• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

It baffles me why Disney wouldn't share the dates in advance of tomorrow's sign up.
Surely that would instantly reduce on-line traffic somewhat, as unless you are local or super flexible the dates would likely rule many people out
I'm sure there must be a reason but it's lost on me 😂

It baffles me why Disney wouldn't share the dates in advance of tomorrow's sign up.
Surely that would instantly reduce on-line traffic somewhat, as unless you are local or super flexible the dates would likely rule many people out
Disney didn't release dates for Guardians ahead of time either. My trip just so happened to coincide with those dates. I wish they would tell people ahead of time but I know now not to expect anything from this company LOL

I'm won't be there until March 18 so who knows if they'll have anything then for AP or DVC
Same, but I am going to try for the D23 preview today. Fingers crossed!! I do hope there are AP or DVC dates this late in case the D23 event fills up too quickly.

I am going to try for it also!
Did D23 announce the time their link invite will open ?
I know castmembers opened at midnight.

I swear I never get those type of emails from WDW or AP or DVC, etc.

I am going to change my agreement to contacts legal fine print on everything Disney after this .
probably easier to throw my iPad and I phone in water and get new phone number and email Haha .
End of Line …Game Over …

Hey Disney maybe you wouldn’t have so many online tech issues if you didn’t make us constantly log in to check for the windows to OPEN for everything.
One thing for sure They won’t want us to interfere with guests purchasing Genie or $ILL$ tomorrow time .
Doesn’t Genie window open at midnight daily and at 7:00 for $resort$ guests?

Last edited:
So what are we thinking for AP dates?

I am hoping for 23-26 if possible.
My guess - on the basis of almost nothing but watching which DVC members got emails and their dates and timing for D23 - is that the AP previews will be between the second and third weeks of March. When I first logged on for the GOTG AP preview, there were a handful of dates spanning a two week period. So my guess is that it will be the same… with the disclaimer that this is all a guess and I really have no idea lol.

So what are we thinking for AP dates?

I am hoping for 23-26 if possible.
Around 9 days, not necessarily consecutive, March 4 or later. It might make sense if Disney avoids nights MK is open for the paid after hours event. 23 to 26 is plausible. Dates have to still be available when it's your turn. Weekends are expected to book first.
Surely that would instantly reduce on-line traffic somewhat, as unless you are local or super flexible the dates would likely rule many ople out
I have the same question. Only thing I can think of, some guests might book air and reserve rooms when the dates are announced. Disney might not want hundreds of unhappy passholders begging for an exception

Last edited:
My guess - on the basis of almost nothing but watching which DVC members got emails and their dates and timing for D23 - is that the AP previews will be between the second and third weeks of March. When I first logged on for the GOTG AP preview, there were a handful of dates spanning a two week period. So my guess is that it will be the same… with the disclaimer that this is all a guess and I really have no idea lol.

DVC may only have 2 dates, its possible since they have only had 2 before. I suspect AP will be spread out from March 4/5 through March 31, leaving April 1-3 for media. Guardians had a ton of dates over like a month , weekdays, weekends and such. They need to keep the ride running with people as much as possible now.

One thing I'm confused about with the D23 Gold preview, if we can even get it, is the 2 ticket limit for Gold members. DH and I have a Gold Duo membership, so I would think we each can bring a guest. But I'm not sure if they consider us each as a gold member, I would think? We are hoping to be able to buy 4 tickets.

DVC may only have 2 dates, its possible since they have only had 2 before. I suspect AP will be spread out from March 4/5 through March 31, leaving April 1-3 for media. Guardians had a ton of dates over like a month , weekdays, weekends and such. They need to keep the ride running with people as much as possible now.
Club 33 has their preview day on April 2 according to my Club 33 friend.

pretty sure DVC had three days available for Guardians, and the day I went was also an AP preview day.

Same, but I am going to try for the D23 preview today. Fingers crossed!! I do hope there are AP or DVC dates this late in case the D23 event fills up too quickly.
“Quickly” is a drastic understatement when it comes to the D23 events. I’ll throw some good karma your way and cross my fingers for you!

Around 9 days, not necessarily consecutive, March 4 or later. It might make sense to avoid nights MK is open for paid after hours event. 23 to 26 is plausible. Dates have to still be available when it's your turn. Weekends are expected to book first.
Im sure weekends go first but since one in my party will be there for work starting Sunday would be so much easier if we could get Thursday-Sunday that week so they could just stay down there. So 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter