Uber vs Lyft

Unless it’s recently changed, when they brought the Minnie Vans back after Covid, they hadn’t returned to service at MCO (but I could be mistaken).

Unless it’s recently changed, when they brought the Minnie Vans back after Covid, they hadn’t returned to service at MCO (but I could be mistaken).
I had a look at the lyft app yes they have Minnie vans if you travel inside the Disney area but to/from airport they don't show up on the options they have regular ride lyft and lyft XL available
The only options lyft don't have from Orlando MCO airport is Minnie vans and the cheapest option wait and save probably reasons for that is Minnie vans I think you have to be using lyft a lot or maybe it's mainly for club level passengers and wait and save probably because there's lot's of drivers available at the time probably it might show up wait and save when there's less drivers.

We’re headed to WDW today, and have a Lyft XL booked for airport transportation. It’s only 3 of us but was afraid all the suitcases wouldn’t fit in a smaller car. I have a crossover SUV myself and struggle to fit in the luggage. It’s our first time using Lyft from MCO. Hope all goes smoothly!

Lyft because my kids, who know more about these things, tell me it's better!
Both services are basically the same, Lyft tend to be cheaper in Orlando. I have both and compare, then chose the less expensive most of the time. Sometimes one can pick up sooner and if I really want to get where I’m going, I use that ride share. I also recommend, if you are not already signed up, to wait until a few days before you travel to sign up. Often, they offer new users decent discounts on your first few rides. It’s usually for a limited time (last I saw it was 2 weeks), so wait until right before your trip.

It’s our first time using Lyft from MCO. Hope all goes smoothly!
Coming back to report that we had a great driver. Luggage was late getting on the belt, and he waited for us. I know he didn’t have to, and could have left and accepted another ride. I was so grateful, and made sure to tip extra.

Both services are basically the same, Lyft tend to be cheaper in Orlando. I have both and compare, then chose the less expensive most of the time. Sometimes one can pick up sooner and if I really want to get where I’m going, I use that ride share. I also recommend, if you are not already signed up, to wait until a few days before you travel to sign up. Often, they offer new users decent discounts on your first few rides. It’s usually for a limited time (last I saw it was 2 weeks), so wait until right before your trip.

Same in NYC--- Lyft much cheaper--- Uber prices are out of control here

Coming back to report that we had a great driver. Luggage was late getting on the belt, and he waited for us. I know he didn’t have to, and could have left and accepted another ride. I was so grateful, and made sure to tip extra.
Just chiming in with a similar experience. We used Lyft XL (4 people, with 4 21" carryon bags) twice during our trip last week, and also had great experiences. Both of our drivers helped with luggage even though they didn't need to (so we made sure to tip extra, too!), and their vehicles were squeaky-clean, with plenty of room for us.

We've booked private transportation services in the past with a few different limo/towncar companies in Orlando (at least, we did back in the post-COVID slump when prices were discounted), but now that prices for those services are back up to normal, we've found Lyft to be a terrific alternative. I used to have Uber, too, but rarely used it because it always seemed to be more expensive than Lyft, so Lyft is now our go-to.

Is it just me or has anyone found Lyft less expensive in Disney than Uber?
On the other hand I have always had nicer cars using uber
Whats your preference and why?
I prefer Uber, I find it more comfortable and the conditions are quite transparent as for me.

Minni vans to and from MCO are bookable if you are staying club level. It was offered to us on our last trip, which was December of 2022. The price was crazy I want to say close to $200 each way, there were 2 of us and no kids. We opted to use regular Lyft.

If you take an Uber or Lyft to Magic Kingdom, where does it drop you off?

If you take an Uber or Lyft to Magic Kingdom, where does it drop you off?
If you take Uber or Lyft to Magic Kingdom, you get dropped off at the Transportation & Ticket Center. (That's why the guards at the gate of the Contemporary Resort usually won't let you in unless you are staying there or have a dining reservation there - people thought getting dropped off at Contemporary and walking to Magic Kingdom from there was preferable to getting dropped off at TTC and taking monorail or ferry boat to Magic Kingdom from there.)

If you take a Minnie Van, you get dropped off at the Magic Kingdom where the Disney buses drop off.

Minni vans to and from MCO are bookable if you are staying club level. It was offered to us on our last trip, which was December of 2022. The price was crazy I want to say close to $200 each way, there were 2 of us and no kids. We opted to use regular Lyft.

FYI, you are correct.
I just checked with DVC member services, and if you are staying club level, cash stay or DVC points at AKV, you can book a Minnie Van from and to the Orlando airport. But it is truly not cheap... $199 each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter