TRIP REPORT: This will be the last trip for a long time.....

Which means I have to change the way I vacation at this point . You go ahead and keep what you are doing no one is asking you to change any of that.

Since your kids are listed as being two and Disney has been very popular with adults for a very long time I actually don't think you are having to change a thing. You just aren't getting it the way you'd like it to be. That's different from a major shift that has left you standing in lots of brand new lines. But - if there are a lot of new lines I still hold that they are Disney's creation - not because of any change in park demographics.

LOL. So... really?

I love the wealth of info on the Dis, I love how kind people can be, how generous about sharing what they have learned, I enjoy reading about other people's trips (living vicariously is kinda fun!) but THIS is what I dislike about the Dis. 14 pages of high dudgeon and hot ire, served with a side of snide.

Oh, people, people! Do some of us (maybe, just maybe) become too easily offended? My daughter (whom I don't always bring with us ;)) would say, "Oh for PETE's sake! Get a ladder, climb up on it, and get over your ownself!"

Oh, and I *hated* the stroller people, until I needed a stroller for the babies. Boom! Welcome to the stroller leagues, pal. Now I am uber-patient with those in the ECV's because, ha ha ha, there but by the grace of God, go I. I remember the Lesson of The Stroller, and I repent in the presence of the ECV. :upsidedow

High dungeon and hot ire....Jafar is on the loose. No in all seriousness this thread is so interesting compared to the fast pass blahhhhhh. Who would have thought that adults are looked at like crusty twins thinks and others. We spend lots of time enjoying adult enertaiment around Disney, and spending time with our kids. We all enjoy our time there, I think it blows people's minds that people really can't comprehend that adults can be kids too....

I too am surprised by the animosity towards childless adults at WDW by multiple posters within this thread. There was even a poster calling us "creepy". Now honestly, in our years of being AP holders, I don't think my DH and I have ever ridden Dumbo, but I also can't imagine that we would ever Not Ride because it would cause a bigger wait for someone else (child or not).

I would love to take children to WDW. I have been dreaming about bringing my family since I was a little girl. However right now my DH and I have been struggling with fertility issues. We had been trying for a long time when I got a diagnosis that meant it will be a very difficult road for us. Visiting WDW during this time is a distraction for me from my depression over this. It is a place where "dreams come true" and it gives me hope and makes me happy.

My daughter had so much difficulty, I just want to say don't give up hope! But please do enjoy where you are right now, just the two of you. My daughter is now the mom of "Irish twins" ages 2 and 1, and WOW! are we all kept hopping! And busy buying diapers! And FWIW, we are planning a family trip, in December, but not with them, yet. My daughter can't even begin to wrap her mind around Disney with the two of them along! :crazy2: And just think how difficult it would be with all those "creepy" adults hogging up all the rides! :rotfl2:

Hey, maybe Disney should have a Toddler Weekend! No "creepy" adults allowed unless accompanied by a toddler. Then they, the non-creepy adults, could just drive each other batty, chasing the running away, climbing out of their strollers, crying in line, screaming in restaurants, wonderful, adorable, little darlings...and the "non-creepy" adults could run over each others feet with the strollers and get in fights over "hogging" the diaper changers in the restrooms! :thumbsup2

Everyone is different. We have been going every other year since our oldest was 7. He's now 16 and into sports, girls and other things..... But he just said the other day, "Mom, when are we going back to Disney?" I LOVE that!

Hey, maybe Disney should have a Toddler Weekend! No "creepy" adults allowed unless accompanied by a toddler. Then they, the non-creepy adults, could just drive each other batty, chasing the running away, climbing out of their strollers, crying in line, screaming in restaurants, wonderful, adorable, little darlings...and the "non-creepy" adults could run over each others feet with the strollers and get in fights over "hogging" the diaper changers in the restrooms! :thumbsup2
Brilliant. You could have glow stick decorated stroller parades instead of the electric light parade down Main Street. Followed by stroller demolition derbies. Competitions to judge which toddler screams in terror the loudest at the sight of Mickey. Can you visualize the state of the buses if every party on them had one of those oversized strollers stashed in the aisles so no one can move? They could have rapid stroller folding competitions to speed up bus loading. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for all the great responses. As I said, we had a great time....

Glad I could spread some of the pixie dust after we got back. :wizard:

Have fun....:cool1:

map

Due to increase crowds, maybe there should be two MK's at WDW?

Just think about an MK with no strollers. I go to WDW mainly for my kid's enjoyment, but I know which one I would go to if I happened to be unencumbered by kids for a night. One for families with kids and one for people who dislike families with kids. Same attractions. People could choose which one they wanted to go to, no discrimination at the gate except for one park only allowed strollers, therefore all the younger families would head to that one.

It kinda makes you wonder tho at what point will MK reach capacity at rope drop with so many people growing up disney now and coming back at all ages?

It would be neat to look at the attendance number and make a prediction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter