Universal FAQ's

For me it's just not worth it for the drive. A half a day when you have a full day just minutes away. But I'm not everyone.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. (if not please direct me where to ask). My daughter is going on a wish trip in 2 weeks. Her wish is to go to WWoHP. Of course we will be doing all of it!! My question is, how (what) does the wand thing happen???? Is it random? Can we request she picked? What do they do?

Thanks for any info you can pass along!!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. (if not please direct me where to ask). My daughter is going on a wish trip in 2 weeks. Her wish is to go to WWoHP. Of course we will be doing all of it!! My question is, how (what) does the wand thing happen???? Is it random? Can we request she picked? What do they do?

It is random. You could speak to the attendant to try to arrange something. There is an attendant standing at the door. There are quite a few youtube videos about it. Just do a search.

Talk to Guest Services at Islands of Adventure and let them know about the wish trip. Maybe they can help arrange something for you.

Okay, so here is my question, we have decided that we want to go to US/IOA kinda last minute. I am trying to decide if I should get the express add on. We will only have one day for both parks. Should we arrive at opening at one park and buy an express for the other park, or get the express for both parks? We have been to US Hollywood, so we have seen some attractions already and can miss them if needed. We will be going on a wednesday, early March.

We are planning a trip in MArch and will be staying onsite for the last 4 days of a 9 day trip. We will probably stay at the COCOkey resort fir the first 5 days because my kids LOVEto swim. So we can get a good deal on our on site rooms with an AP and we want to go to Blueman group so we will get a discount there too....
Will an AP get us discounts on FLEX tickets??? Even if they don't I think the money we save on the room will pay for the 1 ticket to go to SeaWorld....and if we choose to go to Aquatica or Wet n Wild.
Thoughts?:confused3

Okay, so here is my question, we have decided that we want to go to US/IOA kinda last minute. I am trying to decide if I should get the express add on. We will only have one day for both parks. Should we arrive at opening at one park and buy an express for the other park, or get the express for both parks? We have been to US Hollywood, so we have seen some attractions already and can miss them if needed. We will be going on a wednesday, early March.

The Attractions are completely different between Ush and usf.

Will an AP get us discounts on FLEX tickets??? Even if they don't I think the money we save on the room will pay for the 1 ticket to go to SeaWorld....and if we choose to go to Aquatica or Wet n Wild.
No...the flex tickets are already discounted so no further discounts are available.

We are planning a trip in MArch and will be staying onsite for the last 4 days of a 9 day trip. We will probably stay at the COCOkey resort fir the first 5 days because my kids LOVEto swim. So we can get a good deal on our on site rooms with an AP and we want to go to Blueman group so we will get a discount there too....

I think you and the kids may be disappointed with CoCo Key. It's okay, but kind of a pain in the butt to get in and out of. As for waterparks...your Universal AP will get you a discount on your hotel rooms, food, Blue Man Group tickets, and Wet N Wild. If you have a family of Thrill Seekers then I would recommend Wet n Wild, but if not, then I suggest Aquatica. It's more laid back and has more for the entire family to do that isn't "OMFG THATS SCARY!" I'm a pretty adventurous guy, and there's only two or three slides at WnW that I do.

We are hoping to go in early May for my dd Make a Wish trip. We really want to hit Harry Potter since all of my kids love him. Are we nuts to even think about it with 3 kids in wheelchairs and a stroller?
Plus is there are list or book that will tell me what rides she can ride on? She can't go on anything wild she has not neck control and cant take a blow to the head.

We are hoping to go in early May for my dd Make a Wish trip. We really want to hit Harry Potter since all of my kids love him. Are we nuts to even think about it with 3 kids in wheelchairs and a stroller?
Plus is there are list or book that will tell me what rides she can ride on? She can't go on anything wild she has not neck control and cant take a blow to the head.

if you are doing Make a Wish Trip, contact guest services for more detailed information on the questions you have above.

there are special guest passes for make a wish families pertaining to rides and attractions.
it is not a free ticket into the park but somewhat along the same line of disney's gad cards.

you can call or email guest services.
they will go out of their way to help you, answer all your questions and be of service to you before you go and while you are there in their parks.

really and truly they will !
they are super stars!!

i have been on all the rides at ioa and the studios.
there are some rides that you need neck control in order to be on the ride.

strollers and w/c will not be a problem in the park or getting to the rides.

the seuss trolley ride has an elevator for those that are unable to walk up the stairs.
you have no steps at all on that ride.

for more details, contact gs.

do check out the UO website and read about the descriptions on all the rides and shows.

that way you will have a basic understanding of each ride in advance.

hope this helps you

When you are on a Wish trip, Make a Wish will arrange for tickets and for a GAP pass. There is also a booklet that will explain all ride restrictions. You can get that at Guest Services which is where you will also be picking up your GAP pass. If you would like to read the information ahead of time, go here: http://www.universalorlando.com/Resort_Information/Theme_Park_Services/ada_information.aspx and clcik on the "Rider's Guide" which is halfway down the page.

Hi, we are making our first trip to UO & IoA this March. Me, DH, DD (almost 11), & DS (9)

1. After much research I decided that either DH or I should get an annual pass. The free parking & other discounts seem to be worth the extra cost. However, when I go online to look at the passes all the annual passes same Florida resident (which we are not). Can out of state visitors get an annual pass?

2. I have read that you have to store bags in a locker at many rides, unless you have a fanny pack. I use a messenger bag, it lays in much the same spot as a fanny pack & is not very large (holds wallet, camera, phone, & some bandaids, etc. Would I be able to wear it on the rides?

3. It will be Dh & DD will both be celebrating their b-days while we are there. Do the parks do anything special for b-days (like at Disney you can get a button/pin to wear all day & you get lots of extra attention).

thanks so much in advance!

Hi, we are making our first trip to UO & IoA this March. Me, DH, DD (almost 11), & DS (9)

1. After much research I decided that either DH or I should get an annual pass. The free parking & other discounts seem to be worth the extra cost. However, when I go online to look at the passes all the annual passes same Florida resident (which we are not). Can out of state visitors get an annual pass?

2. I have read that you have to store bags in a locker at many rides, unless you have a fanny pack. I use a messenger bag, it lays in much the same spot as a fanny pack & is not very large (holds wallet, camera, phone, & some bandaids, etc. Would I be able to wear it on the rides?

3. It will be Dh & DD will both be celebrating their b-days while we are there. Do the parks do anything special for b-days (like at Disney you can get a button/pin to wear all day & you get lots of extra attention).

thanks so much in advance!
Answers below:

1. Yes...Non residents can purchase annual passes too. Here is the link:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Tic...s.aspx?ComponentId=12956&SourcePageId=13636#8

2. You can use a fanny pack as long as it doesn't impede the restraints from closing. I always wear cargo shorts with lots of pockets so I don't have to fool with it. If your bag has an over the shoulder strap, you will probably be denied boarding until it's stowed in a locker.

3. You can go to Guest Services and get a birthday sticker. There is nothing like a button that Disney gives you but I would imagine the TMs will say something if they see your sticker.

I have a question rergarding music in Islands of Adventure.

I have the 1999 soundtrack but I REALLY REALLY NEED to know what is the title of the track playing in the start of this YouTube video below from 00.10 onwards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF_TQIKxvbE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

It is NOT Call to Adventure, or Ocean Trader Market. It seems to be a mix of them both, but it is NOT on any of the soundtrack albums (unless I have just missed it).

I get goosebumps when hear the music in that video ^ it reminds me why I just love the whole atmosphere of Universal Orlando.

Please can somebody help me!!

P.S. is there anywhere where I can download onride audio from IOA rides for my iPod?

Hi guys, thanks for all the great info....could someone tell me how big is IOA? Is it about the size of magic kingdom or bigger like animal kingdom? I'm trying to get a sense of how much walking there would be fir the kids(2,5,8) to go to WWoHP and back around the whole park. I've been looking for the info but couldn't find it so I came to the expets here! Thanks in advance!:wizard:

Size? Hmmm...I would say IOA is bigger than the MK but smaller than Epcot. I'm not really sure how to compare the parks. It's a fair amount of walking though.

I read this on another site and it looks pretty accurate.

Islands of Adventure is 110 acres, Universal Studios Florida is 125 acres (compared to 107 acres, 300, 154, and 500 acres for the four Disney World parks.)

Islands of Adventure is 110 acres, Universal Studios Florida is 125 acres (compared to 107 acres, 300, 154, and 500 acres for the four Disney World parks.)
Cool...but which Disney park is what size? I'm guessing Epcot is 300 and AK is 500.

Cool...but which Disney park is what size? I'm guessing Epcot is 300 and AK is 500.

Magic Kingdom - 107 acres
Epcot - 305 acres
Disney's Hollywood Studios - 135 acres
Disney's Animal Kingdom - 410 acres (500 including parking lots)
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon - 56 acres (this may include parking lots)
Disney's Blizzard Beach - 66 acres (this may include parking lots)
Downtown Disney - 120 acres (this may include parking lots)
Pleasure Island - 8 acres
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - 220 acres

My 10 year old son is very interested in wrestling. I've seen that TNA is filmed at Universal and it says to be there an hour before doors open for good seats. Has anyone been to the TNA? I'm just wondering how busy it actually gets. If we are an hour early will be certain to get a seat or should we be there even earlier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter