Tokyo Disney Sea Mystery Solving

stitch love

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I went to Tokyo Disney resort last week. I found an attraction there that I didn’t know about before, so I’ll share it with you today!

This attraction is at Disney Sea and is called “Fortress Explorations The Leonardo Challenge”

This is an interactive attraction where visitors solve riddle and complete missions using a map as a clue!

There are about three different types of maps, all with different answers. It was a very fun attraction where we could go to different places while exploring and solving puzzles along with the beautiful scenery of Disney Sea.

My friend and I solves one riddle together, and it was more challenging and fun than I had imagined, as we go lost and the answers were difficult.

If you have a chance to go, you may try all kinds of maps!

It seems that the hours vary depending on the season, so if you have a chance to try, go for it!!

I haven't done it since before this year's refresh of the attraction. Assuming there were only minor changes, there should be 4 maps entirely in Japanese.

I think one confusing thing is that there are actually multiple "outs" such that for some maps, there will be a step that can send you in different directions but those paths all end up leading you to the same end point.

I have a hard time fitting it into my day since shows and other things are often only during the day also.

I've been studying Japanese, but I learned on my last trip that I don't know nearly enough Kanji to actually read things. This area was closed on my first visit to TDL, but I'll at least wander through next time. There's just no hope that my reading skills will be ready!

I've been studying Japanese, but I learned on my last trip that I don't know nearly enough Kanji to actually read things. This area was closed on my first visit to TDL, but I'll at least wander through next time. There's just no hope that my reading skills will be ready!

The maps all have furigana. I think someone who could pass N4 should be able do it if they were willing to look up a few words on their phone. There's a bit of video which may be a bit more difficult to understand though.

I took a year of Japanese in college, way too long ago, and have been studying again for a while. I am mostly doing conversational. The kanji are so numerous and difficult. I plan to remember a few key ones for transportation and emergencies. I am probably going to concentrate on the hiragana and katakana for restaurant menus. Will definitely be using Google translate for some things. I don't think we will try this, seeing as I am the only one in our family who knows any Japanese. I might be brave enough to try to make a restaurant reservation over the phone though. I think I can manage to say the date, time, and how many people :rotfl2:

Is this only in Japanese, or is there an English version available?
I think only Japanese is available.
When other guests asked the staff the same question, they were told that Japanese was the only language available.
But there were also guests with their parents and children using the translator.
I hope tokyo disney sea make an English version of the map so that everyone can participate in this attraction.

I haven't done it since before this year's refresh of the attraction. Assuming there were only minor changes, there should be 4 maps entirely in Japanese.

I think one confusing thing is that there are actually multiple "outs" such that for some maps, there will be a step that can send you in different directions but those paths all end up leading you to the same end point.

I have a hard time fitting it into my day since shows and other things are often only during the day also.
I see that there are four types! Thank you for giving me the right information. That's right! I was very impatient because they also asvised that it would be hard to find them when it was dark. It's very hard to manage time.

We did this in November- map was only available in Japanese. We used google translate on our phone, but then we ended up googling it and finding an english map translation already available online. Honestly it is not hard to understand what to do at all once you get the basic premise of how the game works.

I think only Japanese is available.
When other guests asked the staff the same question, they were told that Japanese was the only language available.
But there were also guests with their parents and children using the translator.
I hope tokyo disney sea make an English version of the map so that everyone can participate in this attraction.
I'd love to try this. During my trip in 2017 I explored the Fort a bit and it's fantastic. I love escape rooms- kind of things, this would be really up my street.
Has anyone tried to use Google lens or however it's called now to translate the map? But I guess if video and audio is involved at some point it's hard anyway.
Maybe a website with a walkthrough? I'd find it enjoyable even if someone just tells me what's going on and give me the solutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter