• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trader Sams at 3pm

If you walk through the front door of the Polynesian, walk straight through the lobby, when you get to the glass doors turn left (before you go outside), go past the stairs and curve around to the right (pass Capt Cooks)... not far down on the left is where people start to line up - literally right across the hall from the Trader Sam's door.

This place is so much fun! No to do any spoilers, lots of fun stuff goes on when certain drinks are ordered. That said it is dark and there are loud noises / lighting things that happen. So if the toddler / baby would be startled by any of that, may want to reconsider. It is a fun, loud vibe more than it is a quiet, chill vibe.
Thanks, I think we will definitely plan on trying to get in. I think my toddler would like if.

Thanks, I think we will definitely plan on trying to get in. I think my toddler would like if.
Just a heads up, a lot of the seating is high top/bar stools. We went with our 1 year old and basically just took turns holding him while the other parent sipped their drink. Still fun but that was with one baby, and you have a baby and a toddler so it may be more challenging unless the toddler is really good at sitting still on a bar stool and won’t topple over.

Is it worth it to try to go for parents for 1 drink with almost 3 year old and a baby? The baby is chill, just wondering if the place would be entertaining for a toddler? We are staying at the Polynesian so if we went it would be on a resort day. Also, what makes the place so popular? Is it the tiki vibe?
I took my three year when it opened at I think 4 at the time. She was THRILLED, it actually added to the experience. There will be other people with kids. It's Disney, of course there will be kids. We happened to get a booth.

it's not set up for toddlers, but if they are not afraid of loud noises and yelling, they should be somewhat entertained in there

Go early, no kids are allowed in there at all after 8 PM.

In terms of seating - there are tables with bench sitting all around the walls of the bar (not a very big room, though). We were at a table... regardless of where you sit, it is first come-first serve... and they encourage sharing tables and space with other folks... you may not get a table to yourselves.

Just a heads up, a lot of the seating is high top/bar stools. We went with our 1 year old and basically just took turns holding him while the other parent sipped their drink. Still fun but that was with one baby, and you have a baby and a toddler so it may be more challenging unless the toddler is really good at sitting still on a bar stool and won’t topple over.
Thank you so much, that’s important in our planning. She loves eating at our kitchen bar but the stools have padding and good size back support.

I took my three year when it opened at I think 4 at the time. She was THRILLED, it actually added to the experience. There will be other people with kids. It's Disney, of course there will be kids. We happened to get a booth.
That’s awesome! Your post made me smile. We almost went last year when she was 3 months shy of 2 years old but cancelled due to omicron. We went to the New England area (Boston, Maine and Vermont) instead. I ended up being so glad we didn’t spend our money at Disney at 21 months because she was a nightmare on the New England vacation. Terrible two’s early and I was so stressed the entire time. She’s so much more easy going now that we are getting closer to 3. We went to Charleston in June and even with the heat she was so much fun. I’m glad to hear your 3 year old was thrilled because that leans me toward going. My toddler is also in the “wonder” stage.

We attempted to go last week. Arrived at 4:45 and put out name in for 3 they said 2ish hours. We headed out for a monorail loop. Went back around 7:30 as we hadn't received a text yet. The CM stated since it was so close to 8pm we weren't going to get called because we had our daughter with us. So if you have underagers I would make sure to be there way earlier than we were.

Does anyone know what mugs they actually have available now? I have heard they have had suppply issues. Sorry to tack this on, but it seems some in this thread have been recently. Thanks.

Does anyone know what mugs they actually have available now? I have heard they have had suppply issues. Sorry to tack this on, but it seems some in this thread have been recently. Thanks.
Just texted DS. We were there end of July. The only one they had to purchase was the "HippopotoMai-Tai". We have several so didn't buy.

They did NOT have Hippopotamaitai when I was there the first week of Aug (this was the one I wanted) - you could buy the drink in the mug, but they didn't have extra mugs to sell. The drinks go with the mugs, so I was not able to order the mai-tai in a mug they had for sale (because that was also the actual drink I wanted). So, I ended up getting the Uh-Oa with my friend... I know they also had these drinks for sale with the mug you could buy at that time: Polynesian Pearl, Nautilus, Zombie... I'm not sure on the others...

They did NOT have Hippopotamaitai when I was there the first week of Aug (this was the one I wanted) - you could buy the drink in the mug, but they didn't have extra mugs to sell. The drinks go with the mugs, so I was not able to order the mai-tai in a mug they had for sale (because that was also the actual drink I wanted). So, I ended up getting the Uh-Oa with my friend... I know they also had these drinks for sale with the mug you could buy at that time: Polynesian Pearl, Nautilus, Zombie... I'm not sure on the others...

Okay, thanks!

I'm confused. You could still have ordered the mai tai if that's what you wanted to drink, you just couldn't take the mug home.

I'm confused. You could still have ordered the mai tai if that's what you wanted to drink, you just couldn't take the mug home.

I think she is saying that she wanted the Hippopotomaitai mug, but since she couldn't get that, she split an Uh-Oa with a friend and got that mug (bowl?) instead. They never serve in the mug they actually sell you - they give you a clean one in box.

I think she is saying that she wanted the Hippopotomaitai mug, but since she couldn't get that, she split an Uh-Oa with a friend and got that mug (bowl?) instead. They never serve in the mug they actually sell you - they give you a clean one in box.
She said it was also the drink she wanted, that's why I'm confused. You can still order the mai tai if they don't have the mugs to sell. Unless she definitely wanted A mug and they only stayed for one round and had to settle for something else because of that.

She said it was also the drink she wanted, that's why I'm confused. You can still order the mai tai if they don't have the mugs to sell. Unless she definitely wanted A mug and they only stayed for one round and had to settle for something else because of that.

That's what it sounded like - it was more efficient to get a drink with a mug instead of the preferred beverage without one.

We're planning on making TS a stop on an adult's only monorail crawl (my parents will take the kids for dinner!). Our plan is to start at Space 220 Lounge at 5pm, then monorail to Poly to put our name in at TS, then walk back to GF for Enchanted Rose, then monorail over to Poly for dinner at Tambu lounge and hopefully we will get called into TS by then. Finishing at Cali Grille and Halloween FWs at 10:15. Anyone think this plan will actually work?

Yep - this exactly. I wanted the Hippopotomaitai mug & drink... but I wanted a fun mug more... So I ordered the Uh-Oa so I could buy that mug. They wouldn't put the Hippopotomaitiai drink in a different/buyable mug (server's words "the mugs are tied to the drinks")... since they sell you the clean mug, I also thought it was weird, but oh well. At least the Uh-Oa was fun. :) I'll just have to go back for the Hippo one day.

Yep - this exactly. I wanted the Hippopotomaitai mug & drink... but I wanted a fun mug more... So I ordered the Uh-Oa so I could buy that mug. They wouldn't put the Hippopotomaitiai drink in a different/buyable mug (server's words "the mugs are tied to the drinks")... since they sell you the clean mug, I also thought it was weird, but oh well. At least the Uh-Oa was fun. :) I'll just have to go back for the Hippo one day.

Yes, they are kinda strict about pouring th eproper drink in the proper mug. I don't even drink but wanted a Nautiuls. Even if I paid full price they had to pour the drink. I ended up sending it to another table so I could have my mug. That ende dup being fun though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter