Trash and Towels BWV

Grandmaof2

Mouseketeer
Is there a trash chute where we can take our trash during the week? And what would we do with towels we use before the 4 th day?

They will take your trash out each day as part of a "wellness check" Towels - we've always just washed them since we stay in a unit with a washer and dryer - or hang them to dry and reuse them - we aren't wash towels daily people (although some are, and they can chime in on how to handle daily towels in a studio).

They will remove your trash, and most DVC resorts also have a trash/recycling room. For towels, as others have said, you hang and reuse them or wash them yourselves. There are complimentary laundry facilities if you are in a DVC studio.

They will remove your trash, and most DVC resorts also have a trash/recycling room. For towels, as others have said, you hang and reuse them or wash them yourselves. There are complimentary laundry facilities if you are in a DVC studio.
Ugh. Another thing I did not realize when I booked a DVC studio. Who wants to do laundry on vacation? I saw pics of the complimentary facilities at OKW and it looks pretty run down. I may take some towels from home. I don’t feel clean using one more than once to dry my body. I mean how do you know which part you used on your butt and then you use it to dry your face? Ew.

Ugh. Another thing I did not realize when I booked a DVC studio. Who wants to do laundry on vacation? I saw pics of the complimentary facilities at OKW and it looks pretty run down. I may take some towels from home. I don’t feel clean using one more than once to dry my body. I mean how do you know which part you used on your butt and then you use it to dry your face? Ew.
Well, hopefully you did a good job washing in the shower! Use a hand towel to dry your face. I don’t wash my towel after using it only once at home. Maybe I’m gross???

Well, hopefully you did a good job washing in the shower! Use a hand towel to dry your face. I don’t wash my towel after using it only once at home. Maybe I’m gross???
My husband will use the same one for like 5 days. I use a hair one for 3 then use it as body then wash it. I use a new one for body every day. I’m just completely grossed out having to re use a towel.

Housekeeping will give you fresh towels each day at no charge. If I don’t see someone in the hallway, I leave a note with a tip on the kitchen counter asking for fresh towels. They are generous and what they leave usually gets me through a few days.

You can ask for new towels and they will bring them to you. Just go to the "Hey Disney" and select what you want from housekeeping. If you want them to take the dirty towels, just have them come up and get them. No, they will not charge you. We were there a few weeks ago.

I love throwing laundry in on vacation when staying in a one bedroom. Since the washer dryer are right there, it really isn't a big deal to throw everything in as you take it off in the evening, throw towels on top in the morning, hit the button, head to the parks, when you get back to the room move everything from the washer into the dryer, hit the button, and start filling the washer again. We arrive home with clean clothes ready to be put away (except for the last day and the stuff we wear home).

Housekeeping will give you fresh towels each day at no charge. If I don’t see someone in the hallway, I leave a note with a tip on the kitchen counter asking for fresh towels. They are generous and what they leave usually gets me through a few days.
Good to know. I thought the rule for DVC based on other posts was no new towels and you have to wash them yourself in the onsite laundromat if you rent a studio.

You can ask for new towels and they will bring them to you. Just go to the "Hey Disney" and select what you want from housekeeping. If you want them to take the dirty towels, just have them come up and get them. No, they will not charge you. We were there a few weeks ago.
Whew. Thanks

I love throwing laundry in on vacation when staying in a one bedroom. Since the washer dryer are right there, it really isn't a big deal to throw everything in as you take it off in the evening, throw towels on top in the morning, hit the button, head to the parks, when you get back to the room move everything from the washer into the dryer, hit the button, and start filling the washer again. We arrive home with clean clothes ready to be put away (except for the last day and the stuff we wear home).
If I had a unit with a washer I would not mind but I don’t ever want to go to a laundromat again. I’ve not had to endure that for 20 years.

Good to know. I thought the rule for DVC based on other posts was no new towels and you have to wash them yourself in the onsite laundromat if you rent a studio.
It was the rule and may still be the official rule. I remember a long time ago you could purchase an extra towel set for around $25. Others may know when the rule was relaxed.

It was the rule and may still be the official rule. I remember a long time ago you could purchase an extra towel set for around $25. Others may know when the rule was relaxed.
I’m hoping that if I have to pay or maybe even just over tip the mouse keeper I will get what I need.

If you do bring towels from home, make sure they aren't white or cream. I've heard someone brought extra from home and when housekeeping switched out towels, they just took all the towels they saw.

That changed a few years ago. I think they realized that people who wanted towels would take them from the pool or off the carts, and just having Mousekeeping provide towels wasn't any more expensive.

I’m hoping that if I have to pay or maybe even just over tip the mouse keeper I will get what I need.
I think it will be fine. I hadn’t used my points in years so when I returned last April I assumed it was the old rule. I washed towels each day. Then I read from other members that they requested fresh towels. I did that in both Aug and Oct. I’d either see someone from housekeeping in the hallway and ask or leave a note by the kitchen sink for when they did trash collection. I always gave or left a tip. I also asked for a step stool for my daughter. They always gave more towels than I requested and I remember thinking it was better than the amount I got when I paid $25 way back when.

That changed a few years ago. I think they realized that people who wanted towels would take them from the pool or off the carts, and just having Mousekeeping provide towels wasn't any more expensive.
Was it changed around Covid when they suspended your ability to pay for extra housekeeping?

In the 'old' days, a set of towels for a studio was $6. And having requested them quite a few times when my 3 kids would share my studio, I can tell you I was never charged, But, I ALWAYS tipped for the delivery.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago: stayed at BCV in a studio by myself and there were 9 bath towels in my room. On my trash and towel day I got replacements up to a normal 5 or 6. I've always had enough to last at least to trash and towel day. New guests always seem to worry about amenities. These are Disney's luxury resorts (although not luxury in the real world) and they do try to make sure we get taken care of.

And, who washes towels at home after every use? Someone do a survey on that.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter