traveling w/ son's friend, what do I need

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
My 13 YO son's best friend is going to Vero/WDW with us in July for 2 weeks. Has anyone ever brought their child's friend with them and if so, do you have any legal (notarized?) statement from the parents allowing their child to be with you? I'm going to ask his mom for a copy of his health insurance card, but I wonder if I should have some kind of "consent for treatment" form. Does anyone know if a "standard" form for something like this exists? Thanks for any input.

You should also have a Medical treatment consent form along with insurance card. I asked my pedatrician office for one. We had ours notarized.

List of phone numbers to contact parents in case there is an emergency.

Make sure to ask and write down any allergies especially medicine and insect stings or bites. (May need a special kit for stings and bites)

But most of all have a wonderful trip.

Yes, the medical treatment form (we too had one notarized for the grandparents to have when they have DS), the insurance card, and i would have a letter stating permission for the child to travel with you. If you are flying, i would have this notarized too. I would have a copy of any perscription drugs he might need as well as a copy of eye glass percription if this would be an issue. I would also have his doctors number just in case he would need treatment and you could not get his parents right away. Don't forget you will most likey not need ANY of this stuff!!! I hope to take my DS's best buddy on our trip the year they trun 13. Please let us know how it goes!!!!!Have a blast.

Jordan's mom

We have taken a lot of my kid's friends with us to disney.
I alway make their parents sign a letter, stating permission for me, to get treatment for their child, if their child gets hurt or sick. the consent is for treatment , if their child gets hurt and they cant be reached, it will save you time, as the hospital would have to get ahold of one of the parents, before treating the child, and believe me if its was a small thing, like that child needrd to see doctor for an ear ached, you would have to wait until they talked to her parents.

Also a copy of their insurance card.

I only had to use the letter one time and that was at my house, when my neice got hurt jumping off my daughter's Bunk beds. I live in Ohio and her parents live in Texas, the hospital was so pleased that we had it...
They treated her and plus called her parents after, to let them know that she was okay.
They said it made it easier for them, they could treat her first then call..

Thanks for all the advice. I called my son's pediatrician today and he sent me a consent for medical treatment form that I think should cover everything. Thanks for reminding me about allergies. My son's friend had a TERRIBLE reaction to a bee sting a few summers ago. His "kind" older brother told him he looked like the elephant man! This boy is like a son to me. In fact, when we moved from our home of 14 years a few months ago, the hardest thing for me was leaving him and his family. He and his family moved in right before he turned 4. He is one month older than my son and they will soon be turning 14. I'm so thankful that we are able to take him with us on this trip. I think his mom saw $$$ when I asked her if he could go, but I quickly told her we would pay for his plane ticket, park ticket and food. He just had to bring spending $$. I have a 5yo niece who is madly in love with him. I'm not supposed to tell him, but she's planning on marrying him when she grows up! Anyway, my niece, her mom and dad and my nephew just decided last week (thanks to the Fairytale package) to join us at WDW this summer. I think my niece is as excited at the thought of a whole week with Matt as she is with going to WDW for the first time!! 60 days to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter