Toothsome-Need tips for getting in at dinner

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
We will be at Universal May 25, 26 and 27. We really want to eat at Toothsome for dinner. I dont think they take reservations. Do we just show up and wait? Any tips on getting in with out having to wait for 2 hours? I kind of thought about going really late and just having appetizers and a milkshake. I also read there is a bar upstairs. Is is first come / first serve seating? If so, that might be a good option....yes??

Any input and tips are appreciated....

No reservations -they take your name when you arrive. It's very popular. I've seen less of a line at lunch probably because everyone is in the parks.

I don't know what time the wait subsides to grab something in the evening because after the parks close many people hit the restaurants too.

At dinnertime 5-7:30 it was well over an hours wait both times we were there. If you are staying at one of the universal deluxe hotels (keycard in hand as proof) the wait time is cut in half.

There is a very small bar upstairs which seats about 8 people. When we have been there the bar seats have all been full. No one came or left so I'm not sure how the bar seating works.

I don't think it would be worth the wait just for an appetizer and dessert.

We really enjoyed our meal both times and the place is really fun! Upstairs is a bit less fernetic then downstairs. I wouldn't want to eat outside because part of the fun is the decor.

You MUST save room for dessert!! Just amazing concoctions and so difficult to choose.

We went a week ago at dinner time (can't remember, but it was around 6:30ish?), and the wait was only 10 minutes. Maybe we got lucky? A holiday weekend might be tougher.

We tried on a busy Saturday night and it was almost a 2-hour wait. We opted for a different meal. We went back the next day for Sunday lunch and waited less than 5 minutes. That could be a back-up plan.

We really loved our midday break from the parks that day. We (5 of us) shared several entrees and then 3 desserts.

PHXscuba

Lunch is definitely easier, especially if you get there soon after opening. You could try an early dinner. If you just want dessert, a shake or sundae, you can get those to go from downstairs or a window, I think. I haven't tried the hotel priority seating, but I would definitely give that a try too.

Go at off times (4:30 ish for dinner is a good time to go) Memorial Day weekend will be crowded and you just need to be patient :-)

Edited to add....if you are staying onsite at Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel or Portfolio Bay you can let the host/hostess know. You get priority seating

We've been three times now, including Labor Day weekend, and the longest we've waited is 30 minutes at dinner (around 7pm). I don't think the wait times are nearly as long as they were when they first opened. There is also the to go counter which is much quicker if you just want to try a shake. The bar upstairs is first come first serve seating but relatively small considering the size of the restaurant. Its also away from the main action and atmosphere of the restaurant. We waited at the bar and had a drink while waiting to be seated, and I think everyone at the bar with us was doing the same. So you might have to hang out and wait for a seat at the bar when someone gets up.

We ended up going on Saturday over memorial day weekend. The park closed at 10 pm and we headed over to the restaurant. We waited about 45 minutes. It was worth it and the milkshakes were yummy and pretty :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter