Topolinos no longer allows more than one entree?

We have an upcoming reservation there and an almost but not yet 3 year old who eats like a horse šŸ˜‚ Generally he just eats off my plate and shares with his sister (who never eats her full meal anyway)or we order him (and pay for) a side of some kind for him. Does this mean we couldn't order a side of eggs that we are happy to pay for? Does he have to eat off other plates or pay the full price? It doesn't sway our decision to eat here but I'd like to be prepared in this case and just bring along some extra snacks.
We didn't specifically ask about ordering a side only, but they don't currently have a la carte prices listed for sides on the menu and our server didn't mention an option to buy just a side for our toddler, only the option to share off our plate or to order him his own full child plate at the full children's price, so I think the options are currently to order him a whole plate or bring some extra snacks for him, if sharing off of your plates won't be enough for him.

We didn't specifically ask about ordering a side only, but they don't currently have a la carte prices listed for sides on the menu and our server didn't mention an option to buy just a side for our toddler, only the option to share off our plate or to order him his own full child plate at the full children's price, so I think the options are currently to order him a whole plate or bring some extra snacks for him, if sharing off of your plates won't be enough for him.

Thanks! I think he'll probably be fine eating off our plates, or sharing with his sister. I just always like to be prepared!

Our server told us that the abuse of the previous policy is what brought about the change. She told us about a party of four that ordered one entree and six sides each, a total of 28 items. That was the order that forced the change.
I read a review here where the reviewer & his wife ordered everything on the menu, between the two of them. It's not surprising they started limiting what you can order.

Topolinoā€™s breakfast was on my wish list, but I no longer think it offers enough value. I wouldnā€™t have abused the privilege of ordering way extra food, but the ability to order a side of something was a huge selling point for me. Iā€™ll likely pick another character meal instead. Itā€™s a shame that otherā€™s gluttony has to ruin it for everyone.

Topolinoā€™s breakfast was on my wish list, but I no longer think it offers enough value. I wouldnā€™t have abused the privilege of ordering way extra food, but the ability to order a side of something was a huge selling point for me. Iā€™ll likely pick another character meal instead. Itā€™s a shame that otherā€™s gluttony has to ruin it for everyone.
It was inevitable. Good deals always come to an end.

Just got back yesterday and ate at topo on Tuesday. This was the only disappointing experience we had all week. The characters we amazing but other than that Iā€™m really disappointed to say that this restaurant is really slipping. Didnā€™t try to order an extra entree but wanted to make a slight adjustment to the meal for my 4 year old (add one egg to the meal and was willing to pay) and was refused. Food was good but certainly not as great as it once was as I have been there 3 other times. I always feel disney service is spectacular but this experience was not good at all. We had been hearing tough things from friend about this restaurant and Iā€™m so sorry to confirm. There was a ton a reservations available throughout the week so itā€™s pretty clear this restaurant is starting to slip and at these prices that cannot happen. Hope this helps.

Just got back yesterday and ate at topo on Tuesday. This was the only disappointing experience we had all week. The characters we amazing but other than that Iā€™m really disappointed to say that this restaurant is really slipping. Didnā€™t try to order an extra entree but wanted to make a slight adjustment to the meal for my 4 year old (add one egg to the meal and was willing to pay) and was refused. Food was good but certainly not as great as it once was as I have been there 3 other times. I always feel disney service is spectacular but this experience was not good at all. We had been hearing tough things from friend about this restaurant and Iā€™m so sorry to confirm. There was a ton a reservations available throughout the week so itā€™s pretty clear this restaurant is starting to slip and at these prices that cannot happen. Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing I think Iā€™ll cancel my reservation for May.

We have booked four character meals for our trip next month - Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House and Topolino's. We are also thinking of canceling Topolino's; my husband is a big eater and looking at some of the recent photos of the steak, imagine he will be quite disappointed with the serving size. Despite lower quality food, our two year old can also get anything she wants from the buffet at the other locations. Paying an additional 36.00 (including tax and tip) for a two year old to eat one waffle is just a bit more than I can manage.

What was the justification for not letting you pay for an extra egg?? That seems so odd!

We are thinking about cancelling and switching to something else too. One (really silly, I know) reason is that for the plant based 'pastries', they only have the wheat stalk bread, no other kind of pastry assortment. Before the change was announced, we were planning on ordering a fruit plate for the table to add a little something. I know the quality of the food is on the better side, but I think we might leave a little hungry.

We always ate here for breakfast at every trip. This is our first trip that we are not. Booked Cape May instead. We probably won't eat at Topolino's until we hear that things have changed for the better.

I can understand their policy change in offering the additional entrees given the abuse but I do think they should offer items ala carte.
Abuse? $41 is a decent chunk of change for breakfast IMO. Most people can only eat a semi small amount first thing in the morning.

A single serving of French toast/ pancakes or even Steak and eggs should cost no more than $30. If a few people order an extra serving of fruit or meat, what is the big deal?

Abuse? $41 is a decent chunk of change for breakfast IMO. Most people can only eat a semi small amount first thing in the morning.

A single serving of French toast/ pancakes or even Steak and eggs should cost no more than $30. If a few people order an extra serving of fruit or meat, what is the big deal?
The ā€œabuseā€ I was referring to was the reports of way more than just a ā€œfew guestsā€œ ordering multiple entrees not just an extra item or twoā€¦there was even a report with a party of 4 ordering 2 breakfasts to split and then ordering multiple extrasā€¦in general I guess people were basically ordering what they considered their ā€œmoneyā€™s worthā€. I think if had just been a few people ordering extra items maybe it wouldnā€™t have been an issue. I agree that $45 is a lot to pay for a plate of breakfast food but your also paying a significant amount for the charactersā€¦

What was the justification for not letting you pay for an extra egg?? That seems so odd!
It was a simple ā€œwe canā€™t do thatā€. We didnā€™t push it so I canā€™t say that this is their official policy or if this server was just not having a good day.

We also ate at Ohana and it was the complete opposite experience, they could not do enough to make it the perfect breakfast.

It was a simple ā€œwe canā€™t do thatā€. We didnā€™t push it so I canā€™t say that this is their official policy or if this server was just not having a good day.

We also ate at Ohana and it was the complete opposite experience, they could not do enough to make it the perfect breakfast.
We have a breakfast res at Ohana so thanks for sharing!!

Wow thatā€™s crazy. We went the end of February, I think 2/23, after they made the change. My nephew wanted avocado toast - just literally smeared avocado on a piece of toast - and they got it for him. I also was able to get a side of fruit with my waffle. Our waiter was excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter