Transportation from Airport

Elpmet

Earning My Ears
Hi!

My last trip to Disney World was in 2019 and at the time they still offered the free shuttle service to and from Orlando Airport.
Are my only options now a taxi, ride share or Mears Connect? And is the express service with Mears worth the increased cost? What does the standard service entail?

I'm traveling with my spouse, a 12 year old and a 9 year old and would like this to be as simple as it was when we went in 2019 - if possible!

Thank you!!! :)

The only free service was that Disney Magical Express for those staying staying at a Disney property. Disney has discontinued that free service and and now there are various paid options provided by various 3rd parties for tranportation. If you plan to do much traveling around then renting a car is also an option.

Hi!

My last trip to Disney World was in 2019 and at the time they still offered the free shuttle service to and from Orlando Airport.
Are my only options now a taxi, ride share or Mears Connect? And is the express service with Mears worth the increased cost? What does the standard service entail?

I'm traveling with my spouse, a 12 year old and a 9 year old and would like this to be as simple as it was when we went in 2019 - if possible!

Thank you!!! :)

Mears Connect is essentially the same service, now with a price tag. Do that if you're looking to replicate the ease of Magical Express – though you'll need to collect any checked bags yourself.

The standard Mears service (Connect) works very similarly to Magical Express but there are more stops for each bus on average at resorts. Reportedly there have been more times when multiple stops were widely scattered.

Also, Mears buses stop at Terminal C as well as Terminal B (not Terminal A) This has added a reported ten more minutes compared with before Terminal C opened.

.Mears' express is the same thing where you are the first dropoff from the airport and the last pickup back to the airport. "Others go along for the ride" and pay their regular fares.

Mears also runs/offers taxi service including having bought up Orlando's Yellow and Checker companies many years ago.

Bags delivered to your room and checking bags at your resort going home stopped several months before Magical Express itself ended.

A tram from Terminals A and B to Terminal C is at the end of Terminal B top level (other end from Mears / former DME). This tram is outisde security, the checkpoint is down in Terminal C.

Last edited:

Do you recommend making reservations for standard service? Also if you take a cab, are you with other passengers? Flying in on Sunday!!!

Do you recommend making reservations for standard service? Also if you take a cab, are you with other passengers? Flying in on Sunday!!!

You would not be with other passengers if you take a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter