Top 3 songs that hit you with a wave of nostalgia every time you hear them?

An instrumental version of "Got to get you into my life" played on a synthesizer from an album called "Switched on Beatles". It was the theme music we used for our news at my College radio station way back in 1975.

A few years ago my children were horrified at how many vinyl albums and CDs I own of Beatles' music, and not a single one was performed by the Beatles. Guess what I got for Christmas from them that year?

Jeez......how old ARE you? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Actually, I like that song too, reminds me of the infield at Churchill Downs. :)

That's why for me as well.
Once I hear I immediately hits ne with a wave of nostalgia
It is probably almost the only song that can make me cry everytime I hear it.
Been to the Belmont once, and would never go again.
But Id love to see the Derby.

Another vote for Boston More than a Feeling, The Eagles Hotel California, and the one that triggers the most memories is Gerry Rafferty Baker Street. Bought a used 69 Camaro in 1978 from a neighbor, transferred the title at the DMV, got in the car to drive home, and switched on the radio to hear Baker Street.

The Show Must Go On, by Three Dog Night. It has a calliope in parts, and my sister and I used to dance in circles in front of the 8-Track player after our bath at night. I can still smell the Johnson's Baby Powder and the feel of my damp hair.

what a great memory

A few years ago my children were horrified at how many vinyl albums and CDs I own of Beatles' music, and not a single one was performed by the Beatles. Guess what I got for Christmas from them that year?

This reminds me of back around 1964 or 65 my older brother begging my parents to get him a Beatles album. They eventually gave in and got him some crappy album by a knockoff band named something like The Liverpool Lads. He immediately knew it was fake. I think his first authentic Beatles album was Rubber Soul.

Sugar, Sugar - The Archie's. For some reason we loved to play this old 45 and dance around when we were kids.

Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty. Reminds me of when I first got my license, driving around with my friends.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen. My cousin and I used to sing this all the time when we were tweens. We have an old video tape from the 90s in a WDW hotel room of us singing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter