Top 3 Cities In the US , that you havent been, but want to

He knows how heat bothers me and he says the heat in Miami is far worse than the heat in Central FL. He says I simply couldn't take it.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with your DH. We lived in Tampa for 17 years. I actually loved it there. IMO, the weather in the Miami area is the only thing that is superior to the Tampa area. I also think the Tampa weather is better than the weather in Central Florida. I actually wore a sweater all the time the first year we lived next door to Miami, because the wind coming off the Atlantic was cool to me. The major difference in the weather is it doesn't really ever get cold in the Miami area like it does in Central & Southwest Florida. The summer months are very similar. The winter months in Miami are in the 60s & low 70s. If that's not too hot for you, you should enjoy a winter vacation here.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with your DH. We lived in Tampa for 17 years. I actually loved it there. IMO, the weather in the Miami area is the only thing that is superior to the Tampa area. I also think the Tampa weather is better than the weather in Central Florida. I actually wore a sweater all the time the first year we lived next door to Miami, because the wind coming off the Atlantic was cool to me. The major difference in the weather is it doesn't really ever get cold in the Miami area like it does in Central & Southwest Florida. The summer months are very similar. The winter months in Miami are in the 60s & low 70s. If that's not too hot for you, you should enjoy a winter vacation here.

Golly...you really are suited to heat!

Last edited:
To everyone who has New Orleans listed, definitely go! We're not into bourbon st, but the air of the whole city is thick with history, we loved it there. Cafe Beignet on Royal St. had the best beignets and cafe au lait in our opinion. And don't just stick to the French Quarter, go to the Garden District (where we like to stay) and Magazine St. Also take a cemetery tour!

My cities are:
Boston (and Salem, which I'm cheating by including, but it isn't far away)
NYC
Bangor, Maine (Stephen King fan here)

I've never been to the Northeast, I really just want to visit all of it.

Boston is the closest of the cities I want to go to, so Im sure I will make it, and me being a big sports fan, would love to see a game in ether The Garden or Fenway

"The Garden" is long gone. It was a great place to watch hockey, which I know you're not interested in, but was probably great for basketball too. Its replacement, TD Bank Garden, is fine, but doesn't have the atmosphere and aura of the old barn.

As someone who travelled for work for many years, I’ve been to many US cities. So I’ve technically been in my three picks, but only in the airport changing planes, so would like to go spend some time in them.

Denver
Dallas
Minneapolis/St.Paul

Boston is the closest of the cities I want to go to, so Im sure I will make it, and me being a big sports fan, would love to see a game in ether The Garden or Fenway
Fenway area is the nicer area of the two. You could walk from the garden to Fenway seeing a lot along the way. Boston is such a walkable City if you like to walk. I miss that here in California.

Washington, DC. Never been there. Would love to spend a few days just seeing all the museums and touring the historical buildings.

New Orleans. The first thing I'd probably do is head straight for Cafe du Monde.

Orlando. Never been, but mostly it would be about the surrounding area.

Lived in Austin, TX for two years from 1970 to 1972 to attend U of Tex. It was a nice compact place, clean, easy to get around and not a lot of traffic. Went back about ten years ago for my nephew's wedding and it was AWFUL. So much traffic that we were hours late to the rehearsal dinner and couldn't find it after all (just went to the hotel). Of course they picked SXSW weekend for the wedding and that didn't help a bit. Told my two nieces that if they were getting married in the near future, I hoped it wouldn't be in Austin because I was never, ever going back to that city again. Never.

Best part of New Orleans is not the French Quarter. It's Audubon Park.

Best part of Bangor, ME, was the lobster that you can find almost everywhere and not that expensive. We ate so much lobster and still couldn't get full of it. Plus it was a short hop to Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor.

I'd like to visit some of the National Parks I haven't been to yet. Like Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Yosemite, Dry Tortugas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter