Unfamiliar with food options at MCO. Hoping for help.

japanese maple

Mouseketeer
We plan to fly in to MCO around 10pm and will be spending the night there before we head to resort in the morning. Choosing this as it will be a much cheaper hotel night for a travel day than paying for an extra night at resort.

Will there be anything open for food that late or should we just plan to eat before flight and maybe pack a snack such as chips or something? Sit down or grab/go would be fine.

This seems updated for your questions .
AirportData.net
VIP Lounge hours are limited but
Dunkin Donuts ,McDonalads and Starbucks are listed with 24 hour Open inside the terminals.
Hope this has the info you need .

AirportData.net
Dunkin Donuts ,McDonalads and Starbucks are listed with 24 hour Open inside the terminals.

That's great, thank you.

AirportData.net
The Orlando airport website says this is incorrect. All three of those are listed with hours stating they close at 10. McDonald's website confirms that. The only thing open after 10 is McCoys, they appear to offer food 24 hours.

I would probably eat before you go just to be on the safe side even if it is something light and snacks are always a good idea. I don't know all the details as I wasn't with my siblings but the last time they flew in February there was a mess with the rental cars and their flight came in about 10. My brother has a tendency to always have food on him which worked well as nothing was open and even the vending machines were all wiped out with everyone being stuck there.

I think with you going to the hotel it might be a little different but I just know at that time of night food was hard to come by for them.

Another option is as soon as you've landed, while taxiing, turn your phone back on and pull up DoorDash. Have everyone select what they want to be delivered to the the hotel's address. Then, press "order" as you get off the plane. Worst case scenario, send someone to the hotel lobby to get the food while others collect the luggage. By the time you get your luggage and get to the hotel and check in, the food should be delivered.

We plan to fly in to MCO around 10pm and will be spending the night there before we head to resort in the morning.
If by "staying there" you mean the Hyatt in the airport, they have a lounge that will probably have the hours on their website. I know we've arrived later in the evening and been able to grab a bite to eat and a glass of wine there.

We plan to fly in to MCO around 10pm and will be spending the night there before we head to resort in the morning. Choosing this as it will be a much cheaper hotel night for a travel day than paying for an extra night at resort.

Will there be anything open for food that late or should we just plan to eat before flight and maybe pack a snack such as chips or something? Sit down or grab/go would be fine.

Are you staying at the Hyatt Regency in the airport? McCoy's is your answer.
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-regency-orlando-international-airport/orlan/dining

As a FWIW, and of course it depends on what resort you're staying at onsite, having a room ready for you, that is yours and you don't have to wait until 3 or 4 to get, can be WELL worth it.

I love the HR (if that's where you're staying) and don't discount its usefulness, but the times I've reserved an onsite room for the night before, rolled into MY bed at 1am, and didn't have to get out of there by 11 and be roomless for hours and hours, it's been lovely.

Some posters say they're staying at MCO but mean a hotel in the airport zone.

There is Dennys N of the airport, near hotels, which os listed as 24 hours

And DoorDash/Uber Eats
Maybe, I'd expect it to be difficult to find a driver willing to deliver to HyattMCO due to the difficulties in parking and making the delivery without a huge prepaid "tip." I would be planning to eat at McCoy's and leave it at that.

Maybe, I'd expect it to be difficult to find a driver willing to deliver to HyattMCO due to the difficulties in parking and making the delivery without a huge prepaid "tip." I would be planning to eat at McCoy's and leave it at that.
Is there not a front door? I'm picturing a "normal" hotel that has a front door where you can park your car for a short time while you go check in.

Looking at google maps street view, maybe not. Oh well.

Is there not a front door? I'm picturing a "normal" hotel that has a front door where you can park your car for a short time while you go check in.

Looking at google maps street view, maybe not. Oh well.
There is an entrance for cars on the loop around Terminals A & B. The orderer should plan to meet the driver there.

Not at all difficult. The HyattMCO has easy access for ride share and delivery.

I've BT/DT; since the pandemic, McCoys is your only option at that hour, and if there are flight delays, it will be PACKED. Last time I tried to eat there after 10 it took over an hour to get a sandwich to go. (McCoy's is also rather pricey.)

My advice is to pack food for the flight. We have a favorite local deli at home that we order from, they pack everything up nicely for travel and we pick it up on the way to the airport. Don't order things that are semi-liquid, and remember to take out condiment packets and put them in your 3-1-1 baggie before approaching Security. (Or as we do, have the deli put them all in a separate baggie for convenience.)
Put the packed foods in a large ziploc and slip them into a carryon bag until you get on the plane. We always try to do this now for late flights, and it's just so much better to eat at our normal dinner hour than trying to find food in airports or after we land.

We do order things that are likely to be fairly low-odor, just to be kind to fellow passengers, but there have been times when there were tarmac delays when other people have sniffed out real food and literally tried to buy the sandwich right out of my hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter