Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Suddenly needing a crash course in this because CL was not in the plans until we upgraded our Poly reservation with a big discount today. Now I’m trying to determine whether or not CLFP is worth it for 3 days. We’re going 5/2-5/11 so 90 days is fast approaching. No kids, just two adults. I have an AP and my partner has a hopper, we do like the flexibility. We already have VAH tickets and were planning on AK AH pretty much to do FoP over and over (it’s our favorite ride). Typically the way we tour is rope drop, use 3 FPs at mid morning, go back to the resort to rest/enjoy the pool and go back to a park in the evening, maybe a different one than the AM and see what rolling FPs we can get. Do you think we would do well with CLFP?

Quick confirmation on use of CLFP's - Am I correct in understanding that the 3 CLFP's do not all have to be used at the same park as each other or as your regular FP's?
In a crazy example (that I wouldn't probably do), get 3 regular FP's at MK, hop to HS use a CLFP on any ride, hop to AK use a CLFP on any ride and hop to EP and use my final CLFP on any ride?

Quick confirmation on use of CLFP's - Am I correct in understanding that the 3 CLFP's do not all have to be used at the same park as each other or as your regular FP's?
In a crazy example (that I wouldn't probably do), get 3 regular FP's at MK, hop to HS use a CLFP on any ride, hop to AK use a CLFP on any ride and hop to EP and use my final CLFP on any ride?
Yep! That would work!

Suddenly needing a crash course in this because CL was not in the plans until we upgraded our Poly reservation with a big discount today. Now I’m trying to determine whether or not CLFP is worth it for 3 days. We’re going 5/2-5/11 so 90 days is fast approaching. No kids, just two adults. I have an AP and my partner has a hopper, we do like the flexibility. We already have VAH tickets and were planning on AK AH pretty much to do FoP over and over (it’s our favorite ride). Typically the way we tour is rope drop, use 3 FPs at mid morning, go back to the resort to rest/enjoy the pool and go back to a park in the evening, maybe a different one than the AM and see what rolling FPs we can get. Do you think we would do well with CLFP?

My opinion - that time of year, that length of trip, with only 2 people, your typical park day, the fact you’re doing one or more AHs - I wouldn’t do it. It can work well or many, but it also cuts against some touring styles. We like our three, but then didn’t necessarily like being attached for any more structure than that.

There’s certainly no wrong answer - extra FPs can be mighty nice - but I don’t personally think it’s some ‘must have’ program. YMMV though!

I am booking a day at HS. Since MMRR is not available I need something else. I am going to book AS2 and then if MMRR becomes available I want to try and switch my AS2 to MMRR. I was initially going to make this a CL FP because of time of day/where I have it in the schedule. Now I am second guessing that. I suppose it makes most sense to make this a regular FP so I can alter it myself if it becomes available when DSS is not open?

Can you rider switch on CL FPs?

For our trip it's just DH and I, and given that we have a short stay (3 nights, 3 1/2 days), we opted to do this. The cost is worth it in our situation, since between the 90-day booking window and the lack of tier /park restrictions, it gave us the opportunity to do "everything" in limited time with minimal stress. We have one day with all the DHS hits: SDD, TOT, RnRC, TSMM, and ST - this will allow us to hit MFSR and (if the stars align) nab a BG for RoTR, and everything else should be a minimal line. On another day, we're doing FOP and EE, then heading to Epcot in the afternoon where we can do Soarin' and Frozen. We also opted to do a MK AH event - same thing, to help minimize line-waiting time.

One thing I'd recommend is researching strategy for booking. The CMs weren't a whole lot of help with choice, they just executed what I asked. After my first (totally disorganized) call, I started thinking about park/tier restrictions more and taking the best advantage of this system and went ahead and made notes, and then called back to adjust and optimize things. I've seen that people made spreadsheets to correlate with detailed plans, etc, so I imagine the info will be easy to find.

All that said, it's not as indulgent a decision with just 2 of us. If our group were 3-4 or more, it would have been a bigger decision - I think it depends on the length of your visit, your group, and your priorities wrt rides/lines/parks. Good luck!

DHS is the only reason we were even considering it...and only then because AH is still MIA there and FP+ is in such flux. If it stays the same as now, with the addition of MMRR to Virtual Queue, then I’d be inclined to skip it. But who knows what will happen with the tiers by the time we go? ROTR might go to FP+ by then. I guess we just have to wait and see. We do have hoppers and a bunch of days to play with.

Hi all! I have a couple of questions as we are considering whether or not to purchase the CL FPs for our trip in June. Our party consists of 3 adults and a 3 year old (who of course we have to buy a park ticket for this year 🙁).

Question 1 - do we need to purchase the extra FPs for everyone in our party? One of the adults is unsure if she wants to and it would seem to be a waste of $$ to purchase the extra FPs for the 3 yo.

Question 2 - do these need to be purchased at the time of booking (we'll be doing that within the next couple of days) or can they be purchased at some point later (we'd plan on doing it before our 90 window opens if that's an option).

Thank you!

Hi all! I have a couple of questions as we are considering whether or not to purchase the CL FPs for our trip in June. Our party consists of 3 adults and a 3 year old (who of course we have to buy a park ticket for this year 🙁).

Question 1 - do we need to purchase the extra FPs for everyone in our party? One of the adults is unsure if she wants to and it would seem to be a waste of $$ to purchase the extra FPs for the 3 yo.

Question 2 - do these need to be purchased at the time of booking (we'll be doing that within the next couple of days) or can they be purchased at some point later (we'd plan on doing it before our 90 window opens if that's an option).

Thank you!
1. You do not need to purchase for everyone in your party.
2. You can only purchase when your CLFP window opens (90 days from your check-out date). At that time, they will book the CLFP for you and charge you for them. I don't think there's a way to pay for the CLFPs earlier than when you book them, but you can send your CLFPs the day before and they will book it for you 90 days from check-out.

Last edited:
2. You can only purchase when your CLFP window opens (90 days from your check-out date). At that time, they will book the CLFP for you and charge you for them. I don't think there's a way to pay for the CLFPs earlier than when you book them, but you can send your CLFPs the day before and they will book it for you 90 days from check-out.

you can put a credit card on file ahead of time but they will not charge you until the FP are booked.

you can put a credit card on file ahead of time but they will not charge you until the FP are booked.
Thank you, exactly what I needed to know! Glad to hear we'll have a little time to decide if we actually want to purchase this (our 90 day mark will be in mid March).

Does the restriction to non-overlapping FP extend to the 4 or 5th FP? For example, if I book my regular fast passes on the hour at 10,11,12, and my CL FPs are 1,2 and 3 PM, if I use my regular fast passes and want to pick a 4th, are the times 1-4PM unavailable?

Also, if the CL FPs are in a different park, would it cause the same restriction?

Does the restriction to non-overlapping FP extend to the 4 or 5th FP? For example, if I book my regular fast passes on the hour at 10,11,12, and my CL FPs are 1,2 and 3 PM, if I use my regular fast passes and want to pick a 4th, are the times 1-4PM unavailable?

Also, if the CL FPs are in a different park, would it cause the same restriction?
You will be blocked from making a 4th FP during those hours (both scenarios). Only 4:00 on would show up for availability.

Hmm. Makes it less appealing unless you are a take a break in the middle of the day kind of family, or you hop each day.

I booked a CL qualifying room at Swan for December 2020. I like to know my booking date so I emailed DSS to ask what the date would be (I knew I'd get a call back, not an email back). I got the call (missed it) and the voicemail they left was the same warning "this is a trial program, can end at any time...." and then they gave me my 90 day check out booking date. Fingers crossed it stays!!!!!!!

90 days from my check out day is Monday, but I assume that CL FP selections should be excellent until the 60 day FP windows open up for everyone else onsite in Feb. I figure I have another 3 weeks to let this whole Hollywood Studios madness sort itself out before I need to pull the trigger on CL FP. Passing on it for now, but if the Star Wars attractions move to FP+ within the next month, I'm on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter