Too obsessed?

jvattes

Loves the planning as much as being there!
So I have been spending a great deal of my free time on the DIS and planning the details of our trip in July. I'm thinking I'm spending too much time...

Last night I was watching the Bruins game and it was getting toward my bedtime ;) and I started to nod off. It had been some time since the B's had made a goal and in one of those nodding-off-twilight-dreams I thought, "Maybe they should have got a FP+ for that."

I need an intervention....

You're not the only one. I have 51 days until I go and I can't stop thinking about my trip. I also can't stop talking about it.

I'm not sure that's even possible. I don't have a current trip planned but I'm still mentally planning for the next one. Planning is half the fun!! :banana:

Also, hey CNYDisneyFan, I graduated from Liverpool!!

Same here... with the addition of Elsa & Anna FP, SW dining and waiting for SDMT and BOG FP+ for lunch.. I've planned, replanned, stalked, replanned and planned again!!! Now I'm afraid to "step away from the DIS boards" because I may miss some big announcement!!!!:coffee:

I've been planning my Aug 2015 trip since last year. I've dreamed about different ropedrop situations. I have at least half of my ADRs already planned (restraining myself on planning the other half so my brother and who ever else is coming with us has a say). I'm fascinated by all the changes in FP+. Every time something is changed I immediately think about how that will effect my trip (I also have a lot of the FP's planned though I'm preventing myself from thinking about times). I've taken in so much information that I've become the Disney expert in my family even through my trip last year was my first time back to Disney since the year AK opened.

I can't wait until my family decided if we are going anywhere for the summer so I can hopefully find something else to fixate on. (Though one of the options I proposed is going to CA and if that happens I'm definitely hitting DL)

My family is off to Disney next week.

Less than one month later, we're 180 days from start of winter holiday festivities. We already have an outline. Planning is half the fun.:banana:

So I have been spending a great deal of my free time on the DIS and planning the details of our trip in July. I'm thinking I'm spending too much time...

Last night I was watching the Bruins game and it was getting toward my bedtime ;) and I started to nod off. It had been some time since the B's had made a goal and in one of those nodding-off-twilight-dreams I thought, "Maybe they should have got a FP+ for that."

I need an intervention....
~LOL. Yes, you do!!! This sounds like those Disney youtube commercials that show the family trying to use their magic bands at home to open the door and stuff! :lmao: I'm totally obsessed, too!

They say it's very healthy to think about and plan travel. The effect doesn't last long once you get back to work though :)

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/18/how-vacations-affect-your-happiness
~Thanks for the link. I totally agree with this. I think the best corporation are the ones who value and force their employees to take a vacation. I know, they are rare! It's sad, how the US is the only advanced economy that doesn't require employers to provide paid vacation time for their employees.

~Anyway, I especially love planning Disney vacations! For me, it really is half the fun! :cool1:

My DS3 asks every night at dinner how long it is until we go on Haunted Mansion again. He dreams about it at night. :thumbsup2

My husband thinks I am a nut job because I am looking at Disney stuff every night and our trip isn't until December! :yay:

My husband thinks I am a nut job because I am looking at Disney stuff every night and our trip isn't until December! :yay:

Welcome to my world. I text my BFF the countdown every day. The best part is, I have to spell everything to my husband because my son doesn't know about the trip yet. Only problem is, he can spell Mickey!!

Add me to the list of nut jobs!! We are heading down in December, and I'm constantly in planning mode! We plan to tell our girls this weekend! We were trying to hold out until the day we left, but my mom let the cat out of the bag. They are all getting suspicious and asking questions!

Any ideas for a quick reveal?!?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome to my world. I text my BFF the countdown every day. The best part is, I have to spell everything to my husband because my son doesn't know about the trip yet. Only problem is, he can spell Mickey!!

For these sorts of situations - as my daughter can spell now too! - my husband and I often use big words and long sentences to communicate. EG:

"During the familial expedition to the abode of the beloved rodent, the offspring can anticipate obtaining products of intake at 20th Century Large Public Green Area Nutrition."

Add me to the list of nut jobs!! We are heading down in December, and I'm constantly in planning mode! We plan to tell our girls this weekend! We were trying to hold out until the day we left, but my mom let the cat out of the bag. They are all getting suspicious and asking questions!

Any ideas for a quick reveal?!?

As a family one Sunday after lunch, we watched one of those shows on Travel Channel about WDW, knowing the kids would ask when we could go again. When they asked - we told them :)

As a family one Sunday after lunch, we watched one of those shows on Travel Channel about WDW, knowing the kids would ask when we could go again. When they asked - we told them :)

I like that! I may have to pull out old trip photos or the planning DVD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter