Totally goofed on Oga's...tips?

joymo

Earning My Ears
Our family has been to Disneyland a number of times, but we've never really spent our playtime on eating! We've always been the grab-and-go bunch and get by on churros and quick eats from the carts. With that being said, I didn't realize that the dining reservations were such a big deal!

I know Oga's Cantina is more of an experience than anything so it looks like reservations here are limited and go very quickly. I signed up for one of those paid alert services, but so far, it hasn't panned out.

I read about a mobile walk-up list option. Does anyone know if there is even a glimmer of hope in getting into Oga's with this option? And a follow up question on the mobile walk-ups, does anyone know if this can be checked on throughout the park or if you need to be in the vicinity of the restaurant?

Thank you to all of you in advance!

Oga’s frequently has availability via walkup. If it’s unavailable when you check, it could open up at any time so just keep checking.

It’s worth noting that Oga’s is a bar, not a restaurant. They have a few snacks but it’s mostly drinks. Walkups will likely be seated at standing tables, but if you do get a booth it’s shared with other people.

I did walk-up via the virtual queue just the other day. It was easy, got on the list, short wait (30 mins of chilling in GE), and then in.

It is a bar, so you'll have a drink and enjoy the atmosphere and then be ready to leave. You'll most likely be standing, also. And yeah, virtually no food (although the warm bread with spreads looked pretty tasty!).

Oga's isn't a long relaxing table service place. There isn't much food there at all. You are going for the experience of being inside the cantina, but it's a one and done. If you are a Star Wars fan, I would reccomend it, but keep in mind that it is mainly for drinks, not a full meal or a decent snack.

Don’t give up hope on the alerts. Do you have multiple times set up? Last year I made all my reservations through alerts including a couple at Oga’s, LL and BB.

Oga's isn't a long relaxing table service place. There isn't much food there at all. You are going for the experience of being inside the cantina, but it's a one and done. If you are a Star Wars fan, I would reccomend it, but keep in mind that it is mainly for drinks, not a full meal or a decent snack.

Yeah, they yell at you to leave when your time’s up 😂

I signed up for one of those paid alert services, but so far, it hasn't panned out.
How close are you to your trip? My alert services started blowing up the week of our trip and then during our trip. Also, log in and make sure your alerts are still showing as "active". I had issues on one of the websites with them making it inactive after I got an alert.

While you are, try to get on the walk in list on the app in the morning. If you cant, check on the walk in list on the app a lot - things open up. Also, even if it is showing no availability on the app, go up and ask them. Especially later in the evening, the app was showing no walk ins, but we saw lots of people walk up and ask and they put them in a line to get in.

I don't even bother trying to get reservations for Oga's anymore. We only do walkup and have never failed to get in.

How close are you to your trip? My alert services started blowing up the week of our trip and then during our trip. Also, log in and make sure your alerts are still showing as "active". I had issues on one of the websites with them making it inactive after I got an alert.

While you are, try to get on the walk in list on the app in the morning. If you cant, check on the walk in list on the app a lot - things open up. Also, even if it is showing no availability on the app, go up and ask them. Especially later in the evening, the app was showing no walk ins, but we saw lots of people walk up and ask and they put them in a line to get in.
We leave in a week! I got a alert today and we're set!

Congrats! Whatever you do, do not order the Coruscant Cooler. We absolutely hated it. Several people at our table mentioned the same. One person who frequently visits said she hasn't heard of anyone who actually liked it.

Slightly beside the topic: what about trader sam‘s? Absolutely no way to get reservations. Checked right at the 60 day mark and multiple alerts set up as well.

Congrats! Whatever you do, do not order the Coruscant Cooler. We absolutely hated it. Several people at our table mentioned the same. One person who frequently visits said she hasn't heard of anyone who actually liked it.
Thanks for the heads up! I actually don't see that on the menu right now, so maybe it got the boot!

Any that you'd recommend?

Slightly beside the topic: what about trader sam‘s? Absolutely no way to get reservations. Checked right at the 60 day mark and multiple alerts set up as well.
They don't have reservations often, and usually they don't have them at 60 days. Just do walk up.

I did walk-up via the virtual queue just the other day. It was easy, got on the list, short wait (30 mins of chilling in GE), and then in.

It is a bar, so you'll have a drink and enjoy the atmosphere and then be ready to leave. You'll most likely be standing, also. And yeah, virtually no food (although the warm bread with spreads looked pretty tasty!).
Do they even still have the bread? Couldn't find it on the menu anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter