Traditional Port Arrival

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
Any thoughts to win/if we will ever return to the traditional format for selecting PAT's? What I mean s being able to select your time during online check-in. Perhaps when they drop testing?

Online check-in is exactly when you select your PAT. Are you hoping to go back to the system where Castaway members could check in earlier and select PATs earlier?

Yes, I selected my time for a cruise in a few weeks. I wasn't assigned one. Granted, I woke up at midnight to do the check in so I could get the earliest time to check in. The difference pre-covid was I could do a 10:30 am check in and hang out in the terminal. They didn't offer that time as I guess they don't want people or as few people as possible hanging out in the terminal.

Online check-in is exactly when you select your PAT. Are you hoping to go back to the system where Castaway members could check in earlier and select PATs earlier?
Yes I referring to that

I hope soon! I understand if Platinum can't get Boarding Group 1 anymore, but at least give us 2 now, or let us check in earlier. Taking a perk away really stinks and that was one we really took advantage of. Having lunch in an empty Cabanas was wonderful!

We sailed on NCL last month, our 3rd cruise with them, and got Boarding group A. We did better with them now than with DCL, who we have 24 cruises with. :rolleyes:

I hope soon! I understand if Platinum can't get Boarding Group 1 anymore, but at least give us 2 now, or let us check in earlier. Taking a perk away really stinks and that was one we really took advantage of. Having lunch in an empty Cabanas was wonderful!
I'm two cruises away from platinum and hope that by the time I sail platinum, this benefit will have returned. I'd love to not have to worry about PATs.

I'm two cruises away from platinum and hope that by the time I sail platinum, this benefit will have returned. I'd love to not have to worry about PATs.

Here's hoping!

I think the PATs started with the Dream in 2011. We became Platinum in 2012 so it's never really been an issue for us. We sailed last August on the first cruise out so I totally get nothing was normal. And again in February, with the testing at the port, ok I get it. But now nothing is different than before except it seems busses from the Resorts go earlier and get BG 2. Even if they keep concierge as 1, resort guests 2 and give Platinum 3 I would be fine with that. Staying up til midnight, fighting against everyone on the cruise, just hoping Disney's site works for you stinks!

What seems like such an easy fix for DCL, and would cost them nothing, would make their hard core fans happy. Win/Win?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter