• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

TRIP REPORT: This will be the last trip for a long time.....

Get over yourself no one is telling you to stop doing anything.

Some people are just expressing their opinion. As a parent of little kids it was a surprise to me me the so many adults were doing all the little kid things. It also meant that my kids could not do many things. But you don't have to stop doing anything I'll wait until my kids are older and hopefully they'll open a land or two to disperse the crowds before we go back.

The OH NO!!!! I guess I have to stop meeting characters riding rides and writing Tr was bit ridiculous. No one said adults should not do any of those things.

And yeah you pay all your thousands of dollars and all of that so go ahead and ride all the kiddie rides a thousand times. We probably won't be back for now as we felt the parks were not little kid friendly which is weird because it's freaking disney world it should be the most kid friendly place on earth. But if adults are the ones bringing the money now good for them.

Maybe you accidentally hit post twice? Otherwise, you are stirring the same pot. :stir:

Get over myself? Thanks.
Yes get over yourself. I am not sure what you expected but apparently we were all supposed to go "it's the best post ever. No one could ever disagree with anything she said " Welcome to the reality of the Internet. It doesn't work that way and if you can't take people disagreeing with you without being upset, take your fingers off the keyboard

And as for your kids not be able to do everything they wanted whenever they wanted because others, including adults, we're doing things maybe that's good. They should learn the world does not revolve around them at a young age

cruisingtwins said:
The OH NO!!!! I guess I have to stop meeting characters riding rides and writing Tr was bit ridiculous. No one said adults should not do any of those things.

And yeah you pay all your thousands of dollars and all of that so go ahead and ride all the kiddie rides a thousand times. We probably won't be back for now as we felt the parks were not little kid friendly which is weird because it's freaking disney world it should be the most kid friendly place on earth. But if adults are the ones bringing the money now good for them.

TBH, I've always thought DLR is more kid friendly than WDW.

I certainly don't agree that WDW is *not* kid friendly, as I think WDW is. I just think 4 parks is a lot for little kids. I think there's more potential for just total overload. I think DLR's 2 park model, and MUCH better Fantasyland (only including original fantasylands, not NFL) are much more toddler/preschooler oriented than WDW/MK.

But yet here you are on the Dis and we all know you will be back.

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
Yes get over yourself. I am not sure what you expected but apparently we were all supposed to go "it's the best post ever. No one could ever disagree with anything she said "

Welcome to the reality of the Internet. It doesn't work that way and if you can't take people disagreeing with you without being upset, take your fingers off the keyboard

I never said I needed my post to be applauded in any way. I've been on these boards a long time and know that message boards yield disagreements. But I found it pretty off-putting for parents to be telling other adults how they should be spending their Disney vacation time.

4f20c30a4593b6360a0fa2d47faa0abe96027c5d

Holy cow make it stop :rotfl2:

Someone needs to tell the childless adult who created this site and its childless adult webmaster to kindly stay away from the parks so as they do not offend anyone! In fact, I think most of the team who runs this joint is out of luck! I am too. Oh well, guess it's off to Six Flags where I belong!
How on Earth is this in any way related to the OP's original post?! That is no where near what he said! It's like you were searching the disboards for a thread to post your own issues on! Seriously, the drama on this thread is more out of control then a bunch of girls who got dumped at a middle school dance...

Yes get over yourself. I am not sure what you expected but apparently we were all supposed to go "it's the best post ever. No one could ever disagree with anything she said " Welcome to the reality of the Internet. It doesn't work that way and if you can't take people disagreeing with you without being upset, take your fingers off the keyboard

And as for your kids not be able to do everything they wanted whenever they wanted because others, including adults, we're doing things maybe that's good. They should learn the world does not revolve around them at a young age

The person you quoted doesn't have children.....

But yet here you are on the Dis and we all know you will be back.

Lol nah this board is just like those magazines near the register just some light material to read when I don't want to pull out a book.

Our next trip will be to DLR since my kids LOVE Cars. I won't take them until they are 40 inches though.

I'm guessing that was my May TR that you're talking about, thanks for the judgment (IMO, of course). Maybe I should cross writing TRs off the list of activities adults should do too. Since practically everything you'd document in a TR should be left for the kids.

I don't think it was your trip report, but even if it was, please don't let my opinion stop you from writing trip reports (seriously). And I certainly don't think "everything" you'd document in a trip report should be for the kids.

Lol nah this board is just like those magazines near the register just some light material to read when I don't want to pull out a book.

Our next trip will be to DLR since my kids LOVE Cars. I won't take them until they are 40 inches though.

I hope all those Cali adults stay out of the line so you don't have to go to Disney Paris next.

No....not any specific behavior....as I stated....to me it is about that sparkle in the kid's eyes and the smiles on their faces....

To me it takes away when I see kids waiting in line to get pictures with their favorite characters and their are adults with no kids waiting in line in front of them. As an adult I can see spending a lot of time at EPCOT going "around the world" or at AK going on the Safari or different animal excursions....not waiting in line for Dumbo.

I guess it would have helped if it had not been so many......

Maybe I shouldn't have listed it as a negative, but maybe as an observation.

This is such a strange statement. That an adult waiting in line to meet a character actually takes away from the experience. How weird. My parents never took me to Disney as a child. So I never got to meet my favorite princesses from all of my favorite movies, or Mickey. So when they finally took my sister and I when I was 20, it was like meeting my idols.

You just lost me here.

I hope all those Cali adults stay out of the line so you don't have to go to Disney Paris next.

I sure hope so!!!

If not by then my kids will be older and wiser and hopefully will be able to understand what waiting in line means.

Waiting in long line with twin 2 year old was not going to happen. I was wrong to think my kids would be able to ride the kiddie rides without much wait. Oh well live and learn.

I sure hope so!!!

If not by then my kids will be older and wiser and hopefully will be able to understand what waiting in line means.

Waiting in long line with twin 2 year old was not going to happen. I was wrong to think my kids would be able to ride the kiddie rides without much wait. Oh well live and learn.

What exactly is your problem? :confused3 Plenty of families with 2 year olds go and don't whine and moan because an adult dared to be in front of them in the line for Cinderella or Dumbo.

Get over it, adults go to Disney parks. There will be plenty going to DLR too no doubt.

Everyone sees things differently and experiences things differently. For my family, Disney works for all of us. We have 5 boys, ages 5-16. They had rides for the whole family to ride together, rides for older 3 like RnR. The 5 yr old could get on ToT, Space Mountain, BTMR, Splash, yet the 8yr old had no interest in that and was happy to hang out at the areas outside the ride. He did enjoy the dumbo type rides, and boat rides. WE all enjoyed the scenery.

The older 3 are very much into more thrill rides, and the 5 yr old too if he is tall enough. I did Universal with them July 2013, just me and the boys. They loved it, the 8yr old not so much, he did not like the simulated rides, not a thrill rider, enjoyed Suesse Landing, ET, and the Splash areas. We did lots of rider switch with him, which by the way Universal does rider switch way better. But the 5yr old, was 4 then and not tall enough for quite a few rides.

We hit Six Flags NE, and the 5yr old thrill rider can't ride anything but kiddie rides, and the 8 yr old like that. We do all enjoy the water park, but the kids all split up, then come back and see what the youngest can go on, because the 8yr old is not going to do a slide that is high up. Lol

Disney is just well rounded in my opinion. The scenery is nice to look at, it is clean, it is a well oiled machine. The hotels are nice, the pools, the bike rides you can take as a family, yes our family of 7 fit on one of those bikes. It was great fun.

People will always say, how can you go alone with no kids, or how can you take an infant or 2 yr old they will never remember. It is memories you want to create and how you want to create them.

Relax and enjoy it, life is too short.

There will be plenty going to DLR too no doubt.

That there will be, I'd venture to bet - especially with the much higher AP population at DLR than at WDW.

How long the lines are - on either coast - is very dependent on what time of year you visit. I don't know that there are many rides that truly have little to no wait all the time, regardless of audience...the ones that do have little to no wait all the time aren't attractions I'd take my 2 y/o on anyway (Stitch, Captain EO being 2 off the top of my head).

ETA: IMO, that's the beauty of WDW and DLR - that rides that have absolutely no thrill factor are just *so* well done that people of any age are interested in them.

There's also other factors. We went to Dutch Wonderland a few weeks ago for the first time, and there are a bunch of rides there that are only for the little ones, and adults can't get on. Unfortunately, DD wasn't able to ride them *because* I wasn't allowed on. She has some gross motor delays and while she's growing leaps and bounds each week, I didn't feel comfortable with her going on those rides without someone there to hold on to her and steady her if needed. At Disney that's a non issue, because any ride she's allowed on, I'm allowed on as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinions. As a newbie I like to read how others have enjoyed the park.
I have friends (30-something, no kids) who have gone to Disney for years. I didn't really get it till I researched for me own family trip. Seems there is so much to do there for all ages. But I would think kid-less touring would be maybe 10%. From reading here, it seems more like 50%. I guess whatever people want to do - go and enjoy yourselves!

I won't knock people who love Disney even w/out kids. Just don't ever flame me for taking my kiddo to an all-inclusive in Mexico, covering him with sunscreen, putting on his floaties, and sitting with him at the swim up bar!!:cool2:

What exactly is your problem? :confused3 Plenty of families with 2 year olds go and don't whine and moan because an adult dared to be in front of them in the line for Cinderella or Dumbo.

Get over it, adults go to Disney parks. There will be plenty going to DLR too no doubt.

You are reading it wrong. I don't really have a problem. It was just kind of entertaining to see everyone getting their underwear in a wad because of a silly comment about all the adults in the park.

And yes I was kind of annoyed at all the childless adults clogging up the kiddie rides but watcha gonna do. It's kind of disney's fault for not having enough attractions so people feel they have to get their money's worth by riding every single ride.

At this point in my life Disney is a Vacation I do for my kids. Other people vacation however they want. I'll wait until my kids are able to wait in lines before I consider another trip. Maybe my kids are truly really special snowflakes.

You are reading it wrong. I don't really have a problem. It was just kind of entertaining to see everyone getting their underwear in a wad because of a silly comment about all the adults in the park.

And yes I was kind of annoyed at all the childless adults clogging up the kiddie rides but watcha gonna do. It's kind of disney's fault for not having enough attractions so people feel they have to get their money's worth by riding every single ride.

At this point in my life Disney is a Vacation I do for my kids. Other people vacation however they want. I'll wait until my kids are able to wait in lines before I consider another trip. Maybe my kids are truly really special snowflakes.

So you have no problem, but you are annoyed at all those silly adults taking up your snowflakes time in line.....priceless!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter