Universal Escape?

M&M7

Earning My Ears
My husband won't ride rides that go upside down, spin around, or roller coasters! We're definaley going to Univ. Studios, but would it even be worth our going to the Islands of Adventure if he won't ride roller coasters? I've heard that's mostly what's there....Thanks!

We always plan on going to IOA. There are a few other things there to do. It probably won't be a full day for you but it's an extremely beautiful park. One I think you shouldn't miss. Try it at least once, you might be suprised.

:)

There are only 4 coasters at IOA, so it certainly isn't mostly coasters. The is also the Dr Doom ride which is a drop ride. It really depends on what the 2 of you like to do. I myself think IOA is the best done park I have ever been to .. the theming is wonderful.

Pick up a copy of Kelly's book

Universal Orlando:
The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure

He is a regular poster on the boards here. There is a lot of info on the Universal boards.

My son and I travel to ORlando a lot and visit Univ for one day during our "disney" stay. We've been to I of A twice since its opened and love it! We are not roller coaster people (although my DS does enjoy space mt and we both like BTM, since its relatively tame. But we found loads of things to enjoy at Iof A, especially Spiderman. Its a ride that moves like "Dinosaur" (bumps around a lot) and has 3 D movie you watch as you travel. Its the greatest ride. We also enjoyed the Men in Black ride at Univ, where you have to shoot the aliens as your car moves, and when you hit them the car spins around. The theming in Iof A in itself is incredible, and the colors are so bright that my DS hates to wear his sun glasses and ruin the effect! Even the so called "childrens" sections, like Dr Seuss are a joy to walk through and the ride is delightful! The river rapids ride (I can't remember what it is called but it features Popeye I believe) is the best rapids ride around, and the scenery around it all is amazing. So yes, you will definitely enjoy I of A and should not miss it! :)

You can bet this is the response I hear most about IOA more than any other.

My son and I had a pact that we would not get on the roller coasters at IOA until he was tall enough. That was back when it opened in 1999. We'd gone back 10 times before he was tall enough in May of 2001 and it's STILL his favorite park in Orlando. I was the moderator of this board before I had even been on the Hulk!

What I'm trying to say is that the Islands of Adventure offer so much more. The theming, the sights, the sounds, it's an experience in itself! The coasters are the famous things, but it's like basing Magic Kingdom on the "mountain" rides!

I cant do roller coasters, i just get sick to my stomach
I did try the fire and ice, cant remember which one I
went on, thought I was gonna die!! But I love IOA.
The spiderman ride is awesome!!! Worth the price
just to do that one over and over. I also love the
atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter