Totally Objective and Scientific Poll: Which is better - monorail or skyliner?

Which is better?

• Monorail

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • Skyline

Votes: 99 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
Let’s settle the question of which is better in a completely objective fashion. Once the poll is done, any of us will be able to casually dismiss someone’s wrong opinion by simply stating “Excuse me, actually you are in error, the __________ is better” and referencing this poll. This will of course foster improved comradery as the previously ignorant person will see his mistake, and thank you for correcting them on the issue.

Last edited:
Let’s settle the question of which is better in a completely objective fashion. Once the poll is done, any of us will be able to casually dismiss someone’s wrong opinion by simply stating “Excuse me, actually you are in error, the __________ is better” and referencing this poll. This will of course foster improved comradery as the previously ignorant person will see his mistake, and thank them for correcting them on the issue.
It's called "Skyliner," not "Skyline" so we're off to a bad start.

😉

Love them both. But Skyliner is so quick to Studio and Epcot. If there is a reason for stoppage, buses are provided.

we own at 2 monorail resorts and 1 skyline(r) resort and I voted Skyline(R)

monorail is the original classic mode of transportation and has a/c
skyliner is just a ski life gondola in Florida with no a/c

both are awesome, I just prefer hearing "¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!”.

After two trips at Rivera…I am loving the Skyliner! It’s such a cool experience. I have watch the Epcot Fireworks while riding back to the resort!!✨💫

But I own at BLT. I will be at Poly in September, so maybe me opinion will change.😎👍🏻

I love riding thru the Contemporary on the monorail. We were on the skyliner last October to check out the riviera and it's fun but I still voted for the monorail.

I voted for the Skyliner but I love them both. I voted for the Skyliner because it's the one I use the most since my home resort is BW. To me both are attractions in themselves but the Skyliner is newer so it's still a novelty. The only down side to the Skyliner for me is when it's down due to bad weather. Both can go down for mechanical issues so that's a wash to me. I also love seeing the Skyliner when driving on Disney property, it's so colorful and fun to look at.

Skyliner. Access to Epcot via International Gate and Studios. No standing and waiting as the lines just keep moving. Pop and AoA experience are enhanced greatly, IMO. Also, the Monorail just isn`t efficient. Just my opinion.

I vote for the Skyliner. Hope they can scrape up the money to extend service to ALL the resorts and parks. The quicker the load on the bus system is relieved, the better.

My issue with the Skyliner is it works best if you're staying at CBR, which I won't be. They are pretty even though for me.

Having now ridden both: Skyliner 100%

Both do have moments that make me love them and both have moments that make me scared of them (remember when that monorail wheel fell off a few years back? Or the fact that if I’m stuck on the skyliner over water I have to evacuate a certain way?)

But I love how connected the skyliner feels. I can get to various places.

Now if they had something to go ti AK (I get that with the animals they really can’t do a lot) and to DS (love POR but it’s so far away except the boats to DS) and the water parks? I’d be happy.

Hey folks, remember that this is a scientific poll. Some guidelines to consider...

Try to avoid emotional and subjective thoughts when you pick such as:
  • I like the skyliner better than the monorail – You are free to think that, but there is no empirical data to back up this statement.
Instead try to stick to factual, verifiable evidence when you make a selection. For example:
  • The monorail connects all the best resorts to the best theme park (MK)
  • Everyone loves the monorail
  • The monorail is classic WDW transportation. It’s just the best, period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter