Treadmill Nirvana and other ramblings

Sunny - question for you. Do you eat your activity points or flex points? I am really trying to get things jump started and I don't want to eat too many points to negatively effect my out come. I get 24 points per day. This past week I used 9.5 activity points (of 18 earned) and 9 flex points. Does that seem reasonable? Or am I eating too many points to see good results? Thanks for your input!

Hope everything is going well for you. I know how busy it can get! :rolleyes: But as long as you are doing well, don't worry about us! :flower:

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

Hey Sunny - I love reading about your runs, especially since I've just started myself. I'm definitely not where you are, but yesterday I did 4.5 miles in 60 minutes. Not too shabby for a beginner. I hope to be up to 5 miles soon and then go from there. It's something different for my body, so I'm hoping this will help with some toning. Keep up the great work and inspiring me to do more.

Sharon - I don't know how your doing your activity points, but your not suppose to carry them over. If you don't use them one day, that's it, you lose them. To help jump start things, I alternate, using AP's one or two days, then just my daily points (22). I very rarely use my flex points and sometimes I'll even start my day with 20 points just to keep my body thinking. I splurged alittle this past Friday and someone had mentioned maybe that's what my body needed to keep my motabolism on it's toes and still lost 2.8 this past week :teeth:

Sunny!!! Just found your journal!!!! It's WONDERFUL! And look at how far you've come and stayed committed...and it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who has mental arguments on whether or not to eat that next piece of pizza or should I have a piece of cake....I hope those battles end once we hit goal! :) Your exercise really inspires me...I'm just now getting back into the swing with a commitment to 6 days a week..but my cardio is nowhere near what it should be....You are doing such a GREAT job and these journals really inspire so many of us...thanks for keeping it up and I hope things thaw out for you up there!!! You've got to show off that fit and healthy body! I love your workout clothes!!! :)
Tara

Hi Sunny,

Your workouts are awesome. I really think that 60% of weightloss is mental. We all have those mental conversations. Sometimes, I keep control, sometimes I don't. I think that this will be a lifelong struggle for me. You did a great job at the party.

Have a great day,
Beth

Good morning.

I am barely functioning today. DS's school has had a stomach bug circulating for the past two weeks. He finally brought it home to us for the long weekend :rolleyes: He was sick Friday/Saturday, then I got it Monday and DD got it Tuesday. Dx came and got DS and brought him to school yesterday. I couldn't even make it down the stairs, let alone drive. DD and I laid in bed all day, dying of thirst but neither of us could make it down the stairs. When Dx brought DS home he brought us up juice and popsicles. What a day!

I brought my gym bag with me today but if I go at all it will be for a slow walk on the treadmill. I am still very weak.

Sharon: I think Teresa answered your question much better than I could right now. I have been eating all my APs and my flex for the past few weeks. My weightloss has slowed way down. I'm not happy with myself at all. If this journey was just about exercise I'd have it beat, but alas, the stupid food matters, too. My intention (as it has been for weeks now) is to eat about half my APs and not use my flex.

Teresa: You're off to a great start! With all your other training, you'll be picking up speed and endurance in a flash. I look forward to hearing your progress :)

Tara: Thanks! I guess we are not alone with the pizza self-talk!!!! Unfortunately, I don't think any of it will go away at goal :confused3 I think we just get stronger with our inner voices :)

Beth: Hi! Yes I believe this will be a life-long struggle for me, too. I can remember waaaayyyyyy back in my 20s coming to the realization that even if I lose all my excess weight, I will never be a *thin* person. I know I will always be counting and planning and battling inside my head, no matter what size my body is.

But, after this weekend, I am very grateful for my health ::yes:: so I'll stop complaining about my 'inner voices'!!!!

Sunny

Hi Sunny,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. These "bugs" that are going around this year seem stronger than in years past. I hope that everyone starts feeling better soon! Take it easy today if you can! :grouphug:

Sunny--

I hope that you are feeling better soon...

I just wanted to say :cheer2: !! I was looking at your stats & your accomplishments are phenomenal!! WTG!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Oh Sunny! Feel better soon! I'd take care of you if I could! :grouphug:

Hey Sunny - I'm sorry you and your family aren't feeling well. We're not dealing with the stomach part, but Katie had strep/cold last week and was kind enough to pass it on to me :rolleyes:

Try and take it easy at the gym for a few days until you get your strength back. I'm trying not to push myself too hard, but feel guilty if I'm not doing something. I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time, inspiring me :teeth:

Have a good one! :sunny:

:grouphug: Sunny,

I'm sorry to hear that you are ill. Be sure to get plenty of fluids and rest. Please be good to yourself. I am sending major :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for you.

Take care,
Beth

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I feel fantastic! Its amazing how the body heals itself.

The good thing about the bug is I have returned to healthier eating and much smaller quantities. Hope I can keep that going!

I hurt my knee today. I pushed for speed and should have back off. I did 5 miles on the treadmill. The first 25 minutes were at 6.5 mph. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I then went down to 5.4, back up to 5.8, 6.0 and 6.2 etc. I felt the twinge in my left knee (my weaker knee) and I kept pushing. Bad Sunny
No_No_smilie__.gif
. I have a knee brace somewhere around here ('cause I've done this before :rolleyes: ) but I can't find it. I'll be really mad at myself if I can't do cardio tomorrow. Plus tomorrow should be a lower body weights day. We'll see.

Snows here. Blah.

I also just found out our town does there afterschool program by lottery. DS starts kindergarten next fall and its only a half day. So now I'm all in a panic over what to do if we don't get the lottery. I've based my financial plan (if you can call it that) on this last year of expensive private daycare
banghead.gif
But beyond the financial aspect of it, I have really started to feel the emotions of my little guy going to that big scary public school with the big scary school kids! I want him to be little for a long time. I'm not ready for this!!!!

Sunny

Oh Sunny!!! Please take care of that knee!!! That, my dear is not a request, it's an order! :rotfl2: (I know you are thinking "who does she think she is!!!")

Good luck with the lottery! I hope you get it! :wizard:

with the lottery!

Glad to hear that your family got over that bug. It did not sound fun at all. It's so hard when you have little ones and everyone gets everything. bummer But, if it helps with the eating plan, take it, right? :)

Gotta love those left knees, that's my problem all the time. Since I've been biking almost each day, it's been feeling so much better. It has made all the difference in the world. I'm sure losing the weight hasn't hurt either. ;) Take care of it and find that brace.

My "little" ones are now 11 and 14, it is a scary world out there. I miss some things about my kids being true little ones, but I am enjoying this stage too. We can do so many more things together now. And, they are just so cool. But, thankfully, my kids are in no hurry to grow up fast (hmmm, wonder where they got that from...). And, I'm thrilled with that!

Enjoy your Friday! :flower: :flower:

plutosmyfav said:
But beyond the financial aspect of it, I have really started to feel the emotions of my little guy going to that big scary public school with the big scary school kids! I want him to be little for a long time. I'm not ready for this!!!!
Sunny

AAAARRRGHHHH!! Is this what I have to look forward to when DD goes to kindergarten?? If I start now, by Fall '06, I should be in a quite a frenzy...

:wizard: For the lottery...

Hey Sunny...be careful with that knee..but I'm sure you know what you are doing! Afterall...you are the exercise queen!!! :goodvibes

Good luck with the lottery...it stinks that it works that way.

Have a great weekend! Let's do a go away snow and bring on spring dance! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :banana:

I'm not ready to send DD to Kindergarten and I'm a teacher!!!!!! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter