Topolinos no longer allows more than one entree?

Actually it was even worse than I remembered..I went back and found the post it was a party of 4 that ordered one entree and extras..
View attachment 748884
How in the world did this happen? They sat four and they should have told them they were being charged for four? Any server who allowed should have been fired so I'm going with perhaps this server was exaggerating with they only ordered one. I mean even if they paid for 4 and ordered 24 more sides it was wrong and could have been the final straw.

How in the world did this happen? They sat four and they should have told them they were being charged for four? Any server who allowed should have been fired so I'm going with perhaps this server was exaggerating with they only ordered one. I mean even if they paid for 4 and ordered 24 more sides it was wrong and could have been the final straw.
After having found this post and read it again I agree with you!

After having found this post and read it again I agree with you!
Or maybe server said they only paid for one (as in each) but then ordered 24 more dishes, and it just sounded like one total. Still insane to expect or even to fulfill. If I were a server and they did that I'd be going straight to my manager and let them sign off on it or talked to guests to tell them that is excessive.

Actually it was even worse than I remembered..I went back and found the post it was a party of 4 that ordered one entree and extras..
View attachment 748884

No, it says “1 entree & 6 sides EACH”. So 4 entrees & 24 sides. Obviously if only 1 person had an entree, the other 3 could not order sides. Still ridiculous. But why would the server not discuss with manager at the time?

edit: it even says total of 28 items. That equals 4 entrees + 24 sides.

Last edited:
View attachment 748884
I don’t think they meant the party split one entree and then ordered a bunch of sides, it seems they meant each person ordered an entree PLUS six sides each (4 ppl x 7 items each = 28 total).

Or maybe server said they only paid for one (as in each) but then ordered 24 more dishes, and it just sounded like one total. Still insane to expect or even to fulfill. If I were a server and they did that I'd be going straight to my manager and let them sign off on it or talked to guests to tell them that is excessive.
🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes I agree! I would feel guilty for taking advantage of a situation like that beyond what would be considered reasonable. Also they couldn’t possibly have eaten all that, what a waste of food.
I read one post where people asked to take all of the extra food home that they couldn’t finish

I have thought a lot about the change and decided to keep the reservation even though it is for seven people. The quality of food and having it served to our table and the beauty of the setting is a big plus, but the joy of our grandchildren with interaction with the characters is the most important. We pay $$ for lightning lanes, and I consider this part of that type of cost.

I have never been here. How is dinner? The menu doesn’t seem like my kind of tea but I’m sure it’s all very good.

Have a reservation during firework time. I assume you can see them?

I went in November 2022 and had a fabulous experience. I can't say that I am surprised with the "new" change. While I definitely took advantage of ordering three items while I was there, at least this new policy is consistent. That was one thing I noticed when reading reviews for this place was that your experience differed based on what your CM would allow. It is a hefty price tag but I do think the character interaction and food quality (now that it's not so much quantity) still makes it worth booking an ADR for.

I'm glad we got to experience this prior to the change. We were there in November and were allowed to order 1 small side. The food and character interaction was amazing. It was one of the first character meals my husband felt was worth the price tag. It would have been nice if they could have just made the policy firm in that you were allowed to order 1 small side only. Or keep the add-on sides to things like eggs, potatoes, bacon vs small portions of the entrees. I do wonder how this order extra even started? Do they allow you to order extra or add sides at Cinderella's Royal Table (that's the only other comparable character breakfast I can think of that isn't AYCE)?

My DH and I ate at Topolino's before the change, and we ate there again this past week. On this most recent visit, I ordered the quiche. He ordered the waffles with bacon. We shared, so we each had quiche, potatoes, waffles and bacon. With all that plus the pastries, we had more than we could eat. The food was all delicious, and the atmosphere is just so relaxing. We love the views! We consider this a must-do every trip, even with the change.

The way the original post reads, each one of the four ordered an entree and then each ordered 6 side portions. if I recall, their goal was to order everything on the menu.

I am on the fence about cancelling our May breakfast reservation. We had a lovely meal last year and this year we are staying at Riviera so we were looking forward to being able to order an extra side or two and are willing to pay for the privilege. I will keep an eye on this thread.

I have never been here. How is dinner? The menu doesn’t seem like my kind of tea but I’m sure it’s all very good.

Have a reservation during firework time. I assume you can see them?
The dinner food reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and you can see fireworks from multiple parks.

I am on the fence about cancelling our May breakfast reservation. We had a lovely meal last year and this year we are staying at Riviera so we were looking forward to being able to order an extra side or two and are willing to pay for the privilege. I will keep an eye on this thread.
speak with your wallet! I don't think it's worth it. There are others that obviously disagree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter