Undercover Tourist closes loophole on rental car discounts

Even worse, the savings just aren’t there when you do put a $100+ ticket in your cart. It looks like they lost the discount with Budget and Avis.
Yep. I was going to buy $100 worth of movie tickets because we would use them. But the discounts weren't that great. Budget does still have okay discounts on their website...not quite as good as they were on UT, but if you sign up for their rewards, the cost is still significantly less then UT now.

I think they are a sponsor here so now you can use their name in your posts. That being said, I hope they are reading this, I already decided to not use them for the rental discount anymore before finding out about the restriction because their "deep discount" just isnt cutting it anymore. I was getting a better deal with dollar or thrifty without jumping through too many hoops. Just click bait now.

Heads up, UT has corrected the loophole where you could buy like a movie ticket and get the rental car discount. The attraction ticket has to be over $100 to get the discount now.
Hope they still honor what I paid on Wednesday before they closed the loophole for my car rental.

I was just about to report the discounts were back as well. I noticed the rate was higher then when I looked before but I am not going to complain about paying $50 more for our 8 day rental of a mini van. Better then paying more then twice the original discounted price,which is over a thousand dollars.

Last edited:

I just put a 3 day Disney park hopper in my cart for next Feb and looked at 10 day car rental. No cheaper than Costco, both over $800 for intermediate. Savings on the ticket were less than $20 also. I think I will just grab some discounted Disney gift cards (I have several 20% off offers on my Chase cards for Best Buy, Home Depot, and Staples) and buy my ticket directly from them.

I just picked up 2 car rentals on both ends of our cruise in October through UT. I got mid-size SUVs from Budget for 2 days for $124 and 5 days for $311. My equivalent Costco rates were $180 and $490. Of course I had to buy $100+ tickets to get the deal. We had decided to get MNSSHP tickets so I went ahead with the rentals. The tickets did end up costing about $8 more than the discounted tickets we could’ve gotten directly, so add that to the rental cost.

I wonder if it is limited time frame, maybe my Feb 2023 dates are too early for them to have car discounts? However if I buy my ticket from Disney before they have better rates I will stick with Costco for the car.

We just found out our favorite UT discount was gone while trying a rental car for Thanksgiving. We don't have a Costco. Any other suggestions for discount bookings? I'm not seeing anything comparable direct booking on the rental car websites.

www.autoslash.com is the most consistent aggregator of car rental discounts. They also stand behind the prices they show, if you book through them you know that is the price you will pay. There have been instances where they made it right to the customer out of their own pocket. I've got a week rental in SAN in December, they just managed to get my rate down 25% yesterday.

www.autoslash.com is the most consistent aggregator of car rental discounts. They also stand behind the prices they show, if you book through them you know that is the price you will pay. There have been instances where they made it right to the customer out of their own pocket. I've got a week rental in SAN in December, they just managed to get my rate down 25% yesterday.
Thanks. I am not the one who asked, but will give this a try next time I need to rent.

LAX

I just discovered this when I looked at the possibility of flying down for a week late November. Super cheap flights available, but without the UC car rental discount, not worth it. Sad, I had a great experience with UC, but with the new $100 minimum, I won't be using them,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter