Topolinos no longer allows more than one entree?

Ok, just left Topolino's. Our waiter confirmed starting mid month they no longer offered multiple entrees. You can get extra sides like potatoes, eggs or bacon but that's about it. I mentioned to him the last 2 times we were here I got the steak with a side of quiche and he said he could still do that. I told him I didn't want him to get in trouble and he insisted it would be no problem. He also added some potatoes to my plate even though I didn't ask. He brought our entrees first then a few minutes later the quiche. Happy to report everything was delicious!
Sounds to me it will be a krap shoot and depend on the CM at the time. The inconsistency will probably cause problems. We’ll haveto see how long it lasts. Thanks for the report.

I wonder if I could get a waffle and fruit as a side since I don’t want the bacon or meat alternative 🤔

I would normally not give such a strong opinion on a topic, but between the two...Chef Mickey's is NOTHING compared to Topolinos. I believe you're paying the same price but the food at Chef Mickey's is sub-par, compared to Topolinos.

We were really disappointed at our last Chef Mickey's breakfast. Not even the waffles were as good as they used to be. Granted, it was juuuust before the buffet returned, so I don't know if it is better or not, but the characters are cuter at Topolinos, spend more time, have the cute song and dance around the restaurant and all the tables can see it.

Chef Mickey's needs to step up their game if they want to even come close to the value of Topolino's and I can't even believe I'm arguing for the price of this breakfast.....

There is a breakfast in NYC that is known to be one of the most expensive. I forget...I think in Le Parker Meridien, and I believe our Topolino's breakfast cost us more!!!!

Chef Mickey food has been mediocre AT BEST for decades. You are paying for the Mickey & friends characters and close (walkable) proximity to the Magic Kingdom. It's never been about the food and never will be. They won't ever have the quality of Topolino's, especially since they can sell that restaurant out with their current food.

A quick addition to my last post. I think even if our waiter couldn't bring the quiche it would have still been worth it. With the offer of sides of potatoes, bacon or eggs along with your main entree and pastry basket there will be plenty of food. Taking into consideration the food quality, excellent service and possibly the best character interaction on property I still think it was money well spent, well by Disney standards that is.

It was also heartening to see the number of managers actively involved in making things run smoothly.

Chef Mickey food has been mediocre AT BEST for decades. You are paying for the Mickey & friends characters and close (walkable) proximity to the Magic Kingdom. It's never been about the food and never will be. They won't ever have the quality of Topolino's, especially since they can sell that restaurant out with their current food.
I completely agree.

I believe we went during COVID when there were limited breakfast options available and it was actually better than we had remembered, so we tried it again since they were doing the same family style type breakfast there, but it went back downhill.

We rotate this one in once in blue when we are staying at a monorail resort. We like big breakfasts, snacks during the day and Signatures at night and depending on what age kids we have with us, we don't mind a character meal or two, but we have been avoiding this one for years until Covid and then were just disappointed yet again.

Went to Topolinos yesterday (Monday) and our server confirmed that they can no longer offer the half entree or side in addition with the meal. She did say they were exploring offering sides for a surcharge.

Edit: it is still plenty of food for us and our server did offer refills on pastry basket. Not getting the side is not a deal breaker for us since I think I ate it not because I wanted it or was hungry enough but because they offered it

Last edited:
I went to Topolino’s last week. Our waiter was great. I don’t eat most meat or meat alternatives really (I don’t like the taste) so I asked if I could get fruit with my waffle instead of the bacon and I was able to get it. There definitely was enough food. There was 7 of us and we got 2 of the pastries

I went last week and my husband was able to get a side of avocado toast with his traditional breakfast (or whatever he ordered).

FYI for those with under 3, there is nothing complimentary so either they will need to eat off your plate or you will have to buy them a meal.

This was the best fur character breakfast I've ever been to.

I went to Topolino’s last week. Our waiter was great. I don’t eat most meat or meat alternatives really (I don’t like the taste) so I asked if I could get fruit with my waffle instead of the bacon and I was able to get it. There definitely was enough food. There was 7 of us and we got 2 of the pastries
This is what I was wondering...if they allow substitutions rather than extras? I guess it depends on the server but this gives me hope. Thanks

This is what I was wondering...if they allow substitutions rather than extras? I guess it depends on the server but this gives me hope. Thanks
I would guess also depends on what you want. my guess fruit instead of a meat but not sure about say bacon instead of fruit

FYI for those with under 3, there is nothing complimentary so either they will need to eat off your plate or you will have to buy them a meal.
This would be a change, too. We've dined there 10-12 times before my DS turned 3 and he got his own kid's meal each time.

I would guess also depends on what you want. my guess fruit instead of a meat but not sure about say bacon instead of fruit
Yes. My daughter prefers egg to the potatoes with her steak so I'm hoping they'll do this. Paying adult price for a 10 year old is bad enough, but if she can't get her eggs it'll be a disaster!

I went last week and my husband was able to get a side of avocado toast with his traditional breakfast (or whatever he ordered).

This was the best fur character breakfast I've ever been to.
This would be a change, too. We've dined there 10-12 times before my DS turned 3 and he got his own kid's meal each time.

But it is not a change, it is enforcing what the policy has been for decades.

Children under 3 can eat what they want off a buffet, but at set meals the child eats off the adults platter or you pay to order them food.

Perhaps we are seeing the beginning of tightening up all these loose strings and lack of consistency that have been happening. I think we all remember Ms Rude, Disney CFO Christine McCarthy discussing that one way the company will save money is reducing the amount of food they are serving. This one is an easy move, stick to already existing policy. If Disney is asked they share the policy.

A few years ago from planDisney regarding this issue, and you'll see it repeated at most Disney Blog Sites -

"I'm pleased to tell you that children under the age of 3 may eat for free at restaurants that feature an all-you-care-to-enjoy menu like Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill Restaurant. These dining locations serve family-style, meaning that shared platters will be brought to your table. Your little one is most welcome to share in all that yumminess at no charge! At restaurants with a traditional menu that features multiple entrée options, children under the age of 3 may share from an adult's plate at no charge, or order something from the children's menu and be charged for the cost of that entrée."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter