Trying something new...

samara

Mouseketeer
For our upcoming trip, instead of sticking to our usual spots, I’m going to try restaurants we haven’t been to before. I would love to hear from anyone who tried a restaurant they weren’t sure about and whether or not you ended up liking it!

I originally was not sure about Skipper Canteen, but as soon as I tried it, it became one of my top favorite restaurants at Disney World, and absolute top favorite at the Magic Kingdom.

Can you list your usual restaurants and I'll let you know if there's one not listed I think you should try?

I've not ever been to one I wasn't sure about at first. The menu at just about any place usually has at least one or two items that just about everyone will eat.

We have eaten at others over the years, but our “usuals” are:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Rose and Crown
Tiffins
Ohana
Raglan Road (at Disney Springs)

Here are our favorites:

MK - Tony’s and Be Our Guest
Epcot - Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, and Coral Reef.
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby and 50’s Prime Time Cafe.
AK - Rainforest Cafe.

I highly recommend the Boathouse, Splitsville, Wine Bar George, and Grand Floridian Cafe as new options to explore!

You have a great “usuals” list!

I also recommend:
Jiko
Flying Fish
Citricos
California Grill
San Angel Inn
Teppan Edo
Yak & Yeti
Ale & Compass
Sanaa

Some of them are still closed so it would depend on when you’re going.

Can’t make recommendations bc I have not actually tried these places but for our “new places” we’re trying liberty tree tavern in MK and mama melrose in HS

Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Rose and Crown
Tiffins
Ohana

Our ADRs for this trip are Biergarten, Topolino's Terrace, The Boathouse, Liberty Tree Tavern, Ale & Compass, Kona Cafe, Teppan Edo, and Sanaa.

All of those aren't of your list so would be worthy of consideration!

We've never been to Topolino's, Boathouse, or Kona Cafe. The rest are repeats for us. Ale & Compass was really great and we love Sanaa.

Skipper Canteen is fairly decent, especially if you like Jungle Cruise humor, and Yak and Yeti was fantastic on our most recent trip.

A few of our favorites are Ohana, Trattoria al Forno, Whispering Canyon, Liberty Tree, Yak & Yeti, Sci-Fi, Sanaa and Teppan Edo.

Trattoria felt like such a surprise. It was one of those "filler" reservations and it ended up being one of our favorites and we can't wait to go back. Service & food were outstanding.

Sanaa!

We did a resort only stay last week and ate at Topolino’s, Sanaa, Boathouse, Jaleo. Sanaa was a surprise hit! The bread appetizer was amazing. Love all the sauces. Hubby loved the secret hot sauce. Kids loved the butter chicken and dirt dessert. And we were very satisfied with our plates. Service was impeccable. Seeing the animals was a bonus. I highly recommend.

We always try to do a mix of old and new. It's difficult because there are a lot of places that we really like. But, we are always happy with the decision to branch out.

I try to book at least one new restaurant every time. This trip we are trying Ale & Compass, Topolino's, and Yak & Yeti.

These will be along with some of the favorites we visit on each trip like The Boathouse and Garden Grill.

We too have our favorites and usuals, but this trip we are trying a few new places - I'm kinda excited to change it up! We are trying Tony's and Sanaa. for the first time (but we are combining with our usuals like Via Napoli, Sci Fi, CRT, Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier - we are skipping BOG this time). Hoping Casey's Corner is open when we go and Columbia Harbour House for our fav counter service restaurants. So excited!!!

we tried yak and yeti for the first time this past september and LOVED IT! all around, everything that our large group of 8 adults ordered was a hit. we also had a superb server so that was a treat.
50's is pretty consistent (imho) and even though i love sci-fi and the atmosphere and will still probably go back everytime, 50's is a bit more tasty.

MK i skip for sit down
Epcot i love teppan edo, so much yummy food and the volcano specialty roll was the best thing i have ever tasted in my life lol.

(honorable mention to Grand Floridian Cafes' lobster thermidor burger which i will have to eat every single time i go back to disney)

We liked the pizza at Tony's. 2 where enough for the 4 of us. Not really that much more then a QS and it was nice to know we would have a seat and some AC.

Flame Tree BBQ in AK was nice for a QS, lots of places to sit, go further back and sit near the water.

Epcot we really liked Garden Grill, good family style food and the characters were really active.

Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Rose and Crown
Tiffins
Ohana

Since your "usuals" are all in the parks (except for 'Ohana and Raglan Road), try expanding out to the resorts and Disney Springs.

Here are my suggestions:
RESORTS
Grand Floridian Cafe (GF)
Olivia's (Old Key West)
Yachtsman (Yacht Club) currently closed
Beaches & Cream (Beach Club)
Topolino's Terrace (Riviera) breakfast is great

DISNEY SPRINGS
The Boathouse
Homecomming
The Boathouse
Morimoto Asia
D-Luxe Burger (quick service, but incredibly good)
And don't forget about The Boathouse

Bonus - stop at Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar before or after The Boathouse (it's right next door). It's a very fun spot.

Steve

We tried 3 new places last trip and enjoyed them all: Boatwright's, Homecomin and Morimoto Asia.

We were totally surprised by Cinderella’s Royal Table. It was excellent all around. Boathouse is always a winner, too. For quick service at DS, if you haven’t been to Polite Pig, definitely check that out.

On my to do list that I’ve heard are very good: The Wave, Homecoming and Liberty Tree.

We've only been once, so my experience is limited. We only did a few sit down dinners as well to maximize park time.

But our absolute favorite was Liberty Tree Tavern. Everything we were served was fantastic! Great atmosphere too.

We also loved Yak & Yeti as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter