Transferring FP within party?

goofyistheman

Earning My Ears
I am wondering about the ability to transfer a fast pass to another member of my family who is connected on MDE. For example, let's say that everyone in our party has FP for Expedition Everest and at the last minute Granny decides she doesn't want to ride it. Can Granny's fast pass be transferred to me so that I can ride twice, even if I have not used all three of my fast passes yet? Thanks!

I am wondering about the ability to transfer a fast pass to another member of my family who is connected on MDE. For example, let's say that everyone in our party has FP for Expedition Everest and at the last minute Granny decides she doesn't want to ride it. Can Granny's fast pass be transferred to me so that I can ride twice, even if I have not used all three of my fast passes yet? Thanks!

It sounds like Granny will be in the park. In that case you're fine - Granny hands her MB to you, and you ride. Don't even open up MDE at all! If she's not in the park, you can't use her FPs at all since her ticket wasn't used to enter.

To Change Party, Granny's FP can't be moved to you until you have used/expired all of your FPs.

Best to just use Granny's MB.

Now that rules are changing or being enforced differently, will CMs notice that my band says "James" if I switch with my family member?

Now that rules are changing or being enforced differently, will CMs notice that my band says "James" if I switch with my family member?
No; they won't care.

Nothing is being enforced at the FP touchpoint except for invalid FPs. Even if a Guest uses a FP that's not linked to a Ticket used for entry, the touchpoint still lights up green. The abuse is "flagged" in the MDE account on Disney's end.

as for will they notice the name, they never said anything to me when my son and I were my wife and daughter. Never batted an eye and we've done it multiple times as I always have to reserve fast passes not knowing if my wife will come out at night.

Can Granny's fast pass be transferred to me so that I can ride twice, even if I have not used all three of my fast passes yet?
No. I don't believe you'll be able to transfer the fastpass until you've used all three of your own, or cancelled one of your three so that the transferred takes the place of one of them. I know you can't hold two fastpasses for the same ride at the same time, but I'm not sure if the system will prevent you from transferring in a ride you've already been on. I have a hunch you'll need to burn all three before this can be transferred.

Just use Granny's magic band to go on it. It's totally okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter