• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Hmmm, perhaps time to reconsider that WDW Marathon Weekend 2019, yes?

:scratchin

:idea:

:sad2:

Still nope.... :sad1:

But at least we've got Chicago!

I definitely agree. FTP and %FTP are the basis for nearly all cycling training plans. It's the one objective number that doesn't change and is not dependent on location, speed, HR, or cadence.

That's not a bad idea. As long as the frame fits you, you should be able to adjust the saddle and bars to make sure you're comfortable. If you ever move to buying a new bike, getting a professional fit is the first step in the process. They help you determine your ideal saddle height and fore/aft location, stem height, etc. Once you know all that, you can choose a frame which will meet those parameters. In your case, getting a free bike, I think you'll be fine with some rough measurements to ensure you're not sitting too tall, leaning too far forward, or too hunched over.

You got it. Watts are watts are watts. They have no correlation to speed whatsoever. As you noted, you can generate the same watts at 50rpm or 110rpm. The effort might be different because the muscles involved are different at those extremes, but for a training load, they're all watts.

Perfect! I appreciate all the help as I move into another discipline that I've got zero experience in.

Hi All, I've shown up here to alleviate the marathon 2019 pressure off of @DopeyBadger
Go ahead and deflect to me. I can handle it :)

Isn't the fact that you're going to be there for marathon weekend (note that I have already accepted this as a fact) even more of a reason for @DopeyBadger to be there? If he's going to be at your first marathon, he has to be at your second marathon too.

You don't have to run. Just go as a Coach. Coach from the sidelines, give the pre-race pep talks, the post analysis break downs. A true Vince Lombardi.

:hyper2:

Guess I could just try and do that virtually. Might be easier from a far since I won't have to worry about my own vacation. :D

Hi All, I've shown up here to alleviate the marathon 2019 pressure off of @DopeyBadger

Appreciate it! But from the looks of it, maybe we're best off as a team of deflection. :teleport:

:hyper2:

Guess I could just try and do that virtually. Might be easier from a far since I won't have to worry about my own vacation. :D

I'm imagining you with a bunch of computer monitors like batman. Constantly hitting refresh on all the race trackers.

Appreciate it! But from the looks of it, maybe we're best off as a team of deflection. :teleport:

Well I know from experience that you are good at blocking wind.

Isn't the fact that you're going to be there for marathon weekend (note that I have already accepted this as a fact) even more of a reason for @DopeyBadger to be there? If he's going to be at your first marathon, he has to be at your second marathon too.

So should I cancel all the other marathons I'm running after October this year? (I kid, I kid!)

You're signing up for Dopey. No need to deflect to you. ;)

I legit saw a guy in a large lime green hoodie and a floppy winter hat running through my park this weekend and I was at least 75.87% convinced it must be you trolling me about dopey.

I legit saw a guy in a large lime green hoodie and a floppy winter hat running through my park this weekend and I was at least 75.87% convinced it must be you trolling me about dopey.
I am sorry but I am sitting here laughing at this comment. That is hilarious.

:scratchin

:idea:

:sad2:

Still nope.... :sad1:

But at least we've got Chicago!

Perfect! I appreciate all the help as I move into another discipline that I've got zero experience in.

Yes!! Which almost makes it okay that you won't be at marathon weekend...almost. :(

You're signing up for Dopey. No need to deflect to you. ;)

Did someone say Dopey?
giphy.gif

So should I cancel all the other marathons I'm running after October this year? (I kid, I kid!)

Excellent use of made up statistics!!!

anigif_sub-buzz-15874-1511867774-8.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter