be me & DD (16), a friend & DD (15) so this looks like a good location for us. I was told it comes with 6 sodas (& one refill), a fruit basket, 4 bottles of water, 2 pool floats and is Stevie Wonder/Aquarium themed. I can hardly wait. :)

U will love no 10 its the biggest and the deck chairs are similar to Margretville very cool:jester:

Can you tell me how the sodas work...is there a selection, do you order them or what? For example, I drink diet Coke, DD likes regular (actually she hates coke...loves Pepsi ;)). Thanks.

We didn't get to chose but the selection was 2 coke reg, 2 diet coke and 2 sprite but perhaps u can choose we just never asked as we liked the choices on offer just ask at fitness center as it is them that deal with all cabana matters:jester:

Hi :wave:

I have a few questions, I hadn't really heard about cabanas before I came across this thread.

We are thinking of upgrading to club level room, so say if we do, I see people have brought drinks down from the lounge to their cabana. Are the drinks in bottles (e.g. beers and soft drinks)? I thought that you could only get beers in the evening if you were club level?

So you basically rent out your cabana and sit back and relax, you come and go as you please? Did someone say their was a TV in theirs? Some people have said they stay in their in the evenings, how come (just wondering what the attraction is, you can see movies from there?)?

You get fruit and a selection of drinks in a fridge. You also have access to a waitress, is that to bring you main meals (that you pay seperately for)? I take it if it is you have to tip the waitress as normal. Do you have to tip anybody else (I am not a bad tipper, but just curious).

Sorry to bombard you all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter