Typhoon Lagoon tips??

Go at rope drop. We were able to finish all the slides (except Crush N' Gusher) within a hour . Typhoon Lagoon is much easier to navigate--all the rides are surround the wave pool. You can either go clockwise or counter clockwise. We went clockwise against the Crush N' Gusher traffic--my daughter was not tall enough. We managed to ride the family raft slide a few times before a line was form.

The bottom of the wave pool is very rough and the waves are pretty strong. My seven year old had a hard time in the wave pool and ended up scraping her knee pretty badly.

We hopped from the water parks to Magic Kingdom. We rented a locker at the water park then used the receipt to get a FREE locker at the parks (you just have to pay the refundable deposit). This was awesome because we locked up our valuables at the water park, then used the locker to not have to carry our wet towels and swimsuits around the park! We even park hopped to EPCOT afterwards and used a third locker on the original receipt.

This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life. I booked, and paid for, a private surf event for Monday, April 1st and can't get anyone to answer a phone at typhoon lagoon. Disney is unable to find my registration code emailed to me with my confirmation. I've been on the hold for 41 minutes with no answers after over 1,000 dollars was charged to my card.

My best advice: Rent an umbrella. Best money we spent at TL. I know you have 5 in your family and they only accommodate 4....we also have 5. When I asked the CM about getting an extra wrist band, she smiled and handed me another towel and wrist band.

We loved the privacy and relaxation the umbrella provided for us. Well, I loved the relaxation while my kids and husband were out in the wave pool.

The wave pool is great. Not as great as the beach at Manhattan beach Cali. Where your knees bleed from the waves knocking you into the ocean floor But it’s pretty good. Bloody knees is a good indicator of good waves. Lol.
Water shoes is best advice. Feet will get sore from walking. We really love TL. Just a great water park.

I’m the OP and we never made it that trip but have debated going during our trip in a few weeks. Now kids are 13, 11, and 7. Was funny to see this pop up in my watches threads!

Make sure to wear Sunscreen at the park; and reapply regularly when i went there, and didn't do that, i ended up with severe sunburns all over my body.

Also Make sure to cross your legs at the Humunga Calabunga slides, or you will end up with a slight wardrobe malfuction. Though its easily fixed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter