Two Queen Beds in 1 Bedroom Villas?

Originally posted by LindaDVC
If we were going to change the bedding I would prefer that OKW add the same arrangement at the other resorts. I would want the studio or second bedroom to have a couch and a bed rather than two beds.
Bite your tongue, most that have posted would prefer the other resorts to change back and I understand that the dedicated 2 BR units at WL have 2 queen beds in the second BR. I do see the advantage for some though.

I was delighted to be able to buy some of the last OKW points available. The reason I wanted OKW was 2 queens in the Studio. I don't like the other studios having 1 bed and 1 sleep sofa.

I also would prefer 2 beds in the 1 bedroom. It gives more flexibility. I don't want to place son on a sleeper sofa if I don't have to. That being said, I am trying to get 2 nights at BWV in October thru the waitlist, just to try them out. Still wish they had 2 beds in the Studio like OKW.

It would be nice if they had a mix at the new Eagle Pines, some king, some with 2 queens in the 1 bedroom. That way people would have a choice.

Just my preference.

How about having the master bedroom as a studio for those who do not need the kichen living room and only want the kingbed and Jucuzzi. This would only sleep 2 of course.

Then make the one bedroom the former studio with 2 beds connect to the kitchen/living room.

Then those who need a room for 6 have it. Those whos familys have grown up can have a king bed and jucuzzi.

Flexability is one of the great things with DVC.

Tigger

Most resort hotels have 2 queen or full beds in one room. Honestly, one of the reasons I joined DVC was the fact that there were separate sleeping accommdations in the 1 and 2 bedrooms where I could have my DD's sleeping separately. My children always slept in their own rooms at home, and I have no problem with a "home away from home" setup where they can have their own bedroom too. I love my privacy and prefer a little peace and quiet while relaxing on vacation! JMHO! :)

Then those who need a room for 6 have it.

Great suggestions, Tigger1! ....But, what about those who need a room for 3 or 5 or 7 or 9? Do all of the villas have to be for an even number of guests?? :jester:

This would only sleep 2 of course.

Is that in addition to child under 3? :jester:

:D :D :D :rolleyes:

Put yourself in the place of the resort. From a resort standpoint, the fewer choices the better. I can only imagine trying to match up to rooms at BW with the studio plus/reg studio, 1, 2 and 3 BR units, non smoking vs smoking and preferred vs standard views. What if the resort is full and a couple of rooms go off line because of a water leak. Then when you go to refurbish, more variables and again, more cost. It doesn't mean that choices of different type of rooms isn't workable just more difficult and in the end more expensive.

Swampfox

Of course if you have 5 they could go in a room for 6 or more. As the present set-up 5 have to go in a 2-bedroom and there may be only 2 in a studio that holds 4.

I think that the number per room has alot to do with how many beds there is.

If they put a queen and a single bed in the bedroom it could be for just 5 or less
As far as the child under three, a portable crib bed is always in the closet for the young ones.

Myself, I like the privacy of the 2-bed when my whole family is with me.
If It was just me and the girls I would prefer the 2 beds and a living room.

I think dean is right that too many chooses would create to many disappointments if what we wanted was not available. For instance, studio plus and garden views at BWV are so hard to get.

Tigger

I enjoy the King size bed in the MBR. That is what we sleep on at home and are used to it. When we went over to St. Pete beach our last trip we had to sleep in a double!!!!!!!!! OUCH!! My DD's like to sleep on the sleep sofa and my youngest loves the portable play pen.

Now, my youngest is now 3 so we must upgrade to the 2 BR. My only concern is not be guarenteed a "dedicated" 2 BR. I am fearful that they could get out of a lock-out 2 BR and it makes me a little nervous them being so far away. At home they all have their own rooms but they are closer to my room then they will be in a 2 BR unit and I can call or qickly get to them if needed. With the 2 BR at OKW....it is a little bit of a distance....plus the fact that they will definetly fool around alot and not get any sleep!!!

Yeah, I wish we could be in the 1 BR until my 3 year old at least turns 5 but.........rules are rules..............just my 2 cents.

After our last trip my DH and I wondered the same thing. Why aren't the 1 bdr units open for 6? That would help the families of 5 or 6 to reduce their point cost. There seem to be alot of families of 5 trying to squeeze into the 1 bdr. It seems that since the studios are for 4, the 2 bedrooms hold 8, and the 3 bedrooms hold 12, the 1 bdr should be available for 6.

Originally posted by wdw1972
If they did decide to add some 1br's with different bedding, I wouldn't care - as long as I would be able to specify a king bedroom when I book that size unit.

The problem with having two kinds of units is that someone will always be stuck with a unit that they don't want. Everytime we go on vacation, we request a king bed and at Disney, we only have that request met maybe 10% of the time. By "opening the door" for 2 queen sized beds in the current master bedrooms of DVC units I am afraid that the same thing would happen. I hate how crowded 2 queen sized beds feels in a single bedroom (though I love the studios that have one queen and a pull out couch because it doesn't feel crowded) and I consider a king bed to be part of the luxury of splurging on a 1 bedroom.

That said, I don't care if they implement that with future resorts, I just won't stay there ;-) but I don't think they can (or should) change the layouts of the current resorts.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter