Transportation from USC to Disneyland?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
Hubs has class at the beginning of March at USC...I want to come to Disneyland but I HATE driving in LA...is there a train that goes from USC to Disneyland? I think a taxi would be insanely expensive. Other options? It would just be me while he's at school.

My son goes to USC and has several times met us at Dland. There is a bus (the 460) that goes from Harbor Transitway/37th St (short walk from Exposition Park station at USC) to the Dland employee entrance (10 min walk to the esplanade) but it takes 2 hours and change depending on traffic. So it is not his preferred method. Typically he takes an Uber or Lyft whichever is offering cheaper fare at the time as they are both cheaper than a taxi.

Uber shows $40-$50 one way for Uberx from USC to Disneyland. That's non-surge pricing and I searched using a generic 'USC to Disneyland'. You could try being more specific as to where you'd need to be picked up and be aware that surges are very common in that area. The current actual fare right now is at 80% surge.

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

I'd try a shuttle service like Karmel shuttle. They offer shuttle/shared rides in the area.

If you don't want to take a taxi or uber type service I would suggest you take the metro rail from Expo Park/USC station to Union Station. From Union Station you can take the Amtrak train to Anaheim Station and from the Anaheim Station there is a bus that you can take to Disneyland. I've never done this route but I'm sure it will take a while plus the cost round trip should be somewhere about $40-$50.

Can do a combo of uber/lyft and metro to balance cost/time if you don't want to pay for full uber ride.

I know you've said you don't like to drive in LA traffic, but honestly I'd probably just suck it up and drive. I was in a similar dilemma last time I was in So Cal (about 3 weeks ago) and after investigating every possible option under the sun for 'alternate transportation' to both DLR and USH I decided to just rent a car.

Mine wasn't the driving in LA thing, I grew up in So Cal and the traffic (even at rush hour) doesn't phase me. I just choose a lane, put on my tunes, and sing at the top of my lungs. Mine was more the cost as I rented the car for the whole time I was there. Got a real good deal through AAA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter