TRIP REPORT: This will be the last trip for a long time.....

To me it is a shame that so much is being made about an observation I made on our trip. I could care less whether adults go or not. EVERYONE has their reasons for going or not going. I simply stated there were a large number there without kids....I never said there shouldn't have been. If people want to keep reading into that (obviously), there is nothing I can do about that. Enjoy your time as you should.....we did.
Ah the old "I could care less" comment. I rest my case.

This is such a strange statement. That an adult waiting in line to meet a character actually takes away from the experience. How weird. My parents never took me to Disney as a child. So I never got to meet my favorite princesses from all of my favorite movies, or Mickey. So when they finally took my sister and I when I was 20, it was like meeting my idols.

You just lost me here.

I think it sounds like she is mad because there were adults taking time in line and this meant her children couldn't see the characters faster. The nerve of some people;)

I think it sounds like she is mad because there were adults taking time in line and this meant her children couldn't see the characters faster. The nerve of some people;)
There are jerks everywhere in our society. And polite conscious people too. I ignore rude people and try and makeup for rude behavior toward CMs by being super nice and I find that it is returned in spades.
The thing that bugs me the most is adults with absolutely spoiled, entitled kids, screaming and causing a ruckus and the parents do NOTHING. They talk and scream and disturb other guests (say during carousel of progress or Walt the man and his story, or Presidents Hall etc.).. when their parents should take them aside for a time out. The kids are not to blame. Its their self entitled, narcasictic parents I loath.
Her comment clearly touched a nerve here.. It was a subtle slight to adults who enjoy WDW like kids. Rude inconsiderate people is another topic all together.

There are jerks everywhere in our society. And polite conscious people too. I ignore rude people and try and makeup for rude behavior toward CMs by being super nice and I find that it is returned in spades.
The thing that bugs me the most is adults with absolutely spoiled, entitled kids, screaming and causing a ruckus and the parents do NOTHING. They talk and scream and disturb other guests (say during carousel of progress or Walt the man and his story, or Presidents Hall etc.).. when their parents should take them aside for a time out. The kids are not to blame. Its their self entitled, narcasictic parents I loath.
Her comment clearly touched a nerve here.. It was a subtle slight to adults who enjoy WDW like kids. Rude inconsiderate people is another topic all together.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Today is my 54th birthday. According to some of the posters on this thread I need to make changes in my life. I'm gonna cancel the DW and I's alone trip in Nov. I don't want to take up any space that would make a child wait 15 more seconds to get on a ride. I don't want to stop on main street look up at Cinderella's castle and smile just because I'm happy to be there. I wouldn't want to wear a birthday button that could allow others and myself to exchange greetings. I'm gonna tear up the picture I cherish of the DW with Tigger, her favorite character, because How Dare Her she was in her thirties at the time! We will just wait for the trip with our grandkids in June. Yeah Right! :ROFL I can't believe the nerve of some people! The pixie dust is alive and well for my family. Wishing everyone, young and old, a magical time on their Disney vacations :)

Today is my 54th birthday. According to some of the posters on this thread I need to make changes in my life. I'm gonna cancel the DW and I's alone trip in Nov. I don't want to take up any space that would make a child wait 15 more seconds to get on a ride. I don't want to stop on main street look up at Cinderella's castle and smile just because I'm happy to be there. I wouldn't want to wear a birthday button that could allow others and myself to exchange greetings. I'm gonna tear up the picture I cherish of the DW with Tigger, her favorite character, because How Dare Her she was in her thirties at the time!

We will just wait for the trip with our grandkids in June.

Yeah Right! :ROFL I can't believe the nerve of some people! The pixie dust is alive and well for my family. Wishing everyone, young and old, a magical time on their Disney vacations :)

for my family! Wishing
Good ole Texas charm and humor.

Adult Park Goers - I know this may go against many, but to me the parks are about the kids....always has been and should be IMO. My wife and I weren't shocked that people would be there without kids....just at the large number of people that were....and I'll just leave it at that.

map

I'm going to assume, judging by the number of replies on this thread in less than 24 hours, that this little snippet didn't go over so well.

Did you happen to go to EPCOT? Did you notice that the WS was mostly loud and rowdy adults, and many of them in "Drinking Teams" wearing matching t-shirts? Parts of Disney are very much for adults and not so much kid-friendly.

OP I could agree to some extended that the crowd for the F&W is not always appropriate. In the afternoon we(4adults:scared1:) spend at F&W on our 2012 we saw many drunk people and their behavior was not appropriate for Disney or any public place. In one instance this guy grabbed a lady's butt and no she didn't know him. She was with two of her girlfriends and was very upset. I try to get a CM but I couldn't find any near by and by the time I found one I couldn't see them anymore. However your comment didn't seem to pertain to that, but more of a general why would adults go there without children. I am not surprise by the sense of entailment some people with kids seems to have in this boards and in Disney. By the amount of times people try to push their kids in front of us in parades :furious: with the excuse that "Disney is for kids". I will never understand this way of thinking. Disney makes many events targeting just adults, and the parks were never meant to be just for children, that was specifically what Walt was trying to change. A place where kids and adults can enjoy it together.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Walt Disney

OP I could agree to some extended that the crowd for the F&W is not always appropriate. In the afternoon we(4adults:scared1:) spend at F&W on our 2012 we saw many drunk people and their behavior was not appropriate for Disney or any public place. In one instance this guy grabbed a lady's butt and no she didn't know him. She was with two of her girlfriends and was very upset. I try to get a CM but I couldn't find any near by and by the time I found one I couldn't see them anymore. However your comment didn't seem to pertain to that, but more of a general why would adults go there without children. I am not surprise by the sense of entailment some people with kids seems to have in this boards and in Disney. By the amount of times people try to push their kids in front of us in parades :furious: with the excuse that "Disney is for kids". I will never understand this way of thinking. Disney makes many events targeting just adults, and the parks were never meant to be just for children, that was specifically what Walt was trying to change. A place where kids and adults can enjoy it together.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Walt Disney

Not to mention, look at the destination wedding business. People pay tens of thousands of dollars to get married on Disney property every day of the year. Disneymoons are a genre of booking all on their own. Spring and fall breaks bring lots of over 18-24 year olds. There are a lot of arguments for adults traveling without children to WDW.

Good grief. Talk about a pile on. I am a dad with kids and took no offense at all to her opinion. Thats all it is. Actually, you could just call it an observation too.

No....not any specific behavior....as I stated....to me it is about that sparkle in the kid's eyes and the smiles on their faces....

To me it takes away when I see kids waiting in line to get pictures with their favorite characters and their are adults with no kids waiting in line in front of them. As an adult I can see spending a lot of time at EPCOT going "around the world" or at AK going on the Safari or different animal excursions....not waiting in line for Dumbo.

I guess it would have helped if it had not been so many......

Maybe I shouldn't have listed it as a negative, but maybe as an observation.

Wow. Shamer much? I really would like this whole thread deleted. If the same language was used toward people of different ethnicities or ages it wouldn't be tolerated.

Wow. Shamer much? I really would like this whole thread deleted. If the same language was used toward people of different ethnicities or ages it wouldn't be tolerated.

Hyperbolic much?

Please tell me you just did not compare a silly comment about adults in disney to the very real every day struggles of minorities.

Good grief. Talk about a pile on. I am a dad with kids and took no offense at all to her opinion. Thats all it is. Actually, you could just call it an observation too.

You took no offense to the observation because it wasn't in any way aimed at you, it was aimed at adults without kids.

11 or 12 pages; must have been a slow day on the Maximize your fp and Throwaway room threads.
:rotfl2:
Hyperbolic much? Please tell me you just did not compare a silly comment about adults in disney to the very real every day struggles of minorities.
:thumbsup2

-The US population is about 319 million
-Magic Kingdom gets about 18 million visitors per year
-Assume every MK visitor is a US citizen (their not) and none go more than once per year (a lot do go more than once per year)

94% of US citizens do not attend MK in a given year
6% do

and the numbers get worse when you consider that all guests are not US citizens and that a significant number go more than once.

So let's get over the fact that we're all pretty odd just for going at all - even once.

Add to this the fact that we're staying awake until midnight 60 days prior to doing what very few people will ever do, just to ensure that we have a spot in line to meet 2 twenty-something gals made up to look like two animated characters, or a really tall guy in a Goofy costume.

Anybody who sees you doing this is, by definition, odd themselves.

You don't need to rationalize why you and your significant other go without kids. It's just as odd, but no more odd, than going with kids.

If I pay thousands of dollars to come to Disney World (with kids or without), I am going to ride EVERY ride that I want to, wait my turn in line to see EVERY character that I want to see and do every other "kiddy" thing that I want to do. I hate it if your little darling has to wait his or her turn but that's how life works. My time and money is just as valuable as the next persons.

If I pay thousands of dollars to come to Disney World (with kids or without), I am going to ride EVERY ride that I want to, wait my turn in line to see EVERY character that I want to see and do every other "kiddy" thing that I want to do. I hate it if your little darling has to wait his or her turn but that's how life works. My time and money is just as valuable as the next persons.

Which means I have to change the way I vacation at this point . You go ahead and keep what you are doing no one is asking you to change any of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter